test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current game issues

pertadon99pertadon99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
First of all, i'm not a veteran player. I've been playing this game for a while but I've never got into that end-game stuff because I kept taking breaks, but I always came back to see the changes and how Cryptic is constantly updating the game and keeping it enjoyable.
I wanted to make a post about some issues that I think are affecting some players including me and my constant 150 ping ~5000 packet loss experience, and I know it's pretty late for proposing fixes for the Ravenloft update, but somewhere in the future would be nice to have these issues fixed.

System issues:
- Windowed Maximized mode on multiple monitors: I'm playing on a laptop and i have a second monitor connected trough HDMI, which is selected as Primary Display on the Windows Display Settings. The game detects both displays, and it switches correctly when playing in Fullscreen, but the issue is that whenever I press Alt to move my mouse, it is stuck on the screen that I'm playing on, and I have to Alt+Tab to go on the other screen, which also minimizes the game... I tried to fix that by selecting display mode Windowed Maximized, but this time whichever screen I select, it always switches to the laptop display, doesn't let me play at all on the second monitor, even if it's selected as Primary. Now I've tried some stuff I've googled and saw some solutions on Reddit for this issue, but none of them work, and from what I've read there are a lot of players having this issue and they can't fix it either.
- Audio outputs not detected: The game only detects different audio devices at startup, whenever I try to connect my Headset trough USB I have to restart the game in order for it to get detected. Maybe this is not as big of an issue as the first one but it's something to notice.

Gameplay issues:
- Travel posts. Some zones have very small travelling posts and the game doesn't detect properly when you can press F to travel. I've seen this issue mostly in Mantol-Derith and Kaer-Konig, but maybe there are other zones that also need fixing. I've noticed this happening to other players too, who kept running around the post in order to find that spot from which they can travel.
- Interactable objects. The same issue with travel posts happens to some objects and NPCs in game. Now for this I don't know exact occurrences but it happened to me multiple times.
- TR double tap dodge. When you double tap a moving direction as a TR, it automatically triggers the dodge action, and this cannot be disabled in Keybinds, even if you completely unbind the utility power. Personally I don't use that, I always dodge with Shift, and this is annoying sometimes when you do it by mistake. This doesn't need to be removed, just to give us an option to disable it.
- Soul Sight Crystal effect. It has no purpose, you don't need that, it makes it harder to see stuff on the screen, it's annoying and everyone hates it. I know the devs worked hard to achieve that effect, but make everyone happy and remove it, or give us an option to disable it (for example: right click on soul sight crystal -> disable visual effects on use...).

I made this post especially for the Windowed Maximized issue, but as a TR main I would also love to see the TR one fixed. Maybe there are some more gameplay stuff that needs addressing, but this are the ones that came into my mind right now. If I find something else I'll edit the post and add them.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    For the 2 monitor issues, I also use a laptop and a bigger monitor through HDMI. I play the game using the big monitor without problem. I also don't have your mouse problem. I don't need to Alt-Tab. I don't need to minimize the game. I use both monitor (the laptop monitor for something else) all the time.

For the audio output, I also use a USB headset and I also don't have any problem.

For the 'F' issue, I key bind 'G' to interact with 'subject' so that I can interact with it even if I am inside a big mob of people. I don't remember how I keybind that though.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    The audio device issue dates back to Beta. If you hook up a new device, the game never detects it. However, if you have a USB plug and a wireless device, the game detects the plug regardless of the headset being on or off.

You can disable double tap under options, either the first or second tab.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies.

I found the double tap setting, apparently I'm blinder than I thought.

The monitor issue is still the same. In fullscreen I can swap the monitors but I cannot move the mouse without minimizing the game. In Windowed Maximized, I can move the mouse but it doesn't let me switch from the laptop monitor.

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for your feedback @pertadon99! Glad to see some other community members provided some insight into some of these topics. As someone who has also encountered the small "F" area, I get the frustration but I also believe there is a reason for that design/logic :-/
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Thank you for the replies.

I found the double tap setting, apparently I'm blinder than I thought.

The monitor issue is still the same. In fullscreen I can swap the monitors but I cannot move the mouse without minimizing the game. In Windowed Maximized, I can move the mouse but it doesn't let me switch from the laptop monitor.

You don't need to do all this. Or I'm not sure what you are doing.

To move the game monitors, in maximized window, just go in game when in mouse control mode (alt) to the top right corner of the screen, when you hover that corner the 2 window control button will appear one to minimize the other to resize to window, press the second one, the game will turn into a regular window with border, just drag it to the second screen like any other window and press the regular maximize window icon on the top right.

in fullscreen go to game options, when you have two monitors you will see multiple entries for the same video card but monitor1, monitor2 etc.. select the a different one.

If the above doesn't work for full screeen, press alt-enter, it will change the game to window mode, do the same as maximized window and at the end instead of maximizing to full window, press alt-enter again to be back to full screen mode on the right screen.

In general it's much easier to use maximized window on multiple monitors. As you can freely do other things on the other screen when the mouse in alt-mode while the game is running regularly.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

press the regular maximize window icon on the top right

That's what I was looking for. Thank you. But it only works if I drag the window manually to the second screen, if I select the second screen in the display options it still switches it back to the first one, and this is the issue that should be reviewed and hopefully fixed.

But for now, as long as I don't touch those display options again it should work just fine.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    As for travel gates, if they are crowded and you can't interact with it, look up. Eventually you'll get a clear line to be able to travel.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I actually kinda like the soul sight effect because I know when I still have a buff and usually can tell which monster it's against if there are several and I'm not sure I hit the one I intended with it.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    greywynd said:

As for travel gates, if they are crowded and you can't interact with it, look up. Eventually you'll get a clear line to be able to travel.

Actually some travel gates allow only total of one player to interact with it at a time - I think Cold Run or the mentioned Mantol-Derith are good examples. As now are those maps relatively sparsely used it is OK, but it is still annoying when someone clicks on it and goes afk...