test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Changes to Random Queues

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

If you don't want your RAD. Don't play the random queue.

This is the problem.
    You don't do random queue but random queue people comes to your party in that particular dungeon you picked to play.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User

This is the problem.
    You don't do random queue but random queue people comes to your party in that particular dungeon you picked to play.

Oh, come on! How many people queue for a specific dungeon or skirmish on a daily basis - aside from Wizz Lair, Pom, or ToDG? Certainly no one above 7.5-8k is purposely queuing for them. I'm not talking epic - just regular leveling queue.
    edited June 2018

This is the problem.

Oh, come on! How many people queue for a specific dungeon or skirmish on a daily basis - aside from Wizz Lair, Pom, or ToDG? Certainly no one above 7.5-8k is purposely queuing for them. I'm not talking epic - just regular leveling queue.
    So, what did you try to say then?
    You said: you don't want your RAD. Don't play the random queue.
    I said: "don't play the random queue" does not help. Or, you mean to say don't do public queue at all.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    ... oh. ha ha ha
    Uh, yeah, you're screwed.
    We're all of us screwed.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

We're all of us screwed.

That's right! But it's not so bad. Everyone does whatever they want. If they don't want to do gold, afk after bronze and wait for their RAD. If they don't want to form a proper IG gold group, then risk getting afks. Both sides pay a price. No need to exchange nasty remarks.

Good thing this will all be over in two weeks with the IG move to leveling queue. Man, I love that change so much.
    As far as IG goes, just stop by the Driftwood Tavern before you queue for a Random Skirmish and load up on ales.
    If you happen to get PoM or IG, let your character get more than buzzed, and you're good.
    You won't know who's doing waht...and I mean WHAT? What's this we're that w're doing now>? Anynohow. so's all's good. Yeah?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    he is saying rq party need to be separated from normal public queue party, tried to have fun on a public FBI queue once and game matched me with rq party.
    Post edited by arcanjo86 on
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    One of the reasons for RQ was, that you can fill normal public que, as is needed, with RQ players.

There might be an increase in IL of the participating players, bc they will not feel forced, to spread their gear on 10 alts, to run RQ with all of them. This being said, willingness does not bring ability or gear. When I did RQs, I participated in MSP and FBI runs. Some of them are longer, then the ones I am used to, but successful. Some of them are a waste of time. MSP for once has a few boss mechanics and after posting them and dying anyway, I dont feel inclined, to waste a few hours until I am the only one getting the ball and chains in MSP or until the last player gets it. Keep in mind, thats only the 1st boss. While this might be a thrilling experience for a new player, entering MSP for the first time, it is an old dungeon for me. I did not like running it when it was new with a premade group and I dont like it now.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited June 2018
    asterotg said:

One of the reasons for RQ was, that you can fill normal public que, as is needed, with RQ players.

There might be an increase in IL of the participating players, bc they will not feel forced, to spread their gear on 10 alts, to run RQ with all of them. This being said, willingness does not bring ability or gear. When I did RQs, I participated in MSP and FBI runs. Some of them are longer, then the ones I am used to, but successful. Some of them are a waste of time. MSP for once has a few boss mechanics and after posting them and dying anyway, I dont feel inclined, to waste a few hours until I am the only one getting the ball and chains in MSP or until the last player gets it. Keep in mind, thats only the 1st boss. While this might be a thrilling experience for a new player, entering MSP for the first time, it is an old dungeon for me. I did not like running it when it was new with a premade group and I dont like it now.

Use RQ to fill public Q is more or less the only reason for the existence of RQ (which I have been against since it was introduced). All other reasons are pretty weak and do not need RQ to fulfill them. I listed one by one back then.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

If you want your RAD. Play the random queue...and play what you get.
    If you don't want your RAD. Don't play the random queue.

Pretty much this, yes. Personally I have pretty much given up on the random queues, both for reasons already mentioned, and because if I queue up solo, I always and up in the same content (not much "randomness" if I get sent to IG 100% of the time). The reason is of course that those queues are the main ones people queue up for manually, so people queueing up solo get sent there to fill the groups.

I will do random queues with my alliance if (and only if) we have a full, premade group....but if everybody did that, it would kind-of defeat the purpose of having the queues "pop" faster.

As I have said before, I consider the RQs to be flawed design, but one that I personally can easily avoid.
    Hoping for improvements...
    Just a thought, but -

An individual and group IL cap in each of the three lower categories would solve a lot of problems.
    For example, an IL of 18K wouldn't be allowed to queue into leveling or intermediate. And for the smarty pants that strip down to get in, they wouldn't be allowed to reequip anything that puts them over the limit.

