test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Fix Advance Random Queu - Raise IL Cap or scale damage from mobs/boss

odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
MSP and FBI cannot be completed by most parties at 11k item levels. Please either require (a) 1 of the support class and 1 dps to be at least 15k or (b) scale the damages of the dungeon down to 50% if people are at 11k item levels. You guys should try to run a party of 11k through there and let us know how many hours it takes to finish. There is a difference between a challenge and torture. I do not mind carrying new players through it and explaining the mechanics or even poorly geared players. But not when 4 people are all 11k. If you premade and find very experienced players, maybe you can find 5 at 11k il who can finish it, but not with most of the players in this game.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    This is the exact reason why I haven't done RAQ with any of mine yet. I know that only if I get 2 or 3 higher level players there is no way to make it through it. Heck have gotten Cragmire a couple times with RIQ and groups weren't strong enough to finish boss there. That one 9ks can't do straight up if they don't know what they are doing.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    RAQ was pretty much ruined early mod 14. The free vistani gear and a few upgrades easily gave the new players the 11K they needed to enter RAQ.

The same problem is creeping into the REQ. Doesn't seem so hard to slap on or upgrade a few more companions and mounts to get to 13K. It's got to the point where I now dismiss 14K dps when estimating the chance of a successful run. Yesterday in ToNG, my DC just doing stuff to generate AP to keep AA, did more dps than a 15K HR. Some obnoxious dude started calling for people to kick that HR. But no one wanted to use their kick vote. Eventually that HR left on his own.

At this point, I don't think upping the iLvl requirements will help much.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I honestly wish they implement a simple FIX to this.

I mean if someone who is 11k queue's and is being considered for the Dungeon they should try to find someone who is 15-18k to average it out. I mean it surely there has got to be some intelligence in how things queue so there aren't so many abandoned runs.

I guess the only reason for not doing this however it to encourage people to try to do more to improve their item level's... ...yet I admit spending 30-50 minutes in a dungeon struggling most of the way thru is no fun for anyone.
  • Options
    xveganroxxveganrox Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Simple fix: bump RAQ to 13k and REQ to 15k.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    What is really fun to do is this; wear a costume, once in the que take off all you armor and switch to the costume. The other players will just love you for it. :smiley:

Actually most pets will jump a level 8K to 10K, I am not a big fan of the IL system... everyone say "Thanks Scott!" he doesn't work there any more. This is my big gripe, my friends who are IL 13K or better wanted me to go to Castle Ravenloft in a private que. But I cannot join them because all my characters are 11K or less. The IL system gates even the private que keeping the unwanted element out, even when wanted.

Oh and if you are reading this Dervish, I promise I will wear armor next time! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I think the simplest fix would be to move Master Spellplague to Expert. It's by far the hardest one in that queue and almost always results in a lot of folks leaving if the queue into it.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    xveganrox said:

Simple fix: bump RAQ to 13k and REQ to 15k.

This will lock out anyone not in a top guild. 15K for a non-guilded character is near-bis
    silence1x said:

I think the simplest fix would be to move Master Spellplague to Expert. It's by far the hardest one in that queue and almost always results in a lot of folks leaving if the queue into it.

mSP is from mod 11. They are not going to give the best seals for such old content. mSP isn't that hard. But the bugs may make the very hard for people not over-geared. And the mechanics is more complex.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    The best way to fix it?
    Add more Tiers and types of mission.
    Say, four or five Dungeon tiers, three-ish Skirmish tiers, two Trial tiers, a 'Best of The Best' tier and a 'Second Best' tier to cater to the comically over-geared.
    We are now limited to 100k AD, so this isn't going to flood the market with raw AD. It will just give my 12K and 13K toons something to do other than ruin your good time (just a little note: I learned my lesson pretty quickly and stopped queuing for the higher tiers, even when I technically could, by day 2 of this system).
    Post edited by jorifice1 on

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    odnnauq said:

MSP and FBI cannot be completed by most parties at 11k item levels. Please either require (a) 1 of the support class and 1 dps to be at least 15k or (b) scale the damages of the dungeon down to 50% if people are at 11k item levels. You guys should try to run a party of 11k through there and let us know how many hours it takes to finish. There is a difference between a challenge and torture. I do not mind carrying new players through it and explaining the mechanics or even poorly geared players. But not when 4 people are all 11k. If you premade and find very experienced players, maybe you can find 5 at 11k il who can finish it, but not with most of the players in this game.

