test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Refinement System

So I am fairly new to this new refinement system. I took a break from Neverwinter (Ps4) right before the update and now am back, starting on the PC version. So my main issue is that, of course in the old refinement system you could put your old artifacts into your new artifacts, and gain increased RP for how much RP was put into it. Now, I have a few artifacts that I do not use anymore and they are Rare quality, and it's only offering me 400 RP..... 400 RP?! I put thousands into it! Plus it is bound to my character, so I honestly have no other possible option than to convert it into refinement. Do I really have no option but to just be fine with 400 RP from converting it? Or is there something else I could do with these artifacts that would be more worth it? Please let me know.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,138 Arc User
    As you pointed out, the RP system changed. The amounts needed to improve an item were reduced. The amounts granted by converted artifacts was also reduced. If you know for sure you don't want the artifact anymore your only two options are to convert it or throw it away.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • karmakaidan#3884 karmakaidan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    greywynd said:

As you pointed out, the RP system changed. The amounts needed to improve an item were reduced. The amounts granted by converted artifacts was also reduced. If you know for sure you don't want the artifact anymore your only two options are to convert it or throw it away.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure before I converted it. Thank you very much!
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User

So I am fairly new to this new refinement system. I took a break from Neverwinter (Ps4) right before the update and now am back, starting on the PC version. So my main issue is that, of course in the old refinement system you could put your old artifacts into your new artifacts, and gain increased RP for how much RP was put into it. Now, I have a few artifacts that I do not use anymore and they are Rare quality, and it's only offering me 400 RP..... 400 RP?! I put thousands into it! Plus it is bound to my character, so I honestly have no other possible option than to convert it into refinement. Do I really have no option but to just be fine with 400 RP from converting it? Or is there something else I could do with these artifacts that would be more worth it? Please let me know.

@greywynd gave you the 100% correct answer, of course. As a side note, though... you aren't alone. The change aggravates the sin out of me, too. You aren't the only one who had a "400 RP?!" moment. Reduced costs are great and all, but losing RP on that level is painful to me.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Considering the time, effort and expense to refine artifacts before the change and the amount of RP a player currently gets for feeding those artifacts into a new artifact, I feel a little insulted.

Now don't get me wrong, I very much like the new refinement system, and am only marginally bothered by the nerfing of refinement items like pearls (which used to be worth 100 RP - now only worth 10 RP) because of the reduction of points needed to upgrade items...

But still 400 RP for an items that took players hours and months to initially upgrade? That's like a slap in the face as far as I'm concerned.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    unbarb said:

Only the oldest players (15-25% of actual player base) have their artifact at max rank thx to the old system who was EASY.
    The newest players struggle to reach Legendary rank for their artifacts.
    We can see when a game doesnt like new players.
    How much RP do we get per day? 5.000 to 10.000 RP if you do all the daily quests (except U$D dungeons like TONG)
    They know the new refine system is disgusting but all they give us is a double rp drop every 2 months.
    I have 1 Artifact at Epic rank and when i see i need 400.000 RP to reach Mythic rank, i just wanna unistall.
    500.000 RP per artifacts, 250.000 RP for each artifact weap, off-hand, belt and neck.
    2.000.000 RP for the 4 artifacts, 1.000.000 RP for the weap, off-hand, belt and neck.
    And i'm not even talking about all the enchantments who require maybe like 500.000 RP each? 15 times.

We could refine our Artiacts to max rank in 2-3 months with the old system, now it takes years.

And you need everythings at max rank to have a chance to play with the toxic 17k ilvl players, these trash kids don't like to play with player below their own ilvl.

I disagree. A player who takes the time to collect green equipment drops, as well as loading one of the many Enchantments that increase gem drop rates, can easily get enough RP to bring a Artifact to Legendary in very short order. The biggest bottleneck for that is currently the reagents needed to go from rare to epic to legendary, as well as the wards needed to avert failure.

EDIT: Also, in your numbers above, it sounds like you are upgrading the whole shebang. It SHOULD seem like a lot, when you are talking about getting EVERYTHING to absolute MAX level.

It took me 8 days to upgrade a Soulsight Crystal from green to Mythic in the new system. No other artifacts were sacrificed to do this.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The major problem is that the refining changes made most artifacts trash when they used to be valuable even if only as feeders, so cut your AD earning potential and made lockboxes less attractive. Also artifact equipment used to be easily changed for a new one, now it's a major undertaking.

Also as an aside it crippled some guilds, in that gems can now be used to upgrade anything at the same rate as anything else so they don't get donated as they're too useful given the many extra RP required for artifacts and artifact equipment.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,369 Arc User

Also as an aside it crippled some guilds, in that gems can now be used to upgrade anything at the same rate as anything else so they don't get donated as they're too useful given the many extra RP required for artifacts and artifact equipment.

Well, that can make profession great again if it did not 2 to 3 mods ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I know, I'm churning out crates on 15 characters, somebody else is doing it on 52, but small guilds often have a lot of non crafters.
    edited March 2018

... but small guilds often have a lot of non crafters.

Seems to me like 'incentive' for some players to pay more attention to the professions aspect of the game (something I've begun to do for a guild I'm in) or engage in a little recruiting.

But I know what you're talking about and I think that is one of the reasons we see so many guilds spamming for members in Zone Chat so more members can contribute to the guild's coffers... but that's just a guess.
    greywynd said:

It took me 8 days to upgrade a Soulsight Crystal from green to Mythic in the new system. No other artifacts were sacrificed to do this.

