test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lich Lore

litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
Has anyone figured out if there is a CD timer on getting Lich Lore?

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    When I got my first two, they dropped together. I picked them both up, but couldn't turn them both in. I think when I turned one in, both left my inventory, but I am not positive of that.
  • Options
    Answer ✓

litaaers said:

When I got my first two, they dropped together. I picked them both up, but couldn't turn them both in. I think when I turned one in, both left my inventory, but I am not positive of that.

This has happened to me twice.
    I think there was another, similar 'unscheduled drop' quest, where you could have the quest initiating item drop, and as long as you didn't pick up the item (or accept the quest?), you could have a situation where more of the item dropped. Then it became possible to have multiple of the item, which would do you no good (I think it was River District, with the Cipher Puzzles and the Adventure Groups).

There may actually be an external timer (once per hour), as I can consistantly get one to drop when I start playing, but then not again for awhile once I pick it up. @nitocris83 I know its not a top priority, but could you submit this to the appropriate person for clarification? Specifically, are these Lick Lore quest items on a top-of-the-hour timer? Thank you!

Answers

• Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I spent ages working out this quest drop. What Eldritchx says is correct. They refresh on the hour. Every hour. I'm talking about the normal single drops on the ground, not the ones you get from BHE's, I have been told about those dropping 3 at a time but have never had that happen to me so can't comment on that method and how it interacts with the normal single drops.

At first I thought they were dropping a couple in an hour, but I wasn't aware then of how they drop only after the top of the hour, I think what I was doing was not going to find one until say (as a random example for this) 3:40, and then at 4:12 I might get one more, so I was thinking "oh they come more than once an hour" because my hour started at 3:40, timed by me from the first drop I got (ie; "it has been less than one hour since I got the last one so they drop more than once per hour" logic). But then another time I could go a full hour after one dropping and nothing, no matter how many of them I killed, and could not work out why they would sometimes drop a couple an hour and then not at all for a whole hour. Then I had two drop from the one mob and like it is stated above, I found out that once you pick one up the next one is disabled. I saw two drop, and picked the first one up and before even accepting the quest, tried to pick the second one up as well. I got the "you cannot have two of a unique item" notice. Freaking out because I had spent all this time running around killing things non-stop with no drops and then suddenly I got two, I accepted the quest, stayed on the same map and rode down to Makos, handed it in, knowing that items which drop for u no-one else can see (so I wasn't worried someone else would pick it up) and they stay on the ground for a little while before fading away and the map is not huge and it's not long to get from one end to the other, I rode back to where the second one was lying and picked it up into my bag and it went in fine once the first one was out. I clicked on it nothing happened. I right clicked it and chose "accept quest" and nothing happened, I did this over and over again thinking it was broken with nothing happening.
    But I still did not know about when they reset or how long it was. That first time must have been close to the hour, because I remember it was only about 2 mins before I clicked it again and it suddenly gave me the quest. It was then i realized it had a timer on it of some kind, but because it was only two minutes, at first I thought it was a two minute cooldown.

But then the next day I had another 2 drop in the one mob and no matter how long I waited, it would not activate. This was when I cottoned-on to the time, because at first I was clicking it over and over and over every 2 or 3 minutes obsessed with making it work and finding out how long it would take and I was watching the clock the whole time. I eventually got tired of this and waited longer and longer, I think I got the quest at roughly 20 minutes to the hour, and eventually just was clicking it every 5 or 10 minutes to see, and every time, nope, nothing. Still paying careful attention to the time every time I clicked it, because I was determined to work this out once and for all. I think it was like 5 past the hour and I clicked it and bang it was fine and I realized it could well be on the hour. Later on when I had a drop which would not open I waited until exactly the hour and just one second after it turned, it was fine and then I knew for sure. Not long after this, like a couple of days later, I actually had 3 drops at the one mob, believe it or not, 3 at the same time. I picked up the first, left the other two there, handed one in, then ran back to do it again, but realized that the second one was disabled until the top of the hour, and could not click it to activate it, and unless I did that, handed it in and cleared it from my bag, I would get the "you cannot have two of a unique item" notice when I tried to pick up the third. While I still had the second one in my bag unable to activate the quest, the third one faded away and disappeared, I rode back to check and saw it had gone.

Since then, seeing I now know when they drop, it is easy to do. I make sure that each hour, and it doesn't matter what time I decide to go as long as I have not been there in that hour yet. I go to Omu, run down to where the Thayans are, anywhere will do, even wizards and magebreakers drop them, both on the top and down underground. Very often it drops on the first mob, but sometimes I have to run around and kill 4 or 5 mobs before I get it, other times I do a whole bunch with nothing in that area left and have to change instances, but I will always get the drop in the next one on the first or second try. If I get to an instance and the outside mobs are not there I know someone has been doing the same thing, I just change to an instance where no-one else is, like 1 or 2 or 4 people and if all the mobs are outside in all their places I know that map is not being farmed. Now, if I do get a double drop, which has happened a few times since, I hand in one then ride back to pick up the other one and leave it in my bag not stressing until the next hour and open it and just hand it in sometime in that hour, it means I don't have to go looking for one that hour, because once you hand one in, you will not have another drop until the new hour. You can kill as many as you like, nothing will drop until whatever-o-clock rolls around then bang u get one. It is like clockwork how it resets on the hour, and Eldritchx is 100% correct.