test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Ravenloft Rewards

Comments

• ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    The yester Hill herioc encounter is broken. Boss doesn't spawn in the middle. I personally haven't seen the boss spawn once, others say it is very rare.
    The rewards for just everything in the new expansion are aids. The new dungeon gives you HAMSTER rewards. The hunts have a very high chance of giving you HAMSTER rewards. Especially with the dungeon that has the audacity to give you HAMSTER rewards for a different class as well.
    - Review of loot tables and drop rates is needed ASAP.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

rjc9000 said:

Could anyone on the dev team tell us the precise effect of the Groot pet?

Does the pet simply give you Combat Advantage wherever you are?

Does the pet multiply the basic CA bonus (so instead of 15% extra damage off CA, you gain 30%, not factoring CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

Or does it simply double the entire CA damage category (including the stat/CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

It wasn't intended to be quite that high. But it adds to the combat advantage stat. When we update the number it should add 25% damage to combat advantage. Meaning if you were at +50% combat advantage damage, it would bring it to +75%. If you were at +100% it would bring it to +125%.
    THE Combat advantage stat has diminishing return at 1500 is 9.3%.
    SO if we talk about the stat you mean in my example 9.3 % +25 %?=34.3%?
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    The Vampire Hunting Kit is a very interesting item, and I have to say I really like the concept of it. I think it's great that we effetively have an item which gives us extra consumable slots and on that front I think it's quite well implemented, I'm also really pleased that it lives in the useful items tab rather than taking up bag space.

That said there are a number of issues with the usability of it that really bug me. For starters it took me quite a while to even find where I could buy the consumables to go in it, and once I did I was very disappointed to discover they are single use only, and then I have to go through the process of trying to find the merchant all over again to restock.

I understand you probably want to limit the usage of them as they seem quite strong, but I do think the current setup of having a mysterious wandering merchant appear seemingly at random in obscure parts of the zone is quite unhelpful and really discourages me from using the items at all. I'd be more inclined to use one of them when I think I need it if I know I can reliably replace it soon after, but with the current system I can spend an hour running around visiting the places where I know the merchant can appear - with no luck. Only to find it at random later when I've given up.

Overall I think I'd like the kit a lot better if there wasa more reliable way of refilling it, like a merchant in town, or the campaign store, and honestly it'd be nice if we could carry more than one charge of its powers.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    So from my short time playing the new mod I've decided that though I really enjoyed it, way more then SKT and chult, the rewards are pretty worthless. So im guessing a lot people will just end up going there to get the seals of the brave so that they can finally get chult gear that they couldn't get because they couldn't complete the chult dungeons.... ironically.
  • inebrietyinebriety Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    The knotted garbs chest piece from hunts is a little bugged. The tooltip says +1500 power daytime in Barovia, +1500 def night, 500 everywhere else.

What's actually happening is that it's +500 power "everywhere else," +1500 power nighttime in Barovia, +1500 def daytime in Barovia, and +2000 power in Castle Ravenloft only for some reason. Maybe CR is everywhere and Barovia nighttime both?

Other dungeons like tong are correctly +500.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Not sure in which topic to post this, but please, pretty please update the Glorious lockbox Epic and Legendary rewards.

At least add the Tyrannosaur to the Legendary and the Epic mount pack, and also maybe update the Artifact with Orcus shard and more?
    Some new companions in the Epic Companion pack wouldn't hurt either, there are plenty to choose from in Chult and Omu...
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Hello. Two things from me,

1) I have a fervent request to speed up the animation of the Sacred Weapon in the new module (Oathbound Paladin feat).
    At the moment, this skill is done too long and is often interrupted.

2) Fix for Energon companion please:
    The bonus HP the Energon companion provides changes when you change instances and when
    you enter combat. Making Idle and then making Active again changes the amount of HP it provides. Additionally,
    making it Idle, selecting the HP SH boon, making it Active then deselecting the HP SH boon creates some bugged
    HP changes.

Thanks
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    As an additional note: to coincide with the introduction of a new endgame seal the Seal of the Crown, as we did with the introduction of the Seal of the Brave, we will be phasing out the oldest active endgame seal,
    rjc9000 said:

Thanks to Duck and Mari, I was able to get a UP Prominence enchant to play around with.

Please make the enchantment's effect more visible.

