test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Careful Atack (Hunter Ranger's at-will/ Pathfinder)

kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
Since the beginning of the mod Careful Atack (Hunter Ranger's at-will/ Pathfinder, further CA) doesn't activate from any source of damage which not come from Hunter Ranger itself. Companion doesn't activate CA, tested also with friend who is Devoted Cleric in 20 seconds window CA worked 2 times only.

Test with companion in starts at 2:51(previous part is to show that test is accurate enough).
(thanks to Colenzo and HugiBugi for finding this) .
Although i realize this is not gamebreaking bug, look into this please as CA is the mostly the only think to go Pathfinder in a first place.

https://youtu.be/3QcBwJBBPBw
Harding Grim
Guild:
Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
Drider Server- TheWolves
youtube channel

Comments

• zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I thought it was acting weird. This explains it.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I noticed the big drop in damage done by careful attack but at first I attributed i to the changes made to the way powers trigger weapon enchantments.

After some quick testing (find a player hitting a dummy and use careful attack on the dummy) it seems that careful attack only procs from encounters (maybe daily actions too) and only once per encounter use.

That's a big nerf. Can we have it made to work with blade hurricane / flurry as a compensation please?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Yes, this kills pathfinder as a paragon path completely, there is no way in which ambush and slashers mark alone compete with stormwarden's throw caution and split the sky/clear the ground even if slashers is better than cold steel hurricane in pve.

Basically the whole "alert your comrades to your enemy's weak points so their attacks do extra damage" idea went out the window. Please revert this power back to the way it was.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Devs have eyes on this, just repeated report here so when they'll have time to fix it would be easier to find.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
    Nice, very good news.
    No fix in this week's patch. I has a sad.
  • fitzpat#4208 fitzpat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Any updates or confirmation from the devs that they're working on this?
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > I've escalated this issue. Thanks for the video!

It’s been a week, any updates on this?
    This has been broken since Mod 13 launched and we've had a few patches since it was escalated. Any updates on a fix? If not, could the changes made to CA in mod 13 just be undone until it works properly?
  • joqueras84#8733 joqueras84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Any news? devs?this is an big problem for hr's, why don't you fix it faster?
    @nitocris83 Any updates? Has there been an interal fix? It could just be reset to how it worked before mod 13 broke it...this is very important to most trapper HRs
    Another patch without a fix. Can this just be reverted to when it worked? This is going to narrow the HR playstyle choices the longer it stays broken...
    Yeah, I'd appreciate some kind of feedback too, pathfinder is dead atm., everyone is a stormwarden.
  • mad#7398 mad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    still no fix in patch notes... hurts but I see myself forced to switch my build to stormwarden too :( please please dont let pathfinder die like that!
    Hoping for a fix this week! Please fix pathfinder!
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I have made a clip and posted in the xbox section of the forum, http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/49756972 to show Careful Attack just is not proccing like it should. I have the combat log open the whole time.

You can see it making the noise to show its ticking but it is doing no damage... at points there is longer than a 1.5 second cooldown even if I strike with Rapid Shot.

Various things make it tick but no damage is being produced.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Looking forward to mod14, but could this be fixed before then please?
    @nitocris83 this was “escalated” over a month ago and we have heard nothing since.
  • zee#8640 zee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    btw did anyone test it on preview with mod 14? all the same there?
  • thokoman90#1850 thokoman90 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I rather had a problem with the two ranged powers cordon of arrows and rain of arrows ranged
    Next mod is out tomorrow, could you please prioritize fixing this so pathfinder is viable again?
    So is this at least acknowledged as a bug or is it a new “feature” we will have to live with?
    It can't be that hard to fix, it's not like it was bugged forever, it was working fine a couple of mods ago.

Please escalate this, HRs have a bad enough time as it is right now, without the continuing loss of one of our major single target dps sources.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Come on guys. This is bugged 5 months already and ruins HRs main single target damage source.

Another patch without fix to this.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Bumping since it's still live and killing single target damage. It also serverely damages trapper path.

@nitocris83 @kreatyve @terramak @noworries#8859 @mimicking#6533