Thank you.

I think putting more character levels would be the best way to change this. Level 70-100 and then use item level to fine tune the different dungeons within those character levels.
  • Options
    krysnyte said:

I think putting more character levels would be the best way to change this. Level 70-100 and then use item level to fine tune the different dungeons within those character levels.

You must not have been around when the level cap was raised from 60 to 70. I bet if they raise the level cap again, many people would sooner quit then go through that again.

Also, people would get to level 100 as fast can they can do it and you have the same problem again with power creep.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited August 2018

krysnyte said:

You must not have been around when the level cap was raised from 60 to 70. I bet if they raise the level cap again, many people would sooner quit then go through that again.

Also, people would get to level 100 as fast can they can do it and you have the same problem again with power creep.
    Yes, that was the biggest crisis this game ever had. Many quited. Many expertise gone. Many good players that put heart and soul to help the community gone. More than 50% of the guild gone and most were top tier players. It basically null all the investment people put their time/money/knowledge on overnight and told them to start from scratch and re-invest again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    xveganroxxveganrox Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    > @namelesshero347 said:
    >
    > This will lock out anyone not in a top guild. 15K for a non-guilded character is near-bis.

Eh, REQ isn't really the issue, RAQ is. And FBI is as bad as mSP for random 11ks.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    xveganrox said:

Eh, REQ isn't really the issue, RAQ is. And FBI is as bad as mSP for random 11ks.

The issue is too many new players going in to RAQ and, to a certain extent for now, REQ. After getting the vistani gear, they are very close for RAQ if they can't get in already. All the eDemo runs I've been in recently, almost no one zergs the purple portals. Good thing the power creep is so strong with mod 14 that people can open whatever portal they see and still get gold in a decent time.

Then these players get a few more companions and mounts and get into the "expert" queue. Here you see SS CWs use skills long forgotten like arcane singularity and ice storm, and do less dps than the MOF CW buffing him. Even a group with all 15/16K dps fails miserably at CR first boss because no one knows or wants to use the book.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Ice Storm.. that power should be eliminated from the game. Not only does it blast mobs all over the place making it hard on everyone, but it doesn't even really do enough AoE damage to be useful.

But, back on topic... I understand the pain of not having a dungeon go perfectly, but not everyone has a good guild or circle of friends to teach them the tricks, so their only alternative is to use the random queues. They aren't horrible people for wanting to play the game too. Yes, they may not know what they're doing. Yes, they may not have gear as good as yours. But good god, it's elitist attitudes like this here that make this community so toxic.

If you feel you must be picky and can't handle less than perfect runs, don't queue without a premade group. Simple as that. If you queue without a premade, you have NO RIGHT to complain. It's like not voting, then complaining about the winner.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Given that I don't do pre-made at all and only RQ, I can't be one that looks for perfect runs. But I do expect a certain level of quality. There is a problem when REQ, with the hardest runs in the game, gets overrun by new players who's only been in the game for a month or two. Getting CR in REQ used to be somewhat interesting when only good long time players can get in. Now it is a joke. Many new players don't know to look up the run before hand, or even bother to ask about the run. They come in expecting the run to be just another quest.

Guess is no surprise when the best gear that requires lots of CR/CoDG/ToNG runs is 550 and the next step down at 540 is so easy to get by grouping up for hunts that are easier than T1 dungeons. It wouldn't be long before everyone's item level is in the same 14-16K range.
  • Options
    ToNG in the early REQ days was pretty easy with mostly older players in it. Now almost every run has at least one carry. Sometimes two. Not that I mind carries. But most of these players don't realize they are carries and when carries are not possible. After failed attempts at Orcus, they don't offer to leave or be kicked. Usually I have to leave and take the penalty myself because I don't kick unless someone asks for it.
  • Options
    chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Agreed. This content is no place for min iL characters. Exception probably DC who can still contribute a lot it if the rest are higher. Others will get carried or fail until ppl leave.

This is not elitist, just realistic and honest. Idk why they would make it more accessible without changing the difficulty. I don't ask or like nerfs but that's generally what's done to older content. Its just strange. I went in at min iL and it was obvious from the get go when the tank got one shot and the rest of the group proceeded to get decimated over and over and over until someone leaves.

This is not healthy for the game, it is not a positive experience. Doesn't matter if pre made ability exists, this feature at those lvls is not positive for the game over all imo. I do not think it is good for the min iL player or the higher iL players having experienced both to varying degrees. Maybe only a few enjoy carrying that or being carried.