Something like a Brilliant Energy visual, rather than the volcanic weapon-esque visual. The enchantment effects are too dull and muted, I actually thought there was no visual when I first saw it.

The damage effect is pretty nice. 70% of weapon damage procs actually places as the most damaging proc based enchantment, and on GWF, it's rather decent. But, the classic "procs suck on most classes" problem rears its head, so I can only see GWFs using this enchantment in a odd circumstance.

The Absolution-esque shield is rather unnoticeable, only yielding around 30,000-40,000 for most players. I can see why it's so low, as you guys didn't want to give everyone a free Templar's Wrath.

Overall, a decently strong enchantment that does its purpose. However, it doesn't solve the disparity of the proc based enchantments versus Feytouched/Vorpal/Dread.

Bugs: Prominence Enchantment

The tooltip does not actively scale with your buffs and debuffs, unlike every other proc enchantment in the game.
    The Prominence pulsing effect is actually 63% of weapon damage at base, rather than 70% as written in the tooltip.

Thanks for the feedback, we're still making final adjustments on the numbers for the enchantments, but in regards to the 63%-70% discrepancy, this is an issue we noticed just before the build went to preview, unfortunately the rank 12 and rank 13 values are flipped. This should be fixed in the next preview build.

Good news! So indirectly from or unrelated to hunts you can get somewhat good items. The bad news is that they are not listed anywhere and I only stumbled in them randomly dropping from mobs or when found out, from "salvage packs".

Some good example to catch your interest, but still didn't had the time to farm out that insane amount of barovian coins to try and get like 100 tries for all the possible 510 gear, so only 490 ones:

And those "Donjon" and stuff have in all type of gear possibly, I've seen the armlet with full power from my guildie and remembering a feet with full movement (which is obviously garbage for PvE, but noting out).

In Ravenloft we wanted to reintroduce the possibility of actually getting exciting and worthwhile drops from just slaying monsters out and about. Obviously those drops will be few and far between, but every encounter at least has a chance of dropping something interesting. That being said, a number of tarokka cards when wagered during a hunt guarantee a drop from this pool of gear, either at a range or at a specific item level.

• geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    It's possible to put the New Equipment like Tempters or Horseman in the collection please.. Its very important to know what can drop for the a class. Please put it in the collection. Thx
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    geno82 said:

It's possible to put the New Equipment like Tempters or Horseman in the collection please.. Its very important to know what can drop for the a class. Please put it in the collection. Thx

We are currently not planning to include this equipment in collections. We would like to limit collections to very specific sets of equipment and rare sets of individual items that come from specific locations.

This is for two reasons: first, we don't believe it's reasonable to create a goal for those that enjoy completing collections to obtain every single drop from a list of rewards this broad; second, a need to include it in collections is actually quite prohibitive to developing and being flexible with a huge swathe of loot. This is because collections need to be manually updated whenever an item is moved around or when items are removed or added from a loot table during development and as future modules adjust how the loot is obtained.

With that being said, please continue to give feedback about what you do or do not want to see in collections.
  • geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    That's Not good... I think many Player would to know what the bonus stat is from the Equipment or what the Max stat is like wraps... Wraps a an very good drop for powershare.. And the ne gauntlets same... So give us this Information please... Maybe on a extra drop list in the journal
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

geno82 said:

We are currently not planning to include this equipment in collections. We would like to limit collections to very specific sets of equipment and rare sets of individual items that come from specific locations.

This is for two reasons: first, we don't believe it's reasonable to create a goal for those that enjoy completing collections to obtain every single drop from a list of rewards this broad; second, a need to include it in collections is actually quite prohibitive to developing and being flexible with a huge swathe of loot. This is because collections need to be manually updated whenever an item is moved around or when items are removed or added from a loot table during development and as future modules adjust how the loot is obtained.

With that being said, please continue to give feedback about what you do or do not want to see in collections.
    For the stuff like Tempter's/Donjon cap that are CW only (assuming there are other hidden items that are class specific), could something be done similar to Deepknight's Brigandine or Psion's Shroud in Underdark collection? Deepknight's only appears in collections for OP, GF, GWF, and Psion's only appears for the other classes (yet both can drop for any class)
    Only show stuff in collections that the class can use. This would enable people to see all the options available to their class, and remove the clutter of hidden drops that wouldn't be useable by them.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Not sure whether this is a bug or not, so for now I'll leave it in Cyan.

