test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question: Do Rings of the Curse Bringer, Rings of the Beast Slayer etc Stack?

obsiddiaobsiddia Posts: 877Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
edited June 8 in General Discussion (PC)
As a CW I have two Rings of the Curse Bringer. Does the game ignore the
second one, or can they proc separately?

Also, do the +X Slayer rings of the same type stack? So if you have two
+4 Beast Slayers, do you get the effect of having a +8% damage?

Thanks
Post edited by obsiddia on
Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?

Comments

  • rickcase276rickcase276 Posts: 898Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    The rings do not stack of the same type, but you can have say a +4 beast slayer and a +3 beast slayer ring and they would stack.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Posts: 496Member Arc User

    The rings do not stack of the same type, but you can have say a +4 beast slayer and a +3 beast slayer ring and they would stack.

    That's really interesting - I hadnt realised that, thank you
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Posts: 877Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User

    The rings do not stack of the same type, but you can have say a +4 beast slayer and a +3 beast slayer ring and they would stack.

    Agreed, that's extremely interesting! Thank you!

    Do you think this applies to the stuns when hitting with Curse Bringers as well?
    (Would like to be sure on that before I change it. It's been very helpful vs solo mobs.)

    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Posts: 898Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    It would not matter for the ring of the curse bringer as it is still just a chance of the stun happening, so 2 at the same time would not increase the chance of it happening, as they would proc separately. But even so, it procs quite often already, at least for me.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Posts: 450Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    As an aside, it's my understanding that these rings powers do not work on companions - can anyone confirm this? I've had people telling me I should be using Gravestriker rings on my companion (ACDC here, so the +Power is helpful). Does the companion get the bonus power? Or should I move it to my character?
  • greywyndgreywynd Posts: 2,175Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    Rings haven't proc'd on comps since they adjusted the Underdark rings.
    Who watches the watchmen?

    With your shield or on it.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Posts: 450Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    I get that the procs don't go off, but from what I have heard, Gravestrikers do work (at work, can't check companion stats from here). Gravestrikers also isn't a 'proc' really - just 'if X, then Y', and there isn't any indication on the ring that it *won't* add that power to a companion.... ;-)
  • asterotgasterotg Posts: 1,644Member Arc User
    The new rings effects work on your companion, so a ring of the gravestriker +4 gives your companion +800 power.

    Be aware, that the same rule applies, as when you use the gear yourself. You cant have the same effect twice, so 2x ring of the gravestriker still gives your companion 800 power, while a combination of the ring of the gravestriker +4 and ring of the gravestriker +5 gives your companion +1800 power.

    I tested the effect of multiple rings (same effect) on my characters stats with the +4/+4 and +4/+5 combination myself. The effect on your companions stats was tested by a friend.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Posts: 77Member Arc User
    edited June 13
    cdnbison said:

    As an aside, it's my understanding that these rings powers do not work on companions - can anyone confirm this? I've had people telling me I should be using Gravestriker rings on my companion (ACDC here, so the +Power is helpful). Does the companion get the bonus power? Or should I move it to my character?


  • tousseautousseau Posts: 1,356Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    edited June 13
    Never mind... alreay discussed. *blush*
  • callumf#9018 callumf Posts: 496Member Arc User
    I just saw a player with two identical rings which each gave a Power boost of 1% or something [iL 500] and wondered if they both gave a 1% boost or if the second gave a 1% of 1% boost :smile:
  • dupeksdupeks Posts: 1,578Member Arc User
    edited June 15

    I just saw a player with two identical rings which each gave a Power boost of 1% or something [iL 500] and wondered if they both gave a 1% boost or if the second gave a 1% of 1% boost :smile:

    Here is my short summary, as best as I can tell:
    • Primal rings (1% power on kill) stack, but this was specially requested and patched afterwards (at release they didn't stack).
    • Other Chult/Omu rings don't stack if they are identical (i.e. +4/+4) but stack if they are different levels (+3/+4 or +4/+5).
    • Gravestriker rings work on companions (+power if companion is close to full health), but only stack if different levels.
    • Underdark rings (rising power, sudden crit, etc.) do not proc on companions.
    cdnbison said:

    I've had people telling me I should be using Gravestriker rings on my companion (ACDC here, so the +Power is helpful). Does the companion get the bonus power? Or should I move it to my character?

    The reason people recommend this is because it's a relatively cheap way to gear a companion with double offense slots, since the rings are much easier to get than farming IG. The stats also make sense for dps classes.

