test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: New Mounts in M14!

1235»

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    the mounts are really cool

Tha bat swarm is nice and that infrared vision for a timewas a great idea
    The Mist form was reaaaaly fun to use and will look really nice ina a CW with frost enchants
    The big duprise for me was the Broom, that mount is just awesome to ride, and being a event mount is reaaaaaaly cool,

I reaaaaaly must tank you guys for the mounts on this mod, awesome work.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Thank you for providing me mounts to test. I appreciate the work you are putting into the game.

The mist form seems good as is.

The broom starts off higher off the ground, then lowers after a few seconds of moving forward. It seems to go a little too low to the ground. I think the initial height looks good. Then it goes too low. Also, the coloration of the broom just seems nice, not evil or dirty. The particles coming out of it are green. Reminds me of Christmas or happiness. I think a sickly orange or yellowish orange color would be more witchly for the light particles. It would be a more subtle effect because it would blend in with the colors of the broom instead of being a contrasting color like the green. Also, can you make the broom handle darker and the straw look dirty or worn? It looks like a good witch broom to me, fresh from the broom factory.

The bat swarm is very cool. I have been trying to think of how to tweak it a little. I like the idea of a blood colored mist in the bat swarm. I love the bats' glowing eyes. I think the mist part of it could be a little more translucent. Have you played with making the mist part less opaque? I just think it is too thick. Keep the bats opaque and make the mist more translucent.

• iamthelastpiller#8155 iamthelastpiller Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Nice mounts and all, but can you please tell me where I can get the witches hat? The sides don't look as bad as the Hat of the Arcane Wanderer.

#letmehaveahatandhair
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I thought more about the broom. Since this is for Halloween, maybe use more black and orange colors for it. Maybe hang a jack-o-lantern from it. Or use some runes on it in the shapes of the Dia de los Muertos skeletons. Maybe use tiny jack-o-lanterns for the particle effect. Who wouldn't want to HAMSTER jack-o-lanterns when flying on their broom?
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @noworries#8859 said:
    > Given the feedback on the Bat Swarm power here and on other forums/sites. We are going to look into removing the 10% damage boost to yourself and leave all of the debuffs in place.
    >
    > We certainly want the power to be a good choice for players but not the be all end all power that everyone feels they must have.

The only people that were complaining about the powers were the people who were never going to be able to afford one and started hating on it.
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @thecourtfool#5656 @noworries#8859

Swarm mount reduce target's resistence by 10.2% insteed of 5% and seems like doesn't give any dmg buff at all.

https://youtu.be/Iq5Nm1dFZN4
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    kaudilho said:

Swarm mount reduce target's resistence by 10.2% insteed of 5% and seems like doesn't give any dmg buff at all.

If I have to guess, it's actually 10.25%, which is (1.05)^2. I don't have the mount on pre, but can you test out how it scales with buffs and debuffs? More precisely, is it actually just a flat 10.25% debuff or it has a debuff multiplier over the debuff multiplier (which makes this mount insanely good and possibly go over the softcap)?
    edited June 2018

If I have to guess, it's actually 10.25%, which is (1.05)^2. I don't have the mount on pre, but can you test out how it scales with buffs and debuffs? More precisely, is it actually just a flat 10.25% debuff or it has a debuff multiplier over the debuff multiplier (which makes this mount insanely good and possibly go over the softcap)?
    I've tried lantern(16%)+ darkfire(5%)+consumed by battle(10%) debuffs, which resulted into Applied: 31% Effective: 30.703 debuff (calculated via Janne site), then i used swarm, i've managed to get 42.3% effective debuff,something is wrong for sure.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
    edited June 2018
    kaudilho said:

theraxin said:

I've tried lantern(16%)+ darkfire(5%)+consumed by battle(10%) debuffs, which resulted into Applied: 31% Effective: 30.703 debuff (calculated via Janne site), then i used swarm, i've managed to get 42.3% effective debuff,something is wrong for sure.
    Thanks for testing out. My guess (using the same site): Applied: (31+5)% , Effective: 35.543 -> 35.543*1,05 = 42.32015.

