test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enough Is Enough (Extremly Low Drop Rate)

heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)

So For the last couple of months i have been doing nothing but running Tomb of the nine gods all day long so i can get my bondings up

and guess what after 2 months of hard work and farming everyday no less than 15 RUN per day (sometimes even 20 or above or get invited at last/2nd boss) i couldn't get even 1 bonding up and why is that ? the chance on them dropping is ridiculiously and extremly low

is this end game dung rewards

just from quick math considering 15 run per day for full month (waiting for septembre to register for university so currently doign nothing but playing) let's assume it's 50 days ran so 15*50=750 run (it's obviously more since i do 20 run on some days that's over 1000 run and all i ever got was 3 of the ultimate enchanting stone so not only did i waste my Time / AD (buying keys) but also not get rewarded anything for it

please find a solution to this the drop is really really really low that the effort put into it is no longer worth it and like many others i refuse to play tong anymore until drop rate is REALLY improved and not just "SLIGHTLY Better"

after doing the dungeon for that many times i should've gotten all my marks by now but since it's gated behind RNG you have to be more lucky than the god of luck it is not fun to do this anymore

Peace and Thank you and hopefully if a dev drop by can give us a responce if the drop rate will be better or not in new mod or should we just skip the rank 14 thing all together

Post edited by heraldfayez#8520 on

Comments

• heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Could you please tell one of the devs to answer us for this please ? we really want to know before we waste anymore time than we did
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    want to add, another "ENOUGH is Enough with small chances of key drops for repentant dragon cultist, there is other quiet few other small chances too for lot of other stuffs.
    i was looking for specific blink dog from moonless knight from celeidane tower far too long, 2 years and counting until few days ago, had to buy from auction to finished up on Sharandalr champgian.
    in my opinion, was devs making these too low to create players getting burnouts?!!!???

Devs! NO One likes to run 300-700 times for a key, or elusive companions, sometimes 2 years strectch. players HATES that RNG bs!

little over a year ago, i ran with groups on Lostmounth and never got horn for 6-7 months and i keep seeing others get 3-4 horns. that was last straw and already burnout and took a break (6 month inactive) until i came back last oct to give another chances, and STILL NOT Getting! this force me to stock up ADs when i need them for refine stones.

Once again, it is design flaw with RNG, as a gamer expert, i have seen reason why other players went to risk their accounts to buy ADs from 3rd party sites illegally just to wrap up collections or for achievements that never get within reasonable time frames, no one likes repeating for months or even 2 years is too long when it was "Expected Chances" within 5-10 runs, not over 300-700 runs.
    RNG sucks big time and it is becoming poison obsession.

Remember, devs, you are responsible as "Storyteller" and not to create grindfest for something trival for collections and achievments, oh yes, Redo that elemental motes too! mobs drops dragon hoards in well of dragon ramdomly, then why not do that same for motes?
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    They painted themselves in a corner. A corner they like because it's what (in their mind), will give you incentive to buy the Zen store keys.
    Due to various "unbalances", whales can run dungeons several times a day, in very efficient manner too.
    If dungeons dropped good stuff all the time, then the whales would flood the market with it in no time. (or they would progress too fast)
    This is why bosses nearly drop nothing, and with chests it's a gamble all the time.
    Imho, dungeons should have a daily and weekly lockouts on reward (per dungeon), outside of which they drop absolutely nothing. Of course this implies that rewards from bosses and chests should be improved tremendously.
    Then, if someone wants to bypass a locklout, he could pay Zen to do so. And the dungeon keys could be removed entirely.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    "I need UES!", says the guy who runs the hardest dungeon like the rest of the peons run CN. Right now, UES are like epeen implants. You really think the devs will allow them to be grind-able for the next mod or two?
    UES are low 700K in the AH. Seems like grinding AD is the smarter route.

this isn't matter of grinding or not let's do some quick math together mate currently the AH has less than 100 UES do you know how many 1 person needs to upgrade his stuff ? here is the math

3 bondings +6 companion enchantments +wep enchant + armor enchant+18 enchantment on yourself so that's 29 enchantment
    now multiplty that by 3 wich is number needed for each enchantment that's 87 UES for ONE CHARCHTER
    so the AH dosn't even supply the needs of 2 players as of right now and this is really bad and unhealthy for the game how are we supposed to advance if we cannot do it through the content in any MMO buying things through market to advance goes against the lable free to play so your point is invalid
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    At on avg 3 pieces of salvage per run x 15 that can sustain 7 chars for rad. That’s 252k a day just by salvaging. Blood rubies and refinement basically pay your legendary keys. So basically you can still get 1 every 3 days just from the salvage excluding drops.

