test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW changes in mod 13:

Comments

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Here is an album that shows screenshots of the damage distributions at various bosses of several tong runs we did on preview. Runs with SS Thaum, SS Oppressor and MoF Thaum at bosses. You can see Smoulder damage is still non existent and SS damage is down to 9% of our damage.

You have 12 rimfire ticks there. That's a shocker it didn't do much dmg. 12 smolder ticks and 4 Ice Knifes so for every 3 rimfire procs in the test there was 1 Ice Knife daily. Also, you have 13 disintegrates. So you have 13 Disintegrates, 4 Ice Knifes, 11 Chill Strikes... and 12 Rimfire procs, which should proc once per second.
    Well Done
    And in some other "tests" you don't even have smolder despite it being MoF.
    Try to "test" Ice Knife than, go into the fight and don't use it, and then go on forums and post that Ice Knife sucks because it's a low percentage of your dmg. Even if you have encountered a bug, that doesn't explain why you guys don't secure good conditions for such tests first.

I don't know what you guys are doing there, but just looking at your data it's clear you either don't know what you are doing, don't think about what you're doing, or trying to do something other than present the real state of control wizard.
    And you won't have any other outcome if you try and test smoulder with critical conflagration slotted, since, as was pointed out, critical conflagration causes cold spells to prevent smoulder from proccing. There are also logs without critical conflagration slotted if you bother to look through the thread, which were generated after the issue was pointed out. You can see in those logs it is 6-9% and in the image without smoulder, you can quite clearly see that scorching burst was used, more than once. Furthermore, don't expect to see many smoulder ticks in these logs, when the duration of the boss fights are pretty much all under a minute of actual combat (They were all like 30 seconds of actual fighting but the log starts recording from before fighting starts) and smoulder only ticks once per second. If you run in a slower group, yes, it is a larger portion of your damage as it has more time to tick, but in an end game group it won't have much opportunity. The length of all these runs ranged from 14 minutes to 16 minutes, with the shortest run being 14:03 and the longest being 16:20, with CW as main dps. The boss fight were pretty much all under a minute with most of the damage being dealt in bursts, so you can't expect smoulder to play a major roll regardless.

Regardless of what happened in that particular image, feel free to discard it, if you wish. I included it because rather than show incomplete data, I thought I may as well include it and not try to hide the fact that something weird happened in that 1 specific boss fight. I could have been selective and left stuff out and you would be none the wiser.

If you feel these logs are skewed or something, feel free to recommend some other CW come along. I did these runs with the person I feel plays the class best, rather than run on CW myself, since imo @itbls gets more dps out of CW than anyone else I have ran with who plays the class. However, if you are magically expecting Smoulder to beat Storm Spell that isn't going to happen, even on paper in the ideal situation, Smoulder does 30% less damage than Storm Spell assuming an identical proc rate and doesn't benefit from the Soul Sight Crystal, which means in short burst fights it will perform a lot worse. The paragons are however a lot closer than before and I *think* MoF Oppressor will be the go to path for mod 13 as a hybrid dps support.

Here is another album, this time MoF thaum and MoF Oppressor, in both cases using Swath+CP. These are the various boss fights in ToNG.

What I think is more interesting however was Opp vs Thaum on trash fights, which you can see here.

How comes mof without smolder?

And general we see in your new tests rimefire smolder to be over 2% .
    Idk, I was wondering myself. You can see he casts scorching burst 5 times there and yet smoulder was not applied. Either way it was not really intentional and is more likely a result of a bug and not malicious intent on our part. You can see the ability that applies smoulder is used in the combat log, but for some reason its not there.

Also i have a question about this testing on targets i never saw something like this vs demons how comes this damage?

a quick test in castle never i cant make my mark of demon slayer deal any damage.

Here is a thread about an update to ACT that makes the mark damage register. It is in the combat log, the plugin was just out of date and never showed it.

