test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knox Recruitment Order bugs

genaricgenaric Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I noticed that when creating a new character with Knox's Recruitment Order, that the stats were all wonky. Like all of the stats when rolling my character were above 20, so I just went with it. When I started the game, all of my stats were definitely not optimal (especially the primary and secondary stats). Is there a way to fix this without using a race reroll token?

Separately, there is also a bug with the "Obtain a Companion" special quest.

Comments

• genaricgenaric Member Posts: 2 Arc User

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for letting us know! I know there was an issue with this previously but I believed it was resolved. I'll circle back with the team!
  • thuktar#8707 thuktar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the exact same problem. Super frustrating after spending so much Zen.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2018

I have the exact same problem. Super frustrating after spending so much Zen.

It's not possible to have all (or any) of the starting stats above 20. 20 is the max any stat can be and that is limited to the primary in the initial roll. If he means after adding the 22, that also is impossible. So, if it is displaying more than one stat at or over 20 during the roll, that is an issue. But, I haven't actually seen any proof of that posted anywhere.

Depending on roll/class etc you can only start with a total of 72-77 points with a low score of 8 and a max of 18. For most classes you add 2 to 2 stats (76-81) to this (cleric only 2 to one stat). To this you would add 22 from leveling giving a total of 98-103. That is the Max you can assign. Any points above that would come from campfire buff (6)/potions (3 or 6) or perhaps something else I'm overlooking. 115 max with buff and elixir

The example above shows a total of 108, indicating that he was likely under the effect of a campfire buff and his real stats are

It would take a maximum pool of 120 points just to make all stats just 20, much less over 20 and that just isn't possible even with buff and potions.

So, I doubt your issue is the same as was posted. If you want to give details we can take a look and try to help or maybe at least explain.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    ... ignore. posting error.