Yeah the drop rate sucks but at least salvaging for myself is at an all time high. I made myself 2 extra alts just to support the salvage from t9g.

At on avg 3 pieces of salvage per run x 15 that can sustain 7 chars for rad. That’s 252k a day just by salvaging. Blood rubies and refinement basically pay your legendary keys. So basically you can still get 1 every 3 days just from the salvage excluding drops.

Yeah the drop rate sucks but at least salvaging for myself is at an all time high. I made myself 2 extra alts just to support the salvage from t9g.

not really some runs only get 2 peices of salvage from chests but usually 200k from the salvage yeah i won't lie there but is it really worth it ? as for blood rubies it's 11K on Ah tbh it's not worth it if all i'm going to get is blood rubies

• jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    > @heraldfayez#8520 said:
    > At on avg 3 pieces of salvage per run x 15 that can sustain 7 chars for rad. That’s 252k a day just by salvaging. Blood rubies and refinement basically pay your legendary keys. So basically you can still get 1 every 3 days just from the salvage excluding drops.
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah the drop rate sucks but at least salvaging for myself is at an all time high. I made myself 2 extra alts just to support the salvage from t9g.
    >
    > not really some runs only get 2 peices of salvage from chests but usually 200k from the salvage yeah i won't lie there but is it really worth it ? as for blood rubies it's 11K on Ah tbh it's not worth it if all i'm going to get is blood rubies

2 pieces is literally the minimum. I’m sure u avg more then that. Some runs I get 6-7. Is it worth it? Not sure but what are the alternatives atm. The blood rubies and refinement as I said just offsets the legendary keys so it really doesn’t cost you much to run it unless you are scrolling like mad.
  • rhaknalmrhaknalm Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    if you have a solid team you can clear tong in under 25 minutes, i honestly prefer the drop rate the way it is, something in this game has to be difficult. especially if they continue to release content intended for casual players. i mean once you learn the mechanics, tong is just another dps race, and the rank 14 grind. i highly doubt they are gonna release any higher ranks for atleast another year. there are plenty of other mmo´s with such abysmal rates for progression, that it makes nw look easy (which for the most part it really is). and to top it off the weeklies that chult gives grant you 5-6 keys a week so i mean take those keys on top of the ad you get form salvage convert that to zen buy more leg keys if you intend to non stop farm. thats what i do and it works great, my average daily play time is 2-4 hours so its not bad.

The dev's set up the the game so that if you put in the time f2p can climb without much issue and the players that want instant gratification can progress at a faster rate for a price, if you putting money in for keys thats your gamble, but thank you for supporting the game.
    edited January 2018
    rhaknalm said:

if you have a solid team you can clear tong in under 25 minutes, i honestly prefer the drop rate the way it is, something in this game has to be difficult. especially if they continue to release content intended for casual players. i mean once you learn the mechanics, tong is just another dps race, and the rank 14 grind. i highly doubt they are gonna release any higher ranks for atleast another year. there are plenty of other mmo´s with such abysmal rates for progression, that it makes nw look easy (which for the most part it really is). and to top it off the weeklies that chult gives grant you 5-6 keys a week so i mean take those keys on top of the ad you get form salvage convert that to zen buy more leg keys if you intend to non stop farm. thats what i do and it works great, my average daily play time is 2-4 hours so its not bad.

The dev's set up the the game so that if you put in the time f2p can climb without much issue and the players that want instant gratification can progress at a faster rate for a price, if you putting money in for keys thats your gamble, but thank you for supporting the game.

i don't think you understand what you are saying having grind in any mmo is acceptable and it's fine however if over 60% of the community cannot farm or grind this then there is a problme at our hands as i said in last comment the auction house can't even support making full rank 14 for 2 charchters of the game so even if one were to spend money they cannot acheive max because of lack of supply the grind is aleready hard enough and you need to spend time on other materials if running a thousand tong dosn't get you to 3 rank 14 bonding then this is obviously somesort of scam the legendary chest you are talking about gives nothing but salavage at best and in extremly rare cases good drop so putting money into the key isn't worth it anymore

the Drop rate IS VERY VERY low and this isn't only my opinion if 1K runs =3marks and u need 90mark to upgrade then you need over 10 000 run to get what you need not adding the coal wards / ultimate marks you need and the RP (rp no problem u can get drop)

if the top players can finish it sub 20 min that's cool but you are talking about casual players and i still see 50 min+ runs out there asking for players to help at last boss ( iknow it's good for both player invited and the party because they get ot clear the dung) but obv someone had to be kicked or left of his own accord so what you are saying really makes no sense

i'll be glad to support the game anytime anyday but the devs need to look at us for a bit too and understand our frustration with each mod playerbase is on decline so obv not a good sign for future

• zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Life is so much easier when you're not obsessed with BiS "needs."

i don't think you understand what you are saying having grind in any mmo is acceptable and it's fine however if over 60% of the community cannot farm or grind this then there is a problme at our hands

Huh? You pulled 60% out of you butt? I'd say 99.9% of the community cannot farm ToNG for UES. Unless you are a 16K desired class/build of GWF/DC/GF/OP, no one wants to farm with you. This is NWN's "first world problem".
    LOL i don't think you are in any of the Zerg channels or high end game channels so probably you don't know anything whne i said about 60% that's as accurate as it can get as the market is not being filled by bots but by players farming those UEs where do you think all those unparalleled came from ? your butt ?
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    If 40% of the player base farmed TONG, I'd wager the price of UES would be much lower.
    Either that or Neverwinter's player base is in serious trouble.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I've heard the drop rate of UES with Omu update will be increased in a few dungeons - that's why price has dropped a little bit as of late and likely to reduce a bit more over the weeks leading up to Omu.
    strathkin said:

I've heard the drop rate of UES with Omu update will be increased in a few dungeons - that's why price has dropped a little bit as of late and likely to reduce a bit more over the weeks leading up to Omu.

you said "in a few dungs" but only thing that drop UES is tomb also they did say that in patch notes but will it really be increased enough to be farmable or at least GRINDABLE

as it is right now the amount of effort you put dosn't matter unfortunately
    edited January 2018

LOL i don't think you are in any of the Zerg channels or high end game channels so probably you don't know anything whne i said about 60% that's as accurate as it can get as the market is not being filled by bots but by players farming those UEs where do you think all those unparalleled came from ? your butt ?

No I am not in any Zerg channel. Perhaps the concentration of people who can farm ToNG in there is making a bubble for you so you think this is a big problem for everyone. Then throw in the "bots" boggy man everywhere as more proof that lots of people are affected.

No I am not in any Zerg channel. Perhaps the concentration of people who can farm ToNG in there is making a bubble for you so you think this is a big problem for everyone.
    if you don't farm/run tong please stay out of this because it does not concern you :)
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I stopped after ~50 runs without even 1 UES :| the time invested is not worth the stats I get with R14
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression

where do you think all those unparalleled came from ? your butt ?

Only takes three UES to make one unparallel. UES from lockbox? Buy from AH?
    edited January 2018

if you don't farm/run tong please stay out of this because it does not concern you :)

The typical response from people who are closed off to the opinion of others and why they remain stuck in their echo chamber and stuck in their situation.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    the droprate is redicules, an ingame friend run maybe 80+ times and got one drop so far. That´s rediclues honestly. No clue how much can run Tong (farm is another aspect) I run it every day 1-4 times in acceptabel time.
    This is an issue for sure , one of lot´s of issues to be "fixed" in short.

The typical response from people who are closed off to the opinion of others and why they remain stuck in their echo chamber and stuck in their situation.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/7b5i9y/ultimate_enchanting_stone_drop_rate/

just read the comments there you might start to understand
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    so, then devs lied? are they making players turning into Gollums? RNG really so bad.
    they owed us to bring back coal wards back on alternate market, right now it is all about massive paywall from my view.
    it is neverending obsession. we need 3 for 1 upgrade, but we need 30 for gears, and 9 more for 1 companion's runes plus add 18 more, then 4 other companions, that 98 more to get.

yep, it made everyone extremely depressed. time for RPGer's AA meetings?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I'm getting my bondings up by selling my utility enchants... Price on UES dropped under 700K for awhile this week.
  • nemesis666#6862 nemesis666 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @zanaspus1 said:
    > Life is so much easier when you're not obsessed with BiS "needs."

this
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited January 2018

strathkin said:

you said "in a few dungs" but only thing that drop UES is tomb also they did say that in patch notes but will it really be increased enough to be farmable or at least GRINDABLE

as it is right now the amount of effort you put dosn't matter unfortunately
    Yes I've heard they will drop in a few high end dungeons; but how it improves / changes really have to wait and see.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

No I am not in any Zerg channel. Perhaps the concentration of people who can farm ToNG in there is making a bubble for you so you think this is a big problem for everyone.
    Completely and utterly wrong. If you don't farm ToNG, the only way you can get this loot is to buy it from those who do, so the drop rate still matters in how it affects the AH price.

Also 90%+ of people (and that's a conservative estimate) don't have a 15K+, you just don't see them being in a high powered alliance and zerg channels. I'm in your alliance, but also in a couple of other smaller guilds that are full, but barely have a player over 13K.

• amyciaamycia Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    delete this game and install FXIV you ll be the happyest player ever