    However, for power-sharing DCs, power you get from a companion does not count towards your power sharing base power. So although gravestrikers on companion are a nice stat boost to your personal power, it's not beneficial for your buff. For that reason, you find ACDCs tend to put more recovery/arpen/crit rather than power on their companion gear (so they can stack more power on their character instead).

    Edit: added in crit, since it's a tossup with arpen for ACs.
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • asterotgasterotg Posts: 1,644Member Arc User
    BTW, I switched the companion on my GF to con artist and equipped him with gravestriker rings, 1x+5 and 2x +4. +4 and +5 stack, second +4 just gives the stats from the ring.

    While the post before sums it up quite nicely, I thought, that someone might want to have a confirmation to the effects.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Posts: 450Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    dupeks said:



    However, for power-sharing DCs, power you get from a companion does not count towards your power sharing base power. So although gravestrikers on companion are a nice stat boost to your personal power, it's not beneficial for your buff. For that reason, you find ACDCs tend to put more recovery/arpen rather than power on their companion gear (so they can stack more power on their character instead).

    Interesting. I normally ignore ArP altogether on my AC loadout, and go heavy on crit/recovery on the companion. The only ArP is off the Loyal Avenger Rings they sport. I'll maybe do some juggling tonight and see how things shake out.
  • dupeksdupeks Posts: 1,578Member Arc User
    edited June 15
    cdnbison said:

    dupeks said:



    However, for power-sharing DCs, power you get from a companion does not count towards your power sharing base power. So although gravestrikers on companion are a nice stat boost to your personal power, it's not beneficial for your buff. For that reason, you find ACDCs tend to put more recovery/arpen rather than power on their companion gear (so they can stack more power on their character instead).

    Interesting. I normally ignore ArP altogether on my AC loadout, and go heavy on crit/recovery on the companion. The only ArP is off the Loyal Avenger Rings they sport. I'll maybe do some juggling tonight and see how things shake out.
    To clarify, in order to maximize base power on gear and enchants, you end up taking less crit/recovery/arpen. That's why it tends to happen that those stats go on the companion (where power doesn't help your buff).

    I'm not saying that you necessarily will be better off with those stats on your companion, but I'm pointing out that shifting those over to your companion allows you to free up more room for base power on your gear.

    Regarding ArPen, I think it's still helpful for ACs because it generates AP from damage and makes you a little bit less useless on mobs (still pretty useless though, especially if you are running exalt like a good support). I'd personally cap ArPen over incremental crit on my companion, but as others point out it's a pretty close tossup vs. more crit.

    Edit: reworded last paragraph, softening language on crit.
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Posts: 262Member Arc User
    dupeks said:

    cdnbison said:


    Interesting. I normally ignore ArP altogether on my AC loadout, and go heavy on crit/recovery on the companion. The only ArP is off the Loyal Avenger Rings they sport. I'll maybe do some juggling tonight and see how things shake out.

    Regarding ArPen, I think it's still helpful for ACs because it generates AP from damage and makes you a little bit less useless on mobs (still pretty useless though, especially if you are running exalt like a good support). I'd definitely cap ArPen over incremental crit on my companion.
    More crit gives you more repurpose soul procs for more immediate healing and and more burning guidance/healing warmth procs. It also makes your heals stronger put I don't but any real value in that.

    Just wanted to point that out because it's really quite close between arm pen and crit for an ac dc. Personally I'd go for crit, but either one seems fine.
  • dupeksdupeks Posts: 1,578Member Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

    dupeks said:

    cdnbison said:


    Interesting. I normally ignore ArP altogether on my AC loadout, and go heavy on crit/recovery on the companion. The only ArP is off the Loyal Avenger Rings they sport. I'll maybe do some juggling tonight and see how things shake out.

    Regarding ArPen, I think it's still helpful for ACs because it generates AP from damage and makes you a little bit less useless on mobs (still pretty useless though, especially if you are running exalt like a good support). I'd definitely cap ArPen over incremental crit on my companion.
    More crit gives you more repurpose soul procs for more immediate healing and and more burning guidance/healing warmth procs. It also makes your heals stronger put I don't but any real value in that.

    Just wanted to point that out because it's really quite close between arm pen and crit for an ac dc. Personally I'd go for crit, but either one seems fine.
    That's a fair point. And heals do crit (which generates more AP too). I personally go for ArPen but concede that it's a pretty close tossup.

    Sorry for taking this thread so far off on a tangent XD
Sign In or Register to comment.