I'm guessing you either have VIP which will give the player ID scrolls daily or run dungeons and skirmishes like crazy to get AD's so you can buy ID scrolls...

From my experience it seems the game has rolled back the ID scroll drop rate quite a bit - or maybe it just seems that way because there is more things to ID since gear drops are now worth refinement points and I tend to use more scrolls.

I have VIP. I also have 9 characters. Those that don't see a lot of play tend to have a large stash of scrolls. Unbound scrolls get stashed until either: A) I get a full stack and toss them into the AH, or B) someone calls out needing scrolls. In the last week I've mailed out about 700 scrolls.
    edited March 2018
    I operate in a similar vein, but I was thinking about the players who don't have VIP or stashes of AD's to purchase ID scrolls when it comes to obtaining gear that needs to be ID before being used for refinement points.

My daughter is a casual player, one of those who complain that the game interferes with her real world responsibilities... or is that the real world responsibilities interferes with her gaming... :D

Anyway she usually just winds up tossing potential RP gear because she has trouble obtaining sufficient ID scrolls for all of it. Those kinds of players I suspect it will take much longer for them to refine things because of their limited access to ID scrolls, and she seems to also think the drop rate for ID scrolls are somewhat diminished... but as I said that's just our impression.
  • eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    unbarb said:

Only the oldest players (15-25% of actual player base) have their artifact at max rank thx to the old system who was EASY.
    The newest players struggle to reach Legendary rank for their artifacts.
    We can see when a game doesnt like new players.
    How much RP do we get per day? 5.000 to 10.000 RP if you do all the daily quests (except U$D dungeons like TONG)
    They know the new refine system is disgusting but all they give us is a double rp drop every 2 months.
    I have 1 Artifact at Epic rank and when i see i need 400.000 RP to reach Mythic rank, i just wanna unistall.
    500.000 RP per artifacts, 250.000 RP for each artifact weap, off-hand, belt and neck.
    2.000.000 RP for the 4 artifacts, 1.000.000 RP for the weap, off-hand, belt and neck.
    And i'm not even talking about all the enchantments who require maybe like 500.000 RP each? 15 times.

We could refine our Artiacts to max rank in 2-3 months with the old system, now it takes years.

And you need everythings at max rank to have a chance to play with the toxic 17k ilvl players, these trash kids don't like to play with player below their own ilvl.

Learn to play and cry less. Slot some Quartermasters and Dragon Hoard enchantments and earn 1-2 million RP in a month just playing 3-4 toons normally. In 6 months you'll be wondering what to spend your RP on to sell on the AH.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    Running 3 played characters and 5 crafters and running completely f2p.

My problem is always AD shortage. My RP stores are ever overflowing.

I know, I'm churning out crates on 15 characters, somebody else is doing it on 52, but small guilds often have a lot of non crafters.
    Sadly, you don't even have to use professions for that unless you want to. As a former small guild member who has now been sucked into the maxed out guild/alliance machine, the best thing I ever discovered was stuffing the coffer with those lovely blue insignia we get from the ever exciting mount packs and as boss drops in ETOS instead of the salvage that miraculously stopped dropping like it used to.

Sometimes you can catch those insignia for next to nothing on the AH, and six of us could max out our gem requirement in no time. We had a guy doing the professions thing, and he stopped entirely because of blue insignia.
    chidion said:

greywynd said:

From my experience it seems the game has rolled back the ID scroll drop rate quite a bit - or maybe it just seems that way because there is more things to ID since gear drops are now worth refinement points and I tend to use more scrolls.

I don't think it just seems that way. I think you are very right. It wasn't that long ago that green "trash" items were dropping all over the place, and now that they are useful, the rate seems halved to me. Maybe even more. The scroll rate doesn't seem as drastic as a change, but I have a zillion scrolls from VIP so I'm not looking for them as hard as others will be.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,369 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I don't think the drop rate of ID scroll was changed. I collected green trash and ID scroll way before the mod 12 RP change as a habit. I dump green into artifact gears (that I kept in inventory and not even use because my regular artifact gears were max'ed out already) before mod 12 as a habit (and not something practically useful). Now, I can convert green trash to RP directly. Since I have VIP, the ID scroll I picked up were just accumulated instead of being used.

Hence, based on my experience (before and after RP change), I don't see the drop rate of ID scroll was changed. I have just accumulated another 999 ID scroll last week. I have about 10 stacks of 999 ID scroll at the moment (not a practically useful collection).

I pick up everything that I can pick up from the ground (unless I am in a party doing dungeon/skirmish).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    The unbound scrolls sell well in the AH.

Sadly, you don't even have to use professions for that unless you want to. As a former small guild member who has now been sucked into the maxed out guild/alliance machine, the best thing I ever discovered was stuffing the coffer with those lovely blue insignia we get from the ever exciting mount packs and as boss drops in ETOS instead of the salvage that miraculously stopped dropping like it used to.

Sometimes you can catch those insignia for next to nothing on the AH, and six of us could max out our gem requirement in no time. We had a guy doing the professions thing, and he stopped entirely because of blue insignia.
    Quite suits me to use professions for that, I went through about 400K guild marks in the last double GMs due to mastercrafting. My quartermasters enchants filled 3 guilds up with surplus also.