In the advanced queue, the group max IL would be a combined total of 65K or something, meaning you wouldn't be able to cram five 18K characters into the queue in order to help bring down the unofficial lowest permissible IL that's getting so out of hand.
    If the level scaling works well, it should keep a lot of level 70s out of the leveling queue as they won't be able to run roughshod over the content for easy RAD. They will be stripped down and have to actually work for the RAD.
    edited June 2018

If the level scaling works well, it should keep a lot of level 70s out of the leveling queue as they won't be able to run roughshod over the content for easy RAD. They will be stripped down and have to actually work for the RAD.

It does not work well...

It cant really ever work well as the difference between a level 70 with 2k item level and 18k item level is very difficult to balance.
    Can you provide an example where the scaling does not work well?

Something like The Cloak Tower, level 12. With the ceiling on item level (and stats), both the 2k and 18k will have the same level 12 stats from gear. The only difference is the 18k probably has extra boons and rank 4 encounters. But that should not matter as a huge chunk of stats has already been removed by the scale down to a fixed level.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

It does not work well...

It cant really ever work well as the difference between a level 70 with 2k item level and 18k item level is very difficult to balance.
    Can you provide an example where the scaling does not work well?

Something like The Cloak Tower, level 12. With the ceiling on item level (and stats), both the 2k and 18k will have the same level 12 stats from gear. The only difference is the 18k probably has extra boons and rank 4 encounters. But that should not matter as a huge chunk of stats has already been removed by the scale down to a fixed level.
    Uh, no. This is the difference between Port Nyanzaru and The Cloak Tower on an endgame DC in Mod14:

No boosts, no bonding procs, just gear. No guild boons, so 17.6K IL becomes 15.6K.

Your 2K IL character might have 16,000 Power *before* scaling. He won't afterwards.

The issue isn't just that all my gear and enchants are scaled down to level 13 (IL 37) levels, it's also that I'm wearing *epic and legendary* IL37 gear, with every gem slot filled with IL 37 enchants, and all mythic quality IL37 artifacts.

I can still one-shot every non-boss in the dungeon with Astral Seal, and one-shot the bosses with Flame Strike. It's a significant improvement over my Mod13 experience (where my pet one-shots everything, including bosses) but it still isn't anywhere close to interesting or challenging for me. Still, it's a start, and it's much closer to being fun on the higher-level dungeons.
    Decent start, clearly more work is need. Seems the artifacts need to be capped also. And maybe drop the boons also. Toons under 70 don't have boons anyway, except maybe guild boons.
    edited June 2018
    That goes for newish 70s too - takes a while for them to collect enough boons to make a difference.
  • wyld#8417 wyld Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    There has been a lot of great discussion and suggestions being thrown around that I feel will be ignored entirely, as seems the usual case, so allow me to throw in my suggestions, so they too can be looked at, determined NOT to be as good a money haul as the company wants, and then be ignored for something everyone will grow to tolerate but never actually like.
    <font color=cyan>Suggestion/Feedback:
    1. Remove Random Queues Entirely</font>
    Rather than having random queues that still seem to be a topic of angered discussion ever since it’s implementation, let’s go to a slightly modified version of the old way. Move things into categories, levels, tiers, whatever. Give players options among those tiers instead of forcing random annoyances. The random queue system made it to where nobody had to ask in chats for groups, and that essentially nullifies the idea of an MMO, where communication is key to getting a lot of stuff done.
    While doing that, drop the class requirement from dungeons. Let groups make themselves up how they want to. Better yet, make dungeon challenges that offer a bit more reward. Have that lazy cleric in the Stronghold ask for “The Divine” to take down Valindra, for example, creating an all DC or all Pally run through Valindra’s Tower. Again, just an example. Challenge players to have an all TR run through a dungeon called “The Assassin’s Crawl” or some such nonsense and offer a reward of possible artifact, gear piece, whatever suited for whichever class the challenge is for, using that jerk of an RNG of course.
    <font color=cyan>2. Open Up/Level Up All Skirmishes</font>
    Having been a level 70+ player for a while, I miss a lot of the lower level skirmishes like the ones from Blacklake and Tower District. I also miss Aberrant Assault, a lot. I would love, LOVE, to see level 70 versions of those. More enemies, kind of on par with the difficulty of Folly or IG. I don’t expect this idea to even be pondered, so it’s more of a pipe dream than anything.
    <font color=cyan>
    3. Make a “Call for Heroes” Queue</font color>
    You want lower level players to be able to finish leveling content? Make a queue setup that essentially asks higher level players to join to lower level runs to help out. Take the kick or vote kick ability away from the higher level players in these runs, so that they don’t speed run through just to kick the person who actually needs it, and do the opposite for the lower level players. If someone joins to help, only to speed through and leave enemies behind that could kill the lower players, they should have the ability to kick the jerk who is playing elitist and find someone who is genuinely willing to help.
    This would essentially replace the “Random Leveling Dungeon.” It could still be a Stronghold quest to go and help someone who needs it and give quest completion rewards just like the quests do now; 10 shards, some XP, and a few bits of coin. Remove all loot drops for the higher level players, and reward them with some AD and RP at the end for helping out. Better yet, let this be one of the dungeon runs that could actually reward Conqueror’s Shards, since you helped in “conquering” alongside a lowbie.
    <font color=cyan>4. Some Ideas for Illusionist’s Gambit</font>
    Since we’re gonna keep the random queue… who am I fooling? The above suggestions probably just got laughed at… Keep each tier’s rewards as they are. Rather than force players to stay who vote to leave after Bronze or Silver, instead, let them bow out with the base rewards one would get for completing a random, but replace them with players who are in the queue. Those players then get the rewards as though they had completed the tier they came in after. If it’s Bronze they are following, and they leave after Silver, they get the Silver rewards plus random completion. If they are pulled in at Gold, then they get that plus random completion. This could make the constant runs of IG more appealing, having that chance of coming in for the last stage or not being forced to stick it out if you realize you are carrying to rest of the crew, and they are only staying because they want to finish it by being carried.

