test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ways to get Astral Diamond Vouchers Reduced?

muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited February 2018 in PvE Discussion
I've been running Dragonflight, doing the Underdark's Gather Stonghold Supplies, running Tiamat and getting the Cache of the Dragon Queen, and now Siege of Neverwinter. All four of these don't seem to give astral diamond vouchers anymore. There only seems to be three ways to get the requirement fulfilled: 1) get them through packs from lockboxes, 2) create them via leadership level 23 task, and 3) donating astral diamonds straight into the coffer. This has been the case since Mod 12b dropped, but has not been addressed.

So, were these actually removed without telling the players or is this a bug?
Post edited by muramune99#1335 on

Comments

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    15 bells x 40 people and zero AD boxes, please investigate the loot table for dragon flight, we need this box to drop still for guild progression on console.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I'm guessing it was pulled intentionally. They've eluded to there being too much AD in the economy before. In the live stream they said player AD production was up overall. I'm betting this is a mechanism to remove AD from circulation.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
    edited February 2018
    Boxes need keys which removes AD or introduces money, so hopefully it is just a bug as I don't recall seeing it in any patch notes.
    Post edited by sundance777 on

Casual Dailies
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I'm guessing it was pulled intentionally. They've eluded to there being too much AD in the economy before. In the live stream they said player AD production was up overall. I'm betting this is a mechanism to remove AD from circulation.

Your logic is flawed. These boxes do not drop AD for players or in any way add AD into circulation. They simply have AD vouchers for deposit in a GH coffer.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Here's my logic. This is a mechanism to remove AD from circulation: you have to put your AD in the coffer, removing it from the economy. As for buying keys: converting AD to Zen does not remove AD, it transfers it to another account; buying form auction house only removes 10% of the cost of the key from the economy.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
    edited February 2018
    I know what you mean, but buying keys in the ZM removes zen which is either from AD or real money, so win win there for the game I think.

The reality is we won't throw real ad into the coffer, we will make it with leadership, so really they are just losing the option to remove Zen and potentially making more players frustrated with things not working or being removed. And let's not forget the bells needed to run DF, if DF is not going to drop things needed (expected) there is no point in running it so no bells needed.

Either way, please check the loot table on flight of the dragon, one of my guildies logged a ticket with support and they said something like we don't know what a strongbox of AD is from dragon flight...Mandela effect???

Casual Dailies
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Just salvage drops for astral
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • phoebeexphoebeex Member Posts: 2 New User
    AD requirements are still in the tables for leveling guild structures but they seem to have removed AD vouchers everywhere. They are not dropping in Siege Of Neverwinter event, lockboxes, no longer in the Tiamat chest or Dragonflight strongboxes. I hope this is an oversight!’
  • muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I uploaded a video about some of what I mean located here
  • erikthered#8452 erikthered Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    as far as I know ad voucher's have never been in the ps4 version of the siege of neverwinter event. this is my second one and none of my guild mates or alliance mates have ever seen a ad voucher drop in the event.
  • jettaukjettauk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Major one that changed here with 12b is dragonflight no longer dropping strong box of AD. This was most guilds main source of AD chests and is really hurting smaller guilds.
    Has anyone see anything about this yet, a statement that is WAI or bugged? @nitocris83

Casual Dailies
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I'm beginning to think this is on purpose. Lately it seems they are doing everything possible to take AD from the players. They make it harder to get AD and now with elimination of AD vouchers, players are forced to use those AD to fund the guild.
  • crashin#4456 crashin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Arc,

I have submitted 2 tickets about this topic. I have asked for you to let us know if it was an intended change. I am able to post the responses received here if it helps, however it is negative as you seem to have alot of other players making note of this issue.

I am therefore presuming that the Game Masters have got this message and please consider putting this strongbox of astrals back into dragonflight and stronghold seige.

Look forward to hearing a positive response from arc either confirming this was intended or that this will be looking to be resolved in the near future.

Cheers

Guild leader of Whats the Deal (GH14). (My astral diamond requirements for GH 16 is 10.5 million Astrals. This is quite a significant undertaking.
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I have seen a significant decrease of all the strongboxes in DF runs.

For those of you struggling with AD requirements, consider leadership on multiple toons. I have 5 toons making AD crates regularly, and I'm dumping it often and filling coffer needs of allies in my alliance. If more people in your guild/alliance do this your requirements wont need the AD boxes.

