test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Promo Companions?

cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
Not the most pressing matter, but it seems as if the Mystagogue (and according to some users the Archmage's Apprentice) have disappeared from the Promo tab at the Reward Agent.

Is this deliberate? An oversight? Did a miniature giant space hamster eat them? If it is deliberate, an explanation would be nice. If it's an oversight, could you put them back, please? ;-)

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    I would say It is somewhat pressing matter, I have all the packs, and multiple unclaimed promos, both single claim and account wide. Is this going to be a trend and I need to run and claim it all ?

I rather hope it's some mistake that will be corrected and not a policy of things that already available going Harry Houdini
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Well, not pressing in that it's keeping me from playing, or anything like that - but yeah, pressing in that I'd rather not have anything else from the Rewards Agent disappear (as I'm a bit of a hoarder, and still have a lot of unclaimed stuff there...anyone want a scorpion companion? :-p)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I shall inquire about these!
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Would you also be able to inquire about the other Promo items that never get mailed to new characters anymore or show up on promo vendor.

There was a Pirate Hat that was a cosmetic hat, not an armor appearance change, and also a Dwarven facemask, that was like a half platemail facemask. It just covered one side of the face and above the other eye.

Both of these items vanished quite awhile ago, they could be picked up at the rewards vendor or were mailed to new characters like the Foundry rewards for the cloak, and imp etc.

I know my account was flagged for both of those items, from events that I was in close to release. Similar to the Catastrophe cloaks that we don't get either...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    myrkolith said:

... and also a Dwarven facemask...

Similar to the Catastrophe cloaks...

My understanding of both these items is that they were distributed only to toons which were active when the Caturday roll-back happened, and all later toons were ineligible to receive said items.
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
    rowin4010 said:

My understanding of both these items is that they were distributed only to toons which were active when the Caturday roll-back happened, and all later toons were ineligible to receive said items.

Correct. It'd be nice if toons that were eligible for the Caturday Cloak could reclaim it, though. I transmuted my original artifact cloak, and ended up having to feed said cloak into new artifact cloak. Shouldn't be hard to work it similar to the Master of Svardborg cloak - does the character have the title? If yes, they can reclaim from teh Mantol-Derith merchant....
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    cdnbison said:

Not the most pressing matter, but it seems as if the Mystagogue (and according to some users the Archmage's Apprentice) have disappeared from the Promo tab at the Reward Agent.

Is this deliberate? An oversight? Did a miniature giant space hamster eat them? If it is deliberate, an explanation would be nice. If it's an oversight, could you put them back, please? ;-)

Looking at the Mystagogue in data, it is an XBox claimable item but not PC. I want check on that since this is the PC bug forums, are you saying you had this on a PC account at some point?
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User

cdnbison said:

Looking at the Mystagogue in data, it is an XBox claimable item but not PC. I want check on that since this is the PC bug forums, are you saying you had this on a PC account at some point?
    Hello @noworries#8859 , I can confirm that I had that companion on my PC account claimable for new characters. Some of my older alts have the companion, while the newer ones lack it.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have the Mystagogue in older characters but can't claim in on recent ones. It would have been unlocked in 2014, but I can't remember if it was a promo code or charge reward.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    PC, very PC

Most definitely a PC user, and have the companion on a few alts already.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Thank you for the extra information. It looks like the settings on the reclaim ended up in an odd state during a fix up at one point. I'll look into getting those settings back in the proper state and back to being reclaimable.

Thanks very much!