There.
    That’s all I got.
    edited August 2018
    - Erased -
    Post edited by wyld#8417 on
    edited August 2018
    - Erased -
    Post edited by wyld#8417 on
  • bubber69bubber69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The admins basicly point the middle finger at every charachter who just reached lvl 70 and thereby only being able to redeem 8000 AD from daily. I like how they write it as if it was a good and positive thing, where the amount of AD are put up, which they arent if you look at the bigger picture. The dailys are stretched to per account, which means again fewer AD per day.

The people behind the game know that an update to a game, should make people excited and lure more people into the game right??? Or is it just me that thinks like that???

In any case, if your new to the game or just reached lvl 70 with an item lvl of 4,5k, remember to pay a lot of money for zen, so that your are able to get your item lvl up, because AD isn't the answer anymore.

#TryingToBecomeNotpay2winButFailed
    Do the opening quest to Ravenloft, Bubber.

Not only will you promptly get enough gear to rocket your IL up and handle almost anything, but adventuring in Barovia is hella profitable and salvage drops like rain there.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    wyld#8417 said:

So... I'm gathering my input is not wanted. I've attempted posting a few times now, only to see my comment vanish when I refresh.

If you edit your post, sometimes it will disappear until the mods flag your account as OK, than that shouldn't happen anymore. If that was happening to you, your posts should re-appear.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    wyld#8417 said:

So... I'm gathering my input is not wanted. I've attempted posting a few times now, only to see my comment vanish when I refresh.

Apologies, your comments had been eaten by the spam queue. They have been restored.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

I have tried the advanced queue a few times now and have got fbi and msp. Dont think anyone is actually going to run these with the low item level people that get them.

It is just waiting for someone to quit so you dont get the penalty now which is, as anticipated, a total waste of time.

FBI and MSP are the most likely options in the Advanced queue, and also the second-easiest (Master Demogorgon is easier).

If you think FBI is hard and don't want to do it with 13K strangers, you should queue for Intermediate, not Advanced. Intermediate caps out at Castle Never.

I have tried the advanced queue a few times now and have got fbi and msp. Dont think anyone is actually going to run these with the low item level people that get them.

It is just waiting for someone to quit so you dont get the penalty now which is, as anticipated, a total waste of time.

In old epic random queue, every one that got in has unlocked FBI/mSP on at least one toon. New advanced random queue, anyone who does the mod 14 intro (pretty much any 70 with some entry-level gear) will be able to get in. No need to unlock. In the weeks leading to mod 14, I've seen a number of 11-13K DPS get out-dps by sub-10K players. So I have little confidence in even 12K players. If I get FBI/mSP in advance queue and there is a single person under 13K, I am out of there. Pretty much the only reason I queue for advance now is hoping to get eDemo.
    I won't do SVA also because if the group can't finish it, there is always some fool who will vote to abandon after 15 minutes, and even more fools who will vote yes. Then I won't even get the RQ RAD for my 15 minutes in there.
This discussion has been closed.