I was only 14.5k when I beat FBI and a 17k done 5x my overall dmg. I done ~3 x the min iL dps dmg and the 16k tank came 3rd overall easily. Even though I was not dead as much as the dps and healer I was still a burden in that instance. This was the best run I experienced and it was terrible. Imagine the others; no tank, no healer/(de)buffer.

On a separate occasion I told the group its my last try after several wipes and after another wipe 2 higher iL players left. I was about to write ty for trying tc etc when the 2 remaining min iL players called in reinforcements and trapped me with leaver penalty. Silly me for trying to be polite. Wont happen again and didn't.
  • Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    kvet said:

Ice Storm.. that power should be eliminated from the game. Not only does it blast mobs all over the place making it hard on everyone, but it doesn't even really do enough AoE damage to be useful.

But, back on topic... I understand the pain of not having a dungeon go perfectly, but not everyone has a good guild or circle of friends to teach them the tricks, so their only alternative is to use the random queues. They aren't horrible people for wanting to play the game too. Yes, they may not know what they're doing. Yes, they may not have gear as good as yours. But good god, it's elitist attitudes like this here that make this community so toxic.

If you feel you must be picky and can't handle less than perfect runs, don't queue without a premade group. Simple as that. If you queue without a premade, you have NO RIGHT to complain. It's like not voting, then complaining about the winner.

Now now, you know the correct response. If you solo random queue, it's your own fault. The game should be balanced around coordinated teams using TeamSpeak/Discord and with a Level 20 Stronghold. If you struggle with anything less than that, it's because you're a terrible player and/or you haven't put enough effort into your friend's list. Solo queuers should be spit upon and beaten until they finally wise up and decide to premade everything.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Another thing that annoys the hell out of me, how the heck are 12Ks getting into CR? And they all want CR. My typical night recently looks like this

Enter REQ, get CR, sees a 12K, abandon
    Wait 30 mins, enter REQ, get CR, sees all 13/14K dps, abandon
    Wait 30 mins, enter REQ, get HAMSTER CR again, GF tank, abandon
    Wait 30 mins, enter REQ, finally get ToNG, but all 13/14K dps and/or GF tank, this is going to be a long run and I have to sleep soon, abandon

I complete one REQ run like every other night or two. So sick of getting CR in REQ most of the time. I won't even try it if there is one dps under 16K. I'd be happy to get CoDG, which I rarely get, even though at this point, most of those runs are fails. At least there is a better chance to complete CoDG than CR.
  • Options
    burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    A simple adjustment to vote kick, and the pug is replaced, elitism at it's best! 3 minutes timer, or 2 deaths and you become vulnerable to a vote kick. Or just shut up and enjoy an epic free game! :)
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    11k is too low for raq, 12k is just right. 13k is way too low for req, 14 or even 14.5k would fit it better.

Reduces those numbers to current numbers when going in as a 5 man team.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    "Dear devs, please keep the riffraff out of my dungeon runs. kthxbye."
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options

greywynd said:

"Dear devs, please keep the riffraff out of my dungeon runs. kthxbye."

You rang?

These would be the 12Ks I see in CR and ToNG. Seriously, how the HAMSTER are they getting into a 13K dungeon/REQ?
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I've said for a while that that the minimum IL in RAQ should be 13k or 14k. 15k for REQ is probably also reasonable. I also think the AD rewards system is completely bass ackwards and since it has obviously failed in its apparent purpose of attracting high IL players to carry those who barely have the minimum gear, it should also be changed so that players can do the content they want. Also, every boss encounter since MSP has terrible mechanics and should be redesigned to actually be playable without the boring and pointless control/immunity/instadeath trope. And classes should be balanced. Really, endgame content in this game has been in a bad state for a long time and it exposes most of the things wrong with the game.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Maybe they should group ppl by their own IL in RQ. I have read so many posts from other players, who claimed, that they would prefer to run with dedicated 12k players and not with ptw 17k nubs. I would love, to stay with the 17k+ "ptw" crowd in REQ.