This is with regards to the new Weapon Enchantment, Unparalleled Prominence Enchantment.

This is a GWF, 17,2k running eLoL with that enchantment equipped. Have a look at some images of the other enchantments and how much percentage of my overall damage they deal:

The large purple slice of the pie chart shows damage, as a percentage of all the damage dealt, that was done by Sure Strike. Observe how it changes from enchantment to enchantment.#

Feytouched

Feytouched_Repeat_2

Holy Avenger

Holy_Avenger_Repeat

Lightning

Lightning_Baseline

Terror

Terror_Baseline

Vorpal

Vorpal_Repeat

Now here is the new enchantment.
    Compare and contrast as you please, but bear in mind all the images above are taken from a 60 second rotation on the target dummy pre-release of NW:100...a1. Those are from a2. Dunno what the patch notes are (!!!) so I couldn't say for sure weather or not the results have been affected by the update.

Prominense

@balanced#2849: Is this supposed to be the strength of this enchantment? In the most recent update to preview were any changes made that might explain these results?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    For female characters the Vistani Wristguards do not connect up to the Vistani Longcoat making for a very strange appearance even if you use the appearance for the Vistani Shirt.

Please make some more female clothing that has full coverage at the waist (no odd gaps, or front/back that is higher than the other side) like the Fured Kuino of the Bear - just more civilised looking.

Frankly it would be a lot better if the Vistani gear you got actually looked like the stuff the various Vistani you meet are wearing, rather than something else entirely - especially as it doesn't matter what type of armor your character wears the granted gear has the same appearance.

The Vistani shield for OP is huge, it could stand to be about 75% of its current size.

I really like the Barovian armor set for the OP, the same set for the female SW doesn't impress so much, it feels too much like the male version which doesn't seem appropriate for Barovia.

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    So, uh, every single character who starts Ravenloft gets a full set of gear with R8 enchants and an Omu-tier artifact weapon?

Can fresh level 70 characters do the quest to start Ravenloft immediately?

(To be clear: I'm not complaining! I'm totally fine with catchup gear and stuff being easy to get. I've been giving away wootz/teak weapon sets for MONTHS to get fresh 70s into the current tier. I just want to be sure that this is intended and is going to go live like this.)

Once you turn a full Tarokka deck into the Tarokka artifact, can you get another deck? Or does the artifact still work as the deck did?
  • merodesmerodes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    the stats for GWF sun weapons decrease when being upgraded from purple to legendary
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

So, uh, every single character who starts Ravenloft gets a full set of gear with R8 enchants and an Omu-tier artifact weapon?

(To be clear: I'm not complaining! I'm totally fine with catchup gear and stuff being easy to get. I've been giving away wootz/teak weapon sets for MONTHS to get fresh 70s into the current tier. I just want to be sure that this is intended and is going to go live like this.)

Once you turn a full Tarokka deck into the Tarokka artifact, can you get another deck? Or does the artifact still work as the deck did?

I ran through the opener on multiple characters. Every time I ran through it I received all the gear. But only the first time did I get rank 8 enchants. After the first time, they were all rank 6 enchants. I tried it on a lower iLevel (lowest I have is 8875) level 70 character I had and they easily made it to Barovia. You can run through all the wolves leading from the Vistani wagons to the zone. Looks to be an easy way to outfit your alts.
    adinosii said:

I apologize for the length of the feedback below, but I have been thinking a bit and here are my conclusions.

The TL;DR is basically "Mod 14 has a gear progression issue".

For many characters (say, the majority of those with IL of 16K+), the game holds no real challenges. Once you are at that level, you may no longer need to get better gear for the purpose of getting stronger - in fact, many people will chase better gear just for the purpose of getting better gear - chasing that elusive "BiS" status.

In fact, this is a significant motivation for many people - once you hit 70, you get your "starter" gear and work your way up to "end-game" gear. Sure, you have to work on your campaign boons and such as well, but the gear is what people primarily see.

If I look at someone and see "starter" gear, then I assume the person is a fairly new 70, and may not have much experience playing his/her class. If I see absolute BiS gear, then I assume significant expertise - there is no guarantee the player is good, but there is a decent chance he/she knows a lot more than someone who just hit 70.

