test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.100.20180709g.7

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available for PC:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10976213

Comments

• cooljinxcooljinx Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Is the time for all platform maintenance correct? 17 hours (5 AM - 12 PM?)???
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    cooljinx said:

Is the time for all platform maintenance correct? 17 hours (5 AM - 12 PM?)???

:no_mouth: 5 AM - 12 PM is 7 Hours...
    FrozenFire
  • jackonyourbackjackonyourback Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    The question remains: it will take 7 hours to do a maintenance with this short a patch list?
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2018

The question remains: it will take 7 hours to do a maintenance with this short a patch list?

Because its an extended maintenance and it was also announced for today :
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13043990
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Because this isn't just a *Neverwinter* maintenance. It's also STO, Champions, and all other ARC games. It's a PLATFORM maintenance period. It's 7 hours because they're doing a lot of things on the back end, even if the software changes to Neverwinter itself are relatively minor.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Hope you're patient, this is going to last what is it? Another four hours?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • aleeradarkmoonaleeradarkmoon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just want to say Thank you to all the developers and people that put so much work into this game I really do appreciate it a lot. I have no compliants at all now or never. I just enjoy how this game is I really just want to say Thank you one more time. Have a wondeful day to you all. May the Heavenly Father bless you!
  • poedizypha#8824 poedizypha Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    OMG....cmon green light. Having Neverwnter DT's, lol
  • sky#7421 sky Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If you are so bored why dont you come by preview server i'll be happy to play with you anything at all @sky
  • neilb#1221 neilb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Is there a 'server status' page or similar that we can check which reports when server maintenance is completed, so we don't have to load up the game to find out?
  • twwkta#4648 twwkta Member Posts: 2 New User
    I started playing Neverwinter recently and have not been disappointed yet so keep up the good work.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Is there a 'server status' page or similar that we can check which reports when server maintenance is completed, so we don't have to load up the game to find out?

For PC - look at the top of the NW client. There's a server status icon to the right of your username.
    I aim to misbehave
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

Nope. Just have to have the game client loaded.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • neilb#1221 neilb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @silence1x said:
    > Is there a 'server status' page or similar that we can check which reports when server maintenance is completed, so we don't have to load up the game to find out?
    >
    > For PC - look at the top of the NW client. There's a server status icon to the right of your username.

Thanks, but actually I'm a PS4 player and only posted on here as I couldn't find a post for today's extended maintenance in the PS4 forums and as a new forum user I can't create new posts yet.

I was just thinking back to another very popular MMORPG I used to play which had a specific webpage showing the status of every server, and I thought (and hoped) NW might be similar, especially as on the NW load screen it says 'Extended maintenance schedule....please check the forums'. It would mean we could quickly use a tablet or phone to look at the server status instead of having to boot up PCs and consoles to find out if the reboots/maintenance have finished early (which often happens).
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    PC Shard has been back up for a while...BTW :)
  • lotosabstractlotosabstract Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Now... Is there any way to get a reimbursement... If you used, say, your 100% off Companion, accidentally Right Clicking on the Vistani… Triggering the bug...
    And thought that somehow YOU had screwed up, and didn't mention it until this point?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018

Now... Is there any way to get a reimbursement... If you used, say, your 100% off Companion, accidentally Right Clicking on the Vistani… Triggering the bug...
    And thought that somehow YOU had screwed up, and didn't mention it until this point?

Hmm... I don't know, but I'll ask about that.

Update: I've been told customer support should be able to resolve that (you will lose the companion you got if they do it). File a ticket here.
    FrozenFire