test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How are PC players enjoying the new lockbox?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    The Adventurers box is the worst thing since the fashion box. Whoever thought it was a good idea should be fired.

• Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User

Awesome stuff.... Could it be more awesome?

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm? Don't worry, I feel the same way about that pack. :disappointed:

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Even those horrible Elemental Evil packs coughed out an archon once in awhile....
  • Options
    flipkick#2418 flipkick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    from lvl 10 and up or at least in the tower district I am getting SO MANY LOCK BOXES in a hour I got like 30
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Sell them for gold.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I'm not even going to bother with a lockbox where there's a very high chance I will get a bunch of .... identify scrolls. If the devs want to do this for the new players, then introduce a new lockbox in the lowbie zones, and only in the lowbie zones.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    The level of RNG walls they have continued to put up and add just makes this game less attractive over time. Adding the adventurers box and havin g it drop so much has caused me to ignore these lock boxes and thus I no longer need keys and thus they will loose sales in the long run.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Well, this particular lockbox is an useless pile of HAMSTER, but obvious solution is just to open something else instead. I used do open the Glorious box, but the Adventurer's pack got added to that too, so that's off the table.

Personally I have been opening Firemane boxes - had a pile of those stacked up - if I run out of those, well...there are a few other decent boxes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Merchant Prince has the only high value Legendary at the moment that isn't in the Resurgence Pack and it still has companion packs, which sell very well. Though if enough people turn their noses up at GR, prices on select Legendaries may rise.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sylish1sylish1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    well they will have to make a plan quickly with the lock boxes as this will start to effect paying players on vip, if i knew the BS with the new lock boxes i would not have renewed my 6 month vip.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

sylish1 said:

well they will have to make a plan quickly with the lock boxes as this will start to effect paying players on vip, if i knew the BS with the new lock boxes i would not have renewed my 6 month vip.

I don't think this is true. ppl just won't open this particular lockbox. there are so many good reasons to have vip if you're playing this game. the key is super nice but the instant travel. lack of being wounded ect make it necessary to have. I almost never open the current lockbox anyway. although it is true the aventurers pack is a new low for them lol maybe not. the fashion pack was pretty freakin bad lol
    This. When the drop rate of the Adventurer's Pack became apparent I stopped opening these and went back to opening the Merchant Prince boxes.

The orange mount from that lockbox is worth more on the AH than the new one anyway. Have a bunch of Giant lockboxes saved up when that runs out. I have enough alts that haven't done SKT to make it worth opening those until the next lockbox comes out for mod 14 (or whatever).
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i dont like Adventure packs from that lockbox, seem so wrong for lockboxes, it is the weakiest and most hated prize.
    just my opinion, it belongs to invokings, nothing else, not wanting to see of those in anywhere except invokings, not in coffer boxes or lockboxes.
    potions are the joke since it was nerfed for longer cooldowns.

been getting repeated prizes for last 2 weeks, not seeing much "RNG" different for each key from VIP being used, been seeing to get insignas for 3 days in row, and then next four days for adventure packs, and if i get someing different like refine gems and i can predict that i get gems again tommorrow and following next day if not changed some RNG factor.

devs, i do want to see vast improvements and less junks. for example, getting any leadership accessories are too extremely so hard to get. i had not seen much of leadership profession pulled when i open in long time, only jeweler crafters and alchemist are the most common to get.

just my opinions, devs, i feel that we need a poll or survey regarding the lockboxes, most players dont like potions in any lockboxes and i feel it's better for invoking only.

when i invoke for a prayer, i dont mind getting potions, but lockboxes isnt right types for it. just ask the players.

• Options
    sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm honestly sure that this is a scam against newer players. Pretty sure a new player would also hate to get an Adventure Pack and just roll a potion when you can buy most of those stuffs on AH for a much lower cost. This pack is so sketchy.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    ok, seem that my prediction came true, last few days since posted, i got 3 days in a row pulling rank 7 enchant gems, i guess that mean tmw after 6 am when i get a new vip key, i might skip opening, thinking that i might get back to "adventurer box" routine.

Glorious boxes seem better choice, wait for that event, stock up folks. avoid current box.
    Happy Huntings.
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I’ve been opening the old merchant prince box.
  • Options
    galwaytazalangalwaytazalan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I am both a player in star trek online (started in pre-order paid sub, then with the derth of content and constant server down time and other game issues I left and then came back when was f2p) by cryptic/pwe and Neverwinter Night (only started late July 2017). Both games have one thing in common, diluted lockboxes/giftboxes, etc.

I am absolutely aghast by what they call lockboxes in NWN. Every lockbox comes with so much loaded useless stuff and then boxes within boxes. What next, a key to open a special box from that box and the key is bound on purchase.

I think the adv. box is a total joke, a slap in the face and a disgrace they would ever include it to start with. Sort of like where they included a 100 fleet bonus pool in STO. My gosh, I can earn that with a few energy credits, duty officers or other items to fleet building projects, so why give me as a reward for buying keys, 100 fleet mark bonus pool paid out in a 20% bonus till used.

I look at NWN and boy this is another game that shows it needs fresh developers/publishers as they are now dragging nwn and sto on a dirt road as they throw out something to keep us happy. This is harsh and probably will be deleted. However I wanted to sound out that it has only taken me less than a year and I am at the breaking point with NWN. It truely is the definition, money talks (yes I expect someone to post that I am a kid who has no job - but sorry that isn't the case, I just view money differently).

The arc point reward was an alternate way to perhaps slowly accrue pts for zen and still be able to buy things. Of course they have taken it offline including those with balances, to "re-polish) because they haven't updated it in years, so what. Isn't it to showcase your games without a bloated User Interface that doesn't gobble up hard drive and memory with flashing lights. I did buy $30 worth of VIP and I look at just what has been the result of those keys, I should have kept the $30 for something else like another game perhaps.

The other problem is the community has those who are sold on anything they do and others like me who speak up and then are hushed out by those who label us losers, jobless, teens, whiners, and other things to belittle us because we speak our voice on a game that means as much to us as it does to them.

These lockboxes are pushing so many buttons in me, I don't even think a gaming keyboard could have that many keys pressed at once and still have n-key rollover.

Slim down the lockboxes and don't put boxes in boxes and then give people the lowest junk that box in a box has. Why do you need to have everything bound to account, bound to character and unbound, so 3 types of some items. Then toss in common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary of some items as well. The stacking of these items is a joke. I don't know how this game has gotten away with this. You put the fashion tab in, but then nothing can really go in it.

Going back to the topic of the op, yes the lockboxes are a joke and hopefully if you won't fix it, then let the law and the courts come down and call it for what it is and then you will have problems. This is why we have regulations, when companies do this.
This discussion has been closed.