For those who don't like math, it's has 2 layer of debuffs, one of it adds into the other debuffs, and the other multiplies all of them, making this the best debuff in preview.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

kaudilho said:

theraxin said:

Thanks for testing out. My guess (using the same site): Applied: (31+5)% , Effective: 35.543 -> 35.543*1,05 = 42.32015.

For those who don't like math, it's has 2 layer of debuffs, one of it adds into the other debuffs, and the other multiplies all of them, making this the best debuff in preview.
    So this mount is actually good? As in, good enough to make me think about replacing tenser for single target?

kaudilho said:

theraxin said:

So this mount is actually good? As in, good enough to make me think about replacing tenser for single target?
    This mount was good and still good. At the moment it just tops over the T-rex, because it grants ~8-10% effective debuff.

But vs. tenser, it depends on many factor (party composition, sum debuff, does tenser counts buffed power and if bat swarm stacks)...

However, don't expect this to go live in this form.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    kaudilho said:

I can take a look at the power. Have you tested damaging a target dummy, casting the bat swarm on another dummy, and then seeing how much your damage goes up on the dummy that doesn't have the swarm applied? The damage bonus for yourself isn't target specific

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2018

kaudilho said:

I can take a look at the power. Have you tested damaging a target dummy, casting the bat swarm on another dummy, and then seeing how much your damage goes up on the dummy that doesn't have the swarm applied? The damage bonus for yourself isn't target specific

Buffs are logged as part of the base damage, meaning the log should have shown 1010.9 * 1.05 = 1061.45 (under base damage)
    And on top of that effectiveness of 104.99% (Which is 5% debuff with diminishing return function applied) thus making it a final damage hit of 1061.45 * 1.0499 = 1114.41

Looks like the debuff is increased by 5% resulting in 1.05 * 1.05 = 1.1025 -> 10.25% Increase
    Instead the damage should be multiplied by the 1.05 of the buff and not the debuff.

In case of naked char it's close to the 10% debuff, but in group with other effects applied there is a huge difference between 10% debuff and 5% buff & 5% debuff.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

kaudilho said:

Buffs are logged as part of the base damage, meaning the log should have shown 1010.9 * 1.05 = 1061.45 (under base damage)
    And on top of that effectiveness of 104.99% (Which is 5% debuff with diminishing return function applied) thus making it a final damage hit of 1061.45 * 1.0499 = 1114.41

Looks like the debuff is increased by 5% resulting in 1.05 * 1.05 = 1.1025 -> 10.25% Increase
    Instead the damage should be multiplied by the 1.05 of the buff and not the debuff.

In case of naked char it's close to the 10% debuff, but in group with other effects applied there is a huge difference between 10% debuff and 5% buff & 5% debuff.
    I'd still prefer it to be a flat 10% buff or smth. Getting bored of my clunky AF tenser, but this isn't good enough to make me invest literally millions of AD into something that I barely ever use.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

kaudilho said:

Those type of logs are great for a lot of things. But there are also a lot of times where a simple test that removes the majority of variables is better for drilling down on an issue.

Running the two target dummy test myself allowed my to diagnose the issues going on as well as a good reproduce-able test case for making changes. There were two issues happening simultaneously, one was an issue with the self buff not working properly, and the other was the outgoing damage debuff on the target was actually further debuffing the target for incoming damage.

Should have it fixed before it goes live.
    edited June 2018

kaudilho said:

Yes, dmg doesn't change with a buff if i remember well.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel

kaudilho said:

Those type of logs are great for a lot of things. But there are also a lot of times where a simple test that removes the majority of variables is better for drilling down on an issue.

Running the two target dummy test myself allowed my to diagnose the issues going on as well as a good reproduce-able test case for making changes. There were two issues happening simultaneously, one was an issue with the self buff not working properly, and the other was the outgoing damage debuff on the target was actually further debuffing the target for incoming damage.

Should have it fixed before it goes live.
    Great news, ty!
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @kaudilho

Yes, really great news.... now that mount is really worth nothing except its look...

But on the other heand - its better to fix it now. I was about to buy it, now I will save circa 10kk of AD.

This discussion has been closed.