test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE] Xbox Live Gold Ravenloft Pack

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Update:

Due to first party partner restrictions, the same pack cannot be downloaded on one console on different Xbox Live Gold accounts when downloading from the console store. One workaround if someone on a shared device has downloaded it for their Xbox Live Gold account is to have other device users with different Xbox Live Gold accounts download it from the web store portal:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ravenloft-xbox-promo-pack/c46rqjctgtn8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

We are continuing to investigate the issue with the pack presence on the Storefront.

We are investigating issues impacting the Xbox Live Gold Ravenloft Promo Pack. We are working with first party partners on the Xbox Live Gold Storefront presence and issues with claiming the Ravenloft pack.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The update is appreciated but that's really not a solution for some people.

Maybe just stick to in game rewards in the future instead of relying on a 3rd party or find a way to deliver the pack to all in game accounts.

Not blaming you guys because the XBL setup is quite flawed when it comes to dealing with multiple accounts or supporting multiple consoles in a household with 1 gold account.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Link leads to "Ravenloft Xbox Promo Pack is currently not available."
  • ken#2145 ken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've been trying to download this pack for 6 hours today, and every time I refresh the Microsoft sore it says "Ravenloft Xbox Promo Pack is unavailable," yet multiple people in my guild downloaded the pack, not even 10 mins ago after someone made a call out. Why can't I download it? There's only one Xbox live account on my Xbox.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Finally came up.
  • lordjintolordjinto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    yeah i been trying to get it as well and it is still down but a friend of mine just downloaded it with no issues
  • jeana#8407 jeana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i tried and it just says it is not available
  • lordjintolordjinto Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ok it is up on microsoft store on the xbox type ravenloft and install it then go to the reward claims agemt
  • realm32realm32 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My wife downloaded the promo pack but it only gave her a bag with lvl 70 purple boots, enchantments, and something else, can't remember..but it didn't give her the actual bag of holding, the 200 zen, the free vip, nothing actually mentioned. Happened to some people on FB too. Any ideas? I put in a ticket for her but they never respond.
  • kalarigc#5202 kalarigc Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Even getting this to install it has not given me any of the pack at all, we have tried everything and its just not working.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Even getting this to install it has not given me any of the pack at all, we have tried everything and its just not working.

Just checking, you do have Xbox gold on the specific account trying to claim it. It doesn't matter if another account has it, any account claiming it needs it as it is currently setup.
    Yep I tried it on mine since my hubby and I share the xbox gold. Then I had him go onto his xbox and it allowed it to download on his xbox. It shows up that I now have it he doesn't play so he did not redeem it, and I cannot get it to work in game. It is on my system though but no reward at the claims agent and nothing when I load up and click on claim reward. I think I am just sol.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @kalarigc I also have the same issue where I share Gold with my wife. Since only one account is actually gold you only get to redeem it for one player.
    Yes but he did not try to redeem it he does not play the game, we were able to log into my account on his xbox and dl it under my name. But the claims agent won't recognize it, he doesnt really want to download the game onto his xbox only to erase it once he logs in as me and I haven't asked him to. I figure I just wont get it.

Yes but he did not try to redeem it he does not play the game, we were able to log into my account on his xbox and dl it under my name. But the claims agent won't recognize it, he doesnt really want to download the game onto his xbox only to erase it once he logs in as me and I haven't asked him to. I figure I just wont get it.

If the gold account is in his name, only his account can get it. I do not recall which, if any, were character or account bound. But, I suspect they were all at least account bound. So, having him download to get the items for you would likely be a waste as he will be unable to transfer them.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    At the moment, the zen promo pack functions as a store gift to gold members. If you don't have a live gold account, you can't claim it. This has happened to my family with the free r14 during Jubilee too.
    For those who want it in the US, you can subscribe to a trial gold of 1month plus 1 free (for 2$ last I checked) and then claim the promo. 2$ for 200zen and 1 month vip is a pretty good deal. In my region, gold trial is around 7$ so not quite as good an offer.
  • hwasoulhwasoul Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    it been over a month still isn't working.. any new info on when it will be fixed ?
  • neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    You can get it on each gold account on one xbox.

Account 1 downloads it from xbox store, picks up in rewards vendor (you get the 200 zen).

Change account to account 2, dashboard to store, search ravenloft and find it in the store. Select ‘get’ or download. It downloads it again, account 2 logs in a character and collects from the vendor.

Repeat for as many gold accounts as you have.

Worked on all the gold accounts on my single solitary xbox, even the ones with the free month card i added right before doing it (remember when they used to include those in games? The old ones if you have them still work). No web portal needed, you just have to download it again on the store under each gold account.

You get the bag, the neck and belt, the 200 zen and the month of vip token. Each time.
  • hwasoulhwasoul Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I know how it works but as the thread says people are having problems and i still am
    hwasoul said:

I know how it works but as the thread says people are having problems and i still am

Actually if you read the thread, It had been over a month since last report. Many of the "complaints" were from players trying to claim multiple packs with only one Gold account or using a console where another account had claimed it. That doesn't work as they discovered and players were able to explain the correct working on this forum. In the past some free items were not tied to gold and could be claimed by multiple accounts.

Anyway if you met the requirements of having an Xbox gold account, also tried downloading from the web portal and the pack has not been claimed by someone else in the household using that account or another account on that machine, posting here won't help. Players can only give advice and customer support does not resolve issues brought up on the forum.

You should be communicating with Microsoft, as they are the ones blocking you from claiming it and they can see the actual claim and any attempts on the account in the Microsoft Xbox store. If Microsoft thinks the issue is on Cryptic's end (Can't see how it could be), they will refer you their customer support.