test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch 72MB?

martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
I just ran the launcher and updated a 72 MB patch. Any news or explanation, to this ninja patch of which there is no patch note?

Comments

• Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Mine and an alliance friend's was 75MB

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Mine was 79MB (it's growing?). Really, what is happening and why?
    @kreatyve @nitocris83 either of you know anything?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    It is a secret patch it will help us later...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't have any info at the moment as I just woke up, but I'll try to get some info in a few hours when people in California wake up.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks, no build for PC was scheduled to go live so there should be no public-facing content updates as far as I'm aware. I'll check with @terramak to see what could be the cause for the patch.
  • Options
    kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Had a small update as well, also had more disconnects since then than in the last month put together. Maybe just coincidence of course.
  • Options
    malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Had this too (Think it was 72MB). Didn't think too much about it but if it's a big mystery, I may as well chime in as well.
  • Options
    kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Is it just me but ever since this mini update took place yesterday I've been getting so many disconnects that it has effectively become unplayable. Been playing for close to a year and I think I've had more disconnects in the past 18 hours than ever since I started playing. UK based by the way.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    ... same here, 75MB update.
    Noticed no changes in game, but it would be nice to get some patchnotes about this.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    umm yeah had same problem any idea what they ninja nerfed / patched ? or is this just misleading patch of some sort ?
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Any update on this tiny mystery?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Still nothing? @nitocris83 ? Because *something* definitely went live....
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks, as stated previously, there was no patch to the game content itself. It was a back-end/client update with no player-facing impact other than the download.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Well, that is good to know, thank you.
    And perhaps next time some patchnotes could be released, when a similar update has to be done, please?

It's a bit unsettling to have a game patch something without really knowing what is going on...
    One can't be too carefull these days.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

Hey folks, as stated previously, there was no patch to the game content itself. It was a back-end/client update with no player-facing impact other than the download.

I am thinking could be wrong but didnt we make a change from the 32-bit to the 64-bit version of windows not that long ago ? It seems to me that we did and that time frame seems to match this change in use seeing the patch for the back end changes that are being made . The answer you gave is a good one and one you might want to post and keep at the top of the forum for the Mods to point people toward in the future for any update people might see that doesnt need a patchnote for being it is what you just said. Thanks