test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not enough Profession Resource space!

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
We have bag space for 240 Profession resources.

Guess what. It's not enough. All the new Profession items added with Masterwork IV mean that the max should be increased to 300 or so.

Here is what my current bag looks like:

I have 4 free spaces, but that's just because I did a bit of cleaning and sold off a few items. Those 4 items will get filled again in the next few days, and then I will have problems.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• Options
    bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I second that.

In the meantime, assuming you have at least 1 Alt, maybe you want to transfer a few items to him. I had leftover stuff from the last summer festival too. The watermelons and tomatoes ect. I transfered the bags of jewelry to an alt too. I transfered the leadership resources too. Siege engines, the wands of detect whatever, scrolls of dragon protection. Plus the black Ice ressources and everything from the Cloaked Acsendency. I am not sure, whether you still need the SKT stuff, but this should give you a dozen or two more of storage space.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    If I read his inventory pattern right, he is doing leadership. He is not going to move the wands of detect whatever, scrolls of dragon protection. I also assume he already did the moving (he said he did a bit of cleaning) because I do not notice any duplication. Moving is pain of the back end because you can only do that through mail.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Well, i would be very interestet in knowing how you can read an inventory pattern.

Is he doing summer event stuff too atm? He has a lot of stuff from it still in the inventory. Plus two from the winter festival.

And i know that moving is a pain, i did it myself recently. I just wantet to be helpful.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Well, i would be very interestet in knowing how you can read an inventory pattern.

Is he doing summer event stuff too atm? He has a lot of stuff from it still in the inventory. Plus two from the winter festival.

And i know that moving is a pain, i did it myself recently. I just wantet to be helpful.

He has certain items that are unusually high (and some are unusually low) if he is not doing leadership.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    It happens each time. Every single time there are dozens of new resources added, but the bag size is not increased, then after multiple posts and too much time, it's increased, and next time, repeated, resources added, bag size is not increased, and we still don't have enough room.
    Especially with MW that add enormous resource chains and the chult stuff with the additional items.

Not as acute, but the tools/people bag can also be increased.

About the event resources, and moving, yes, that what we all end-up doing to some extent, but as long as there is no viable option to sort the items per event, per profession, or tags or anything useful, and without the ability to add comments to alts, it's not really working.
    It becomes bag maintenance simulator, finding that alt with the needed resources at the right time.
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I has idea!

Account-wide unlimited resource repository where all characters on an account simply have access to all crafting resources on that account at all times. Could even attach it to VIP, would end up with happy crafters and increased Zen sales potential: Everybody wins!

Obviously a system like this would require a robust and easy to use sorting system to find the stuff in your massive crafting bag. A series of tabs would work, one tab for each profession with subtabs to view either resources, tools, or people. Attach to that a quality selector and a search function and boom! You're done.

Of course Neverwinter has a rather poor history of making easy to navigate or easy to sort inventory or menu systems. Look at the Auction House, the code for that must be straight out of 1996. I'm confident the UI and System dev's working at Cryptic are more than capable of drastically improving our inventories or the auction house and many other aspects of the User Interface and its systems. I'm also rather sure that management would love to be able to allocate resources to improving these systems. The unfortunate truth is that they have a list of things to accomplish and not nearly enough resources to support the game to the extent that the game, the devs, and the players deserve. That's my two-hundredths of a rupel.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I hit the 240-limit during 2xResources and the 2xGM event. I ended up using the mailbox for storage - had to send myself 15 stacks of items just to make room for Masterwork-related stuff.

Sure, I could make space just by selling assorted items I don't need, but this is more of a matter of principle. When the add new resources, they should also expand the space for holding them....in particular as we cannot just buy additional space (as we do in the Fashion tab).
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring this up again with the team, especially with the direct impact of the double events. Those details/context are really helpful!
  • Options
    friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    The lack of space makes it hard work with masterworking too. I end up putting resources in the mail to give me a bit of sorting space.
This discussion has been closed.