Now, while people may not need BiS gear to play the game, it does serve the purpose of a status symbol, and a way to advertise your "supposed" qualifications - you know, just like the tail of a peacock.

Not so long ago, the "starter gear" included things like the Elemental Fire weapons. People would progress to something better, like the Drowned, Twisted and RD weapons - and this was just fine - there was a clear progression and a clear sense of accomplishment as you improved your gear.

Then you got the Chultan weapons (Wootz etc) weapons as the de-facto starter weapons (maybe with Legion armor pieces) - most new 70s would get them right away and work their way towards something better.

For many classes/builds, the Primal gear is the current top gear - if you have Primal, you are basically demonstrating your ability to run ToNG successfully - if you have Exalted/Vivified pieces, you are demonstrating your ability to run CoDG. (Of course, Primal is not ideal for all classes, but Masterwork pieces serve a similar purpose).

The important thing is that while nobody really needs the BiS gear, you get a sense of accomplishment working your way from the "starter" gear to the "BiS" gear.

This is where Mod 14 has a real issue. By making the Seals of the Brave drop from "easier" content, you are in effect making the Primal gear the de-facto starting gear.

This would be fine if there was a clear progression path from that point, but there is not. For many classes/builds you cannot buy anything worthwhile with the new seals, and the new drops are not a significant improvement over what people may have.

My point is that by not offering any gear progression you really reduce the motivation of many players - you devalue the current top-tier gear, and do not offer anything instead.

To be fair, I must note that Mod 14 brings a few pieces that are BiS for certain classes/builds, but in general that's not the case...and the Ravenloft Seal shop is particularly disappointing.

I'm fairly certain some of these changes are due to a raise in level-cap coming soon™ , and that would bring new gear to the table...
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    onodrain said:

lowjohn said:

I ran through the opener on multiple characters. Every time I ran through it I received all the gear. But only the first time did I get rank 8 enchants. After the first time, they were all rank 6 enchants. I tried it on a lower iLevel (lowest I have is 8875) level 70 character I had and they easily made it to Barovia. You can run through all the wolves leading from the Vistani wagons to the zone. Looks to be an easy way to outfit your alts.
    Good to know it's not an infinite source of R8s, but my point about the gear stands. And that's *awesome*: Run into a fresh 70 who's wondering what to do next? Point them at Ravenloft, help them through the opening mission if they need the help, and boom, they suddenly have all the gear they'll need to do *anything* from the first 12 mods of the game, in whatever order makes them happiest.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    BUG: the Vistani shirt and the pants have their stats and slots swapped.

• eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @asterdahl said:
    > It's possible to put the New Equipment like Tempters or Horseman in the collection please.. Its very important to know what can drop for the a class. Please put it in the collection. Thx
    >
    > We are currently not planning to include this equipment in collections. We would like to limit collections to very specific sets of equipment and rare sets of individual items that come from specific locations.
    >
    > This is for two reasons: first, we don't believe it's reasonable to create a goal for those that enjoy completing collections to obtain every single drop from a list of rewards this broad; second, a need to include it in collections is actually quite prohibitive to developing and being flexible with a huge swathe of loot. This is because collections need to be manually updated whenever an item is moved around or when items are removed or added from a loot table during development and as future modules adjust how the loot is obtained.
    >
    > With that being said, please continue to give feedback about what you do or do not want to see in collections.

If thats the case, maybe have an npc show the gear that u could obtain. Just for traansmute purposes i would love to be able to see the gear before i decide to farm it.
    edited May 2018

I actually think it's better this way, it gives more options to choose from if you want more offense- or defense-slots on your character...

I actually think it's better this way, it gives more options to choose from if you want more offense- or defense-slots on your character...
    While I like the idea, in this case, there's no real choice. The pant just overvalues any other pant statwise and the game highly favors being class-cannon anyway. And according to how easy to get it and how much IL it has, it shouldn't be BiS.
    edited May 2018
    So I thought a lot about the rewards, and an additional note here:

0, Hunt rewards: I now think they are okay. Hunting is easy and cheap, so the around salvage prize is kind of what you should expect, just was a real difference from previous hunts.

1, The gear progression in an awkward spot now, everyone who cares enough can see how disappointing this mod gears are. But it's not the recent stuffs fault and next mods are likely to disappoint as well.

