test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How are PC players enjoying the new lockbox?

undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
From a Xbox player point of view, the preview provided on the new lockbox does not look promising.

It used to be that we had 1 pack from the box that wasn't sought after, being either a profession pack or fashion pack.

Then came the mount insignia's, and with them a bag which
90 % of the time grants the player 2 blue insignia's. A bag which most people either vendor or turn in as gems in the stronghold.

Then the refinement changes brought in changes to the artifact pack.
It used to contain various refinement in the form of resonance stones and then either Gmops or Smops. And sometimes refinement with the additional genies gifts.

Now you are lucky if you get anything other than some green and blue enchanting stones. Like we don't have an overflow of those already from the leadership bags...

Now I see this new lockbox... and I am not impressed!

Firstly, they changed the legendary mount bonus from critical strike to defense to HP??? Who would choose the HP bonus over say 4000 power??? Show me which Paladin in his right mind would make that swap.

The companion packs have been completely removed, reducing RP, AD and companion token income even further. Another AD sink hoping players will pay for ZEN to get overpriced tokens.

The profession pack is back, but honestly this is a change I welcome, they can at least be sold for some AD, although not a lot.

The mount pack is still present, and so is the enchanting stones in the artifact pack.

There is both a legendary and an epic mount, which should be worth a decent amount. If not for the bonus then for the visuals that is.

Then you can get a augment gorilla. It's cute, but not a lot more than that.

So far this brings us to 4 rather unattractive pulls out of 7. ( The enchantment pack is still present though, thank god).

Then they have introduced an Adventurer pack and the Genie Gifts, as a pack of their own. Those gifts don't really bring anything useful to the table for established players. Outside the little worth of AD they generate.
But I have a feeling their price will drop quickly, once the market is overflowing with them.

Now that Adventurer pack is just plain bogus. It is not even mass scrolls of life, but the single scroll of life... And those teleport scrolls are completely useless. The first thing you get with VIP is the signpost... Oh wait.. I almost forgot about the epic dungeon keys. Those are awesome... I most certainly don't already have 200+ keys on each different character I own, from the VIP rewards. (This part is sarcasm @kreatyve ).

So out of 10 drops, only 4 are really worth the subscription to VIP. And considering the drop chance on both the epic and legendary mount, as well as the Trade Bar jackpot, you are mostly looking at a 1 in 6 chance of getting something worth the AD / ZEN / Real life money in which you spend for VIP.

Yes, yes then there is the small stuff like accumulating trade bars from every bag, but overall I am starting to wonder if they are trying to drive us away from the game...

In any case, I haven't had my hands on a lockbox yet, as consoles are still some time away from MOD13.

So how are you, the PC players, experiencing the new lockbox?

All answers are appreciated, and thank you for your time.

Patrick

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Well, since the servers aren't up yet, the lockbox isn't dropping yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    No way of getting companion tokens as far as I can see
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

That's correct. There is no companion pack in the new box.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

And of course now that folks might want them and the price go up, I will not get any from the old box either. :D

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

And of course now that folks might want them and the price go up, I will not get any from the old box either. :D

I'm going to save all mine that I get on Xbox for a bit. I will be able to make some AD with them after mod 13 drops on console. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I'd just wish, they would turn the whole content of the Glorious Resurgence Lockbox into packs from which one can choose a specific reward. The epic packs from this lockbox allready work that way, please update the rare packs as well.
    When another cursed-with-[censored]-[censored]-[censored]-loot packs lockbox pops up, we can at least spend our keys on the new and improved Glorious Resurgence Lockbox.

Btw. placing that Fashion pack in one of the former lockboxes was a mistake, and i thought the player feedback about it was clearly enough... but the new Adventurer pack really takes the cake.
    I suggest giving us the option to turn those kind of packs directly into Trade bars at some NPC... that could become a nice new job for Rhix.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Yes. This is the biggest change that disappoints me. The implication is that devs want to drive more Zen purchases of companion tokens.

Bonding runestones will now probably go up in price on the AH, as this was a major source for them.

I don't mind the Adventurer pack so much. At least the potions earned can be converted into gold or AD. It's significantly better than the old Trove of EE loot boxes from the EE campaign with their useless Emblems.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I'm experiencing lockbox like I did in 12b, opening Resurgence boxes and nothing else. (No companion packs would be a deal-breaker for me anyways.)
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User

I'm experiencing lockbox like I did in 12b, opening Resurgence boxes and nothing else. (No companion packs would be a deal-breaker for me anyways.)

I got the Adventurer Pack from Resurgense Lockbox :s
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User

Yeah, the rare drops for the resurgence lockbox are the same as the current lockbox. So no companion packs from those either. I'm actually not unhappy to see the profession pack return, but anyone who has VIP is likely swimming in Identify scrolls and Greater Dungeon Keys so the Adventurer Pack is certainly not worth the trade off. I imagine that any lockbox I open in the next 3-5 months will be one of the older ones. I'll save my resurgence in the hope that the next box will be better.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I was wrong, so did I! :-( I've moved on to the Merchant Prince.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I'm glad I hoarded many thousands of old lockboxes and having opened 4 of the new ones (3 artifact packs and a tradebar jackpot) I won't be opening any more.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    How about adding one of the Primary/Secondary weapon packs as guaranteed rewards to the Adventurer pack?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    All over the world lawmakers are casting a weary eye at lockboxes .. and what do WE get? The Adventurer Pack.

I guess that is one way to go on reinforcing the viewpoint that opening a lockbox is essentially gambling with a significant chance at getting a near zero value payout...