Spoiler alert, we had a similar problem, when rise of Tiamat was released. Players were grouped by the time they entered. The "ptw" noobs did time their runs and did (succsessful) runs, while the rest failed most of the time. We had many long and bitter posts about elitism etc. Fun fact, some ppl STILL claimed, that low IL players are better, while they complained, that the high IL players excluded them.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    The problem likely extends below RAQ, just that fewer people run into it. Last weekend my nephew was over for a bit of gaming, and he dusted off his GF for an Intermediate levelling queue run. I had already run through Barovia with him, so he had his Vistani gear, some upgraded pets, a couple new blue mounts, and then we packed enough enchantments on him to get him to 9100 IL so he could try intermediate.

First run was Tuern, which went OK; next was Castle Never. Team was nephews GF, a CW, a cleric, an SW, and a GWF. Everyone else had IL's in the 12k to upper 14k range. Regardless, with a team mix like that, and a 9K IL tank, they struggled with some stages but got through them (mostly because the GWF was pretty decent and tanky). Unfortunately the GF, at 9K, even with a few boons and HP bonuses, was getting one-shot by pretty much anything that aggroed on him. He didn't know the Castle mechanics, never having been there. He didn't know that in the dark corridors/rooms he had to move to one side and hop along the furniture. Everyone else ran well ahead of him so that he didn't have much of a guide except the sparkly path. Everyone else also ran past/around a number of baddies that were on the path, and of course when the GF tried to run past those, he would get 1 or 2-shotted and have to start again.

People were impatient with him even before the Orcus fight, and that's when lack of a decent tank killed them. To be fair, they all tried hard, the GWF especially, they had Orcus down to 5% health at one point... but two team wipes in and they were heaping abuse on the 'lamea55 tank', telling him to switch builds, drop team and get out, etc. Then they just started quitting, and a couple of them sent further abuse/'advice' in PMs.

Admittedly, he's not a very good or practiced tank. He doesn't have a second "max protection" build. He's barely geared enough to enter Intermediate. He's not in a big guild and he doesn't have a lot of boons. He's never been in CN so he doesn't know how to do it.

From what I can tell though, that is pretty much going to be the experience/situation of a *lot* of people who hit 9K IL and start running intermediate queues (or hit the min for RAQ, or REQ, or whatever). Running the next queue is a goal they can strive for, and it's basically the only option the game gives them to earn some decent RAD.

The matchmaker really needs to take into account when key roles (like tank) are minimum IL, and either double up on them (add a pally or very high GWF or something) or as suggested above, make sure the other ILs are high enough to compensate.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2018

... snip ... *stuff about nephew*

Basically, you're saying that he ran with a group of people who had no patience or inclination to help a new player? *shocking*

I guess my question for you, then: If your nephew was right there with you, why not explain the various tricks to him as he went along?

(to everyone):
    None of these dungeons are mysteries - yes, they may take a little practice to understand the mechanics (CR especially) but it's not like there's anything random going on that will hit unexpectedly. So, again - if you have no patience for new players, if you can't handle the idea that, in a totally random group of people, there will be one that may not actually understand or be up to *your* personal standards of gear and game expertise.... why are you running pugs? If you can't do a premade from your guild or friend list, then go join one of the vast number of channels you can get teams in where you can find people up to your standards.

Heaping scorn on someone for being new to the game (or at least new to a dungeon), and berating them for not being willing or able to have end-game gear instantly upon hitting level 70 is the height of conceit. To me, the problem isn't the new player just just trying to play the game - it's with this toxic elitism that insists everyone have top-end gear immediately or never run team content... ever. If you just can't bring yourself to help new players - even if it's inconvenient to do so and takes a few wipes, or even failure - then don't do random pugs because the problem is YOU not the pug. YOU are the a-hole that can't handle anything but a superfast run.

Back to tribbulater's post: That team had orcus to 5% - that means they could have won but they couldn't bring themselves to try again. It was doable if you got him that low. It's a perfect example of what I'm talking about - instead of stepping up to the challenge of helping a newer player, instead they belittled him, blamed him, and treated him like a jerk. In fact -THEY were the jerks.

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    problem with other players, they just speed run to the end.

remember my post to devs about barovia hunt topic? it was the right direction for next future dungeon runs and as i posted in that topic, if they introduce new hunt shard instead of cards for challenging scale if they offer "Improved loot drops" base on difficulties, and any new dungeons can be run as normal if no one put shards before going in.
    dungeon shards can be trade if leader need and select rypes of challenges which is proper for the groups, only if they are ready and only after they had first runs to learn the theme of dungeon before using the first shards.
    instead of having the devs to make "Solo", "Expert", and "hardcore" zones, but now, with shards, it make randomized challenges to keep it from being bored and run fast to the end.