Honestly it would take 5ish people to get a return in a decent amount of time. You could see around 3 AD crates every 2.5 hours per character (using the purple profession dudes). These add up REAL quick. The more people who make them, the easier the requirement is for your guild. I usually play enough on weekdays to claim these 3-4 times a day. At the bare minimum, I'm pulling 45 AD Crates per day. Usually this is closer to 100ad crates if I'm on for any significant amount of time. (Don't forget I collect one every time I login as well).

Enough guildies doing this will dramatically increase your AD input and its a good guild-mark making method

For those of you struggling with AD requirements, consider leadership on multiple toons. I have 5 toons making AD crates regularly, and I'm dumping it often and filling coffer needs of allies in my alliance. If more people in your guild/alliance do this your requirements wont need the AD boxes.

Honestly it would take 5ish people to get a return in a decent amount of time. You could see around 3 AD crates every 2.5 hours per character (using the purple profession dudes). These add up REAL quick. The more people who make them, the easier the requirement is for your guild. I usually play enough on weekdays to claim these 3-4 times a day. At the bare minimum, I'm pulling 45 AD Crates per day. Usually this is closer to 100ad crates if I'm on for any significant amount of time. (Don't forget I collect one every time I login as well).

Enough guildies doing this will dramatically increase your AD input and its a good guild-mark making method

I just about to the point where I can do that with my main. Kind of worried that the Devs will nerf this too.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Yes, this is a good way. One correction, even with two Heroes it is 3 hours per task, not 2.5.
    edited March 2018
    I agree that making AD boxes with professions is a good thing. This however is a bug report thread on something that I think is a bug, the boxes and vouchers are not dropping as expected, maybe I missed this change in a set of patch notes but I don't think I did. I try to read each and every one completely and usually twice.

Casual Dailies
  • maker#5831 maker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Have the strongbox of astral diamonds been removed? I have not seen any since 12b dropped. No one in my alliance has got a drop. Is this a bug or intentional?

They didn't drop in the Siege of Neverwinter event either. I think the Devs are doing it to force guild members to use their own AD to finance building structures. However, if you really want one, I did see a Major Astral Diamond Voucher on the Auction House for 45,000 AD. LOL!
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Gross.

I hadn't noticed those were gone, but that's probably because I went from being in a guild struggling with/focused solely on conqueror's shards to being absorbed into a GH 20 where I skip around swatting at things whenever I feel like doing influence.

Seems like Strongholds need some help and new activities versus things being taken. Boo.
  • sweetlauranasweetlaurana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Yup, they are gone. Even the campaign task that made them is gone. The only way is to get Leadership up to 23 to make the crates but you need about 10 toons and 1 year to get there in order to get a tiny amount of AD. Oops, now that I said that, they will probably remove the crates as well. The devs should make it easier for growing guilds, or at least keep it at the same insane amount of resources, don't take away things to make it harder. Maybe they just like to cause extra distress. Maybe they want don't want new guilds to be made. Maybe they think they aren't making enough money as is....
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I'm not going to say anything against the devs because I get the feeling there are too few of them tasked with doing too many things, following the orders of chiefs who are far removed from the game as a whole. What I will say is new guilds or even low level guilds have zero chance. Changes here, changes there, tweaking this, neglecting that.... it's killed them.

If I sound sad and bitter, I am. Been there, burned by it, now have a useless PvP boon that gives me a fake IL. It's not anyone's fault directly, but the Stronghold part of the game is very, very broken.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    There is always leadership for AD and GEMS boxes.
  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Usually smaller guilds would benefit from the strongbox of AD and they're usually the type of people that doesn't go to forums. I'm pretty sure they don't even know that this one is gone. Seems to me the this is another ninja nerf to create another AD sink. I only use the strongbox keys for AD and Influence box. No reason now to buy those keys as I'd rather farm influence. No way I'm using my own AD except on the crates for leadership.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Didn't someone say that the Marauders event is being reviewed for an upcoming change to the reward structure?
    I kind of hoped something like the DF rewards would be adopted for the "Once a week if you need Influence" event.
    It galls me that they introduced a new Guild Weekly event that dumps a blood ruby, Major INF voucher, 100 Chultan Riches PLUS 25 Forgotten Totems oh yeah... AND 4500 RAD (the like of which I'd been asking for for ages) BUT.... its a PvP only.
    So its OK to boost the actual Astral Diamond gain for PvP players, but the rest of the game can nob off for vouchers as apparently, "There are too many AD in circulation".

Left hand, say hello to right hand... it's time you two got together and caught up on what each others been up to.