test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UPDATE - [PC] Patching issues 3/15

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2018 in News & Announcements
Update 1:52pm PT
Due to this morning's issues with patching, we will need to perform an additional maintenance tomorrow, March 16, starting at 7am until 9am PT. This maintenance will apply the patch reflected in the Patch Notes: Version: NW.95.20180212a.8.

We are aware of the issue with PC players not receiving the .8 patch after today's maintenance. We are in the process of looking into this matter and follow up steps. We will provide additional updates when available.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 any updates so far?
  • vincens1969vincens1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is taking the HAMSTER, I've had to deal with the Rubbish pilgrim set locking my in combat since release and now you get a fix you screw up releasing a patch for PC Players. I wonder why i play at times. Do you guys not Test things before release i mean come on bug after bug stop rushing release dates iron out all the bugs first then release i don't care if it takes ages i just want a game i enjoy without all the bugs because it was rushed to release
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    why i'm not suprised i guess lol 2 maint in a week to get a patch done either way will the patch notes be updated or just the same patch notes ?
  • blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    aerthyn said:

I think its a bit unfair to take the devs to task because a patch didn't apply successfully. Unfortunately this is one of those things that can happen when patching and it doesn't matter how much you test in Dev or pre-production environments (or how identical these environment are or are supposed to be) sometime a patch fails to apply and the best thing to do is roll-back and try again.

Fixing bugs is not an instant thing and not only does it take time to investigate and develop the fix so does testing. While we all want bug free software sometimes it is not until it hits a live environment that issues may surface. It is possible to miss some testing scenarios - even in beta testing with players - as its only when it hits live that there is the true volume of players/users, so things can slip through especially in a codebase as complex as NW which will have a significant amount of legacy code.

As a software developer it is frustrating to us when these things happen, but its not always avoidable regardless of how much you try.

if this was the first time i would be with you, but this is the millionth time, so yeah the devs get some HAMSTER.
  • tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    Now I understand why my pelgrim weapon set still was bugged. Well I hope the next fix will unbug it.
    Thanks for telling us, nitocris83 :)
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Bugs are a part of life. You can manage them, but never get rid of them all.

Neverwinter is the best online game that I have played. I have been playing online games since EQ beta. It is difficult to get the formula correct between depth and simplicity, but Neverwinter seems to walk this fine line very well. While there are a lot of elements to master, you can jump in and have fun very quickly. And character progression is steady without being too fast or too slow. Excellent job developers!
  • saulty199122saulty199122 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I agree with onodrain, as I myself have played many MMO's and other online games since EQ beta. NW is a very indepth game for being almost completely free to play. Bugs however, will happen, and we gotta deal with it. If however you think you could do better at getting rid of the bugs, by all means step up and do so. Or go make your own game and become the richest person ever. XD
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I've been here since it went live and It's only game I play anymore. If they say it needs fixing, play nice and let 'em fix it. It's worth it in the long run.
  • lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    The Auction House is having issues again today! 90% of the items since patch this morning that I have attempted to post are then unable to post.
    "Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

The Auction House is having issues again today! 90% of the items since patch this morning that I have attempted to post are then unable to post.

Oh good, I thought it was just me. Two of my toons can't post anything and I do mean anything, the last one has an about 20% success rate.
    Also, if an item can't be posted by one toon, giving it to another won't help it still won't be postable. Closing the game and restarting solves it with a 50/50 chance
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.