Because some omuan gear bonuses are just way too powerful (as like the primal armlets). You cannot expect them to rotate out by the time going, like Relic armor. They are not eroding in usage, and most of them will actually get better with the time going. For full meele classes the meele armor (Fured armor of the Kiuno?) is likely to remain BiS for years(!) if a more ridicoulus bonus does not get introduced (and that would start an uncanny power spiral).

So, I hate to say, but some nerf or a new approach should take place. And because no one likes nerfs, a new (but actually old) idea:

2, Reintroduce sets! Before hunts and refine redo, the amount of space to playtoy with stats were highly limited, so people just cherry-picked the best stats from the individual pieces instead of using them together. And their bonus was pretty content specific, which made regearing clunky and time- and spaceconsuming. But now it can make sense again, because a powerful armor set bonus requires you to at least 3 piece, which can ditch out some individually better item.

For example, you have the encounter armlet and the Enduring boots, so you would likely never change them, because your build utilizes it to the max. 6%, your other 2 gear items are just for stats. A new set appear that gives you 5% buff in the new mods map and dung if you have 3 pieces, 3% buff everywhere else and because its new, it has more stats. In the end, you better to discard at least 1 of the old, but individually more powerful item, because you will get marginally more out of it. And because the marginal stat increase will appear in every mod, the new set always will be tempting, while there will be space for hunt items as well.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    apocalypse set bonus should stack up to 10 else Demo still is better
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    My 2 cents - actually its hard to find any usefull piece of equipment in whole Barovia. Did I mentioned that a new dungeon set for a GF look like HAMSTER already? So honestly - for the first time I am not looking for a new MOD at all. Sure I will do a new campaign, will do some hunts for fun with a friends, will complete new dungeon once, and I am gona take a vacation from this game. Was going to buy a legendary bat mount, but since its changed its pointles to spend tons of AD just for a nice skin.

So yeah... Barovia... looks like some backwater gods almighty HAMSTER mess, and offers same kind of rewards. No wonder that no1 ever removed that old evil form this land - its not worth the effort :D

And dear @devs - all you had to do to make that MOD playable was simply put as hunts rewards a long expected comapnion gear. Let it be just 5% better than IG items, with stats/types distributed to mach long gone loyal items. You could name it "Mindless servant" set :dizzy: And tons of us would be busy for weeks if not months to get those.
    But no, you choose to add tons of new, but crappy equipment no1 would use, good looking but worthless mounts and rAD refine nerf. All we have to do now is just to wait for a full patch notes to see our classes nerfed to the oblivion just becouse they perform to good in PVP, like there would be any PVP in this game... yeah time to take a break.

OR all that easy to get primal gear, that free, still quite decent set given in Barovia, and not good at all equipment in whole MOD 14 are just either gap fillers for new players/slowdowns for old ones just before new level cap will arrive. That seems to be only resonable explanation for such massive slow down in toons developmnet.

And one more thing, a question that is - if a new dungeon can drop UES? or like on description - those are only from Chult? I am OK with any way, but if those wont drop in a new dungeon it would be final proof that whole this MOD is in general a stageing area before something big hits this game
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    And I am of a different thought. I think the dungeon (Barovian) GF armor is probably the best looking GF armor that has been released in awhile, especially the helm. Honestly the only GF helm that I even like up to this point is the one from the Protector's Speech. Now granted my GFs are Tiefling and Dragonborn, so that does effect how GF helms look with the horns and all. Now yes, I am not that fond of the DC armor from the dungeon, but it is still much better than the look of the Huntsman set.

rjc9000 said:

Could anyone on the dev team tell us the precise effect of the Groot pet?

Does the pet simply give you Combat Advantage wherever you are?

Does the pet multiply the basic CA bonus (so instead of 15% extra damage off CA, you gain 30%, not factoring CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

Or does it simply double the entire CA damage category (including the stat/CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

It wasn't intended to be quite that high. But it adds to the combat advantage stat. When we update the number it should add 25% damage to combat advantage. Meaning if you were at +50% combat advantage damage, it would bring it to +75%. If you were at +100% it would bring it to +125%.

BUG: The Razorwood companion's CA bonus are off with 2 decimal places.
This discussion has been closed.