test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holding me hostage

2»

Comments

• shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Yeah... the changes, imo, have only widened the gap. Before, we had ridiculously wealthy players, and we had everyone else. There was a gap between them, but, the gap could be crossed by doing what the others did- make alts, play all characters every day, do all randoms, etc etc. A person COULD get to that level of wealth. More importantly, the wealthy would put things on the market for high prices, and a player could get those items with a little bit of work.

Now, however, the gap has become all but impossible to cross, unless you get ridiculously lucky on the daily lockbox opening, find stuff that sells for millions multiple times. And, to buy those ridiculously overpriced items on the market? Good luck, might take multiple months to buy a single item that you need for doing some of the final upgrades, while the wealthy are able to buy and sell those items to each other without any real consequence, so they aren't going to drop prices...

The only thing this has done is punish anyone who isn't already wealthy. New players are pretty much screwed on getting to above 15-16K IL, and it will be really hard to get over 14K, as it could take multiple days just to save up enough to buy a single enchantment upgrade past 10-11... where players used to be able to do those types of things while buying VIP ranks, too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    chivonica said:

I am so confused.

Above you say its doing its job and helping the AD -> Zen traders get quicker Zen but then go on to say that there are fewer AD farmers as they are giving up on the system and the players win?

So which is it? Who are the players? Who wins? Are the zen sellers not players? The AD sellers not players? The Zen sellers are going to get more for their money when the prices drop below 500 or the AD farmers who hoarded millions/10s/100s of millions of AD going to get more Zen for their AD when prices drop below 500 instead of selling right now?

AD farmers are people who are just running massive amounts of AD daily to the ZAX, converting it to zen (more than likely to be sold for real cash). Regardless of their goal, they are NOT playing the game, they are grinding RAD and most quests that make RAD are very redundant. Players are people who play content, have fun and enjoy the game for 2 to 3 hours per day at most. To make the massive amounts of AD, they have to be clocking in 40 hours or more per week. That is no longer past time hobby, it is work. I don't work Neverwinter, I play Neverwinter.

@cerberusxll I don't have data, but neither do you. I guess we will both know for sure, if the cost of zen drops. I certainly won't expect to see 20 million backlog anywhere in the future. I would like to see zen drop to 350 or 400 AD. That would be nice for all players.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    @sandukutupu

Boom! Anyone who plays over 3hrs p/day or grinds R/AD "regardless of their goal" are NON Players and cannot enjoy the game or even play it's content while doing so. Ridiculous but there we have it, your rationale. Appreciate the insight :D
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I would like to see zen drop to 350 or 400 AD. That would be nice for all players.

Well, I think you can just put that idea away. If I'm selling Zen, then I'm selling it at 500:1. Period. I spent real money to get that Zen. My real money trumps your imaginary money.
  • golemjoe#7652 golemjoe Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I would like to see zen drop to 350 or 400 AD. That would be nice for all players.

Well, I think you can just put that idea away. If I'm selling Zen, then I'm selling it at 500:1. Period. I spent real money to get that Zen. My real money trumps your imaginary money.
    While I can completely understand why you'd feel that way, wasn't the 500 price (and backlog) a stated problem that the developers were trying to solve? So sure, sell for as high as possible (500) but if it's not just smoke and mirrors, expect at some point that price point to drop, rather than putting that idea away.

Guess we'll see if it's considered a real problem or just a temporary item that has developer attention/interest.

@golemjoe#7652 I understand what you're saying. I just don't think this is something they can meaningfully change without damaging the game and their playerbase. Besides, I don't really see the generation of "new" AD (from rAD) really changing all that much unless they either do something more to reduce it or create AD sinks that truly wealthy players want to use. I'm still making 100k per day and my wife has gone from making 45k-48k per day to making 100k per day herself. While we each have low single-digit millions in the bank, that'll all be gone in pursuit of refining enchantments when the Wondrous Bazaar goes on sale again. So even if they created new and tantalizing AD sinks, we won't be spending AD there for some time to come.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Of course, if the ad/zen ratio drops below 500 again, then it becomes possible to make money by playing the exchange - there were predictable daily and weekly swings. It will be harder now that the web interface is gone, but still doable. I used to make around 1M/week from that - kind-of miss it.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

Of course, if the ad/zen ratio drops below 500 again, then it becomes possible to make money by playing the exchange - there were predictable daily and weekly swings. It will be harder now that the web interface is gone, but still doable. I used to make around 1M/week from that - kind-of miss it.

That could be a fun meta-game. Maybe the price dropping wouldn't be so bad...
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User

That's great in theory, but, if this goes far enough to become like the console version, then you will sit there with your offer of 500:1 on the market for years, never being accepted, because I cannot remember a point where the rate was ever 500:1 on Xbox. Highest I think I have seen was 485 or something. Which would mean you have wasted money/zen, because if you aren't using it, and no one is buying it, it is wasted, collecting dust, so to say.

That's great in theory, but, if this goes far enough to become like the console version, then you will sit there with your offer of 500:1 on the market for years, never being accepted, because I cannot remember a point where the rate was ever 500:1 on Xbox. Highest I think I have seen was 485 or something. Which would mean you have wasted money/zen, because if you aren't using it, and no one is buying it, it is wasted, collecting dust, so to say.
    If it sits there long enough, I'll just use it to buy something in the Zen store. It's not like you can ever have too many coalescent or preservation wards, after all.