Luckily, I am a cynic, and not a conspiracy theorist, or I might see a grab-the-money-while-its-there strategy evolving in the light of a looming slaughter of the golden goose :)
  • marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    hrakh said:

All over the world lawmakers are casting a weary eye at lockboxes .. and what do WE get? The Adventurer Pack.

I guess that is one way to go on reinforcing the viewpoint that opening a lockbox is essentially gambling with a significant chance at getting a near zero value payout...

Luckily, I am a cynic, and not a conspiracy theorist, or I might see a grab-the-money-while-its-there strategy evolving in the light of a looming slaughter of the golden goose :)

Yup, I hope they get slammed big time for this. Gambling with real $ has no place in a game.
  • chtarbouillechtarbouille Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    They should really re-think that lockbox....no low level player is gonna buy keys to open that horror for the adventurer pack which they can buy dirtcheap on ah.I have absolutely no idea why they did that....
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I've saved up roughly 57 keys the past 2 months. I got enough of the new lockboxes so I copied my char over to preview 10 times. 500 boxes.. nothing worth anything. I find that the Adv Pack is as rude as the fashion and insinia packs.. Fluff. So I will just keep saving my keys. I've been opening up lockboxes this way for the past few weeks.. just to get it out of my system.. I finally hit a Legendary Carpet after a few hundred of the boxes.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I am also very underwhelmed by the current lockbox. I have no interest in opening them.
    I have so many older ones on a bank toon... going to be opening those.
  • kyosjikenjikyosjikenji Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Guess I have to post this here since the site wont let me create my own thread.

I started playing this morning. Once I hit ~ level 15, I've been getting lockboxes all over the place. Because of the amount, I decided to put down $10 and get some keys. I went through the whole purchase, got confirmation I bought it, but when I try to open my lockbox, it says I have no keys. I've been trying to get a hold of a GM, but for whatever reason using the "Request GM Help" seems to always result in a message saying something like "GM will NOT help", which seems pretty dumb if you ask me to even have something like that there to begin with.

Am I missing something? At this point I don't know what to do.

Guess I have to post this here since the site wont let me create my own thread.

I started playing this morning. Once I hit ~ level 15, I've been getting lockboxes all over the place. Because of the amount, I decided to put down $10 and get some keys. I went through the whole purchase, got confirmation I bought it, but when I try to open my lockbox, it says I have no keys. I've been trying to get a hold of a GM, but for whatever reason using the "Request GM Help" seems to always result in a message saying something like "GM will NOT help", which seems pretty dumb if you ask me to even have something like that there to begin with.

Am I missing something? At this point I don't know what to do.

Go here and file a support ticket.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kyosjikenjikyosjikenji Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Already submitted, just waiting now. So much waiting...
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

From a Xbox player point of view, the preview provided on the new lockbox does not look promising.

It used to be that we had 1 pack from the box that wasn't sought after, being either a profession pack or fashion pack.

Then came the mount insignia's, and with them a bag which
    90 % of the time grants the player 2 blue insignia's. A bag which most people either vendor or turn in as gems in the stronghold.

Then the refinement changes brought in changes to the artifact pack.
    It used to contain various refinement in the form of resonance stones and then either Gmops or Smops. And sometimes refinement with the additional genies gifts.

Now you are lucky if you get anything other than some green and blue enchanting stones. Like we don't have an overflow of those already from the leadership bags...

Now I see this new lockbox... and I am not impressed!

Firstly, they changed the legendary mount bonus from critical strike to defense to HP??? Who would choose the HP bonus over say 4000 power??? Show me which Paladin in his right mind would make that swap.

The companion packs have been completely removed, reducing RP, AD and companion token income even further. Another AD sink hoping players will pay for ZEN to get overpriced tokens.

The profession pack is back, but honestly this is a change I welcome, they can at least be sold for some AD, although not a lot.

The mount pack is still present, and so is the enchanting stones in the artifact pack.

There is both a legendary and an epic mount, which should be worth a decent amount. If not for the bonus then for the visuals that is.

Then you can get a augment gorilla. It's cute, but not a lot more than that.

So far this brings us to 4 rather unattractive pulls out of 7. ( The enchantment pack is still present though, thank god).

Then they have introduced an Adventurer pack and the Genie Gifts, as a pack of their own. Those gifts don't really bring anything useful to the table for established players. Outside the little worth of AD they generate.
    But I have a feeling their price will drop quickly, once the market is overflowing with them.

Now that Adventurer pack is just plain bogus. It is not even mass scrolls of life, but the single scroll of life... And those teleport scrolls are completely useless. The first thing you get with VIP is the signpost... Oh wait.. I almost forgot about the epic dungeon keys. Those are awesome... I most certainly don't already have 200+ keys on each different character I own, from the VIP rewards. (This part is sarcasm @kreatyve ).

So out of 10 drops, only 4 are really worth the subscription to VIP. And considering the drop chance on both the epic and legendary mount, as well as the Trade Bar jackpot, you are mostly looking at a 1 in 6 chance of getting something worth the AD / ZEN / Real life money in which you spend for VIP.

Yes, yes then there is the small stuff like accumulating trade bars from every bag, but overall I am starting to wonder if they are trying to drive us away from the game...

In any case, I haven't had my hands on a lockbox yet, as consoles are still some time away from MOD13.

So how are you, the PC players, experiencing the new lockbox?

All answers are appreciated, and thank you for your time.

Patrick

At least the price of potions will come down 0,o
  • It's an awful change. I still hope some bold, justice minded scamp of an employee at their offices trolls daily the desk of whoever thought this would be cool- with piles of useless scraps of paper and colored water bottles that have post-it-notes that read "Persists after death" written on them. ;)
This discussion has been closed.