SO the glyphs are 10% of the damage dealt from encounter-attwill-daily power not a flat 10% against demons for this case?
    @mamalion1234 they have always worked that way.
    THe log starts when someone takes damage -deal damage . I can understand this for orcus fight that you get damage and the log starts from the moment you get the bloody death.
    I can understand and about ras nsi since it does teleports.
    But what about whithers? Your timers are not under 30 seconds as you are saying at least on this boss.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Here is an album that shows screenshots of the damage distributions at various bosses of several tong runs we did on preview. Runs with SS Thaum, SS Oppressor and MoF Thaum at bosses. You can see Smoulder damage is still non existent and SS damage is down to 9% of our damage.

You have 12 rimfire ticks there. That's a shocker it didn't do much dmg. 12 smolder ticks and 4 Ice Knifes so for every 3 rimfire procs in the test there was 1 Ice Knife daily. Also, you have 13 disintegrates. So you have 13 Disintegrates, 4 Ice Knifes, 11 Chill Strikes... and 12 Rimfire procs, which should proc once per second.
    Well Done
    Try to "test" Ice Knife than, go into the fight and don't use it, and then go on forums and post that Ice Knife sucks because it's a low percentage of your dmg. Even if you have encountered a bug, that doesn't explain why you guys don't secure good conditions for such tests first.

I don't know what you guys are doing there, but just looking at your data it's clear you either don't know what you are doing, don't think about what you're doing, or trying to do something other than present the real state of control wizard.
    And you won't have any other outcome if you try and test smoulder with critical conflagration slotted, since, as was pointed out, critical conflagration causes cold spells to prevent smoulder from proccing. There are also logs without critical conflagration slotted if you bother to look through the thread, which were generated after the issue was pointed out. You can see in those logs it is 6-9% and in the image without smoulder, you can quite clearly see that scorching burst was used, more than once. Furthermore, don't expect to see many smoulder ticks in these logs, when the duration of the boss fights are pretty much all under a minute of actual combat (They were all like 30 seconds of actual fighting but the log starts recording from before fighting starts) and smoulder only ticks once per second. If you run in a slower group, yes, it is a larger portion of your damage as it has more time to tick, but in an end game group it won't have much opportunity. The length of all these runs ranged from 14 minutes to 16 minutes, with the shortest run being 14:03 and the longest being 16:20, with CW as main dps. The boss fight were pretty much all under a minute with most of the damage being dealt in bursts, so you can't expect smoulder to play a major roll regardless.

Regardless of what happened in that particular image, feel free to discard it, if you wish. I included it because rather than show incomplete data, I thought I may as well include it and not try to hide the fact that something weird happened in that 1 specific boss fight. I could have been selective and left stuff out and you would be none the wiser.

If you feel these logs are skewed or something, feel free to recommend some other CW come along. I did these runs with the person I feel plays the class best, rather than run on CW myself, since imo @itbls gets more dps out of CW than anyone else I have ran with who plays the class. However, if you are magically expecting Smoulder to beat Storm Spell that isn't going to happen, even on paper in the ideal situation, Smoulder does 30% less damage than Storm Spell assuming an identical proc rate and doesn't benefit from the Soul Sight Crystal, which means in short burst fights it will perform a lot worse. The paragons are however a lot closer than before and I *think* MoF Oppressor will be the go to path for mod 13 as a hybrid dps support.

Here is another album, this time MoF thaum and MoF Oppressor, in both cases using Swath+CP. These are the various boss fights in ToNG.

What I think is more interesting however was Opp vs Thaum on trash fights, which you can see here.

Idk, I was wondering myself. You can see he casts scorching burst 5 times there and yet smoulder was not applied. Either way it was not really intentional and is more likely a result of a bug and not malicious intent on our part. You can see the ability that applies smoulder is used in the combat log, but for some reason its not there.

Also i have a question about this testing on targets i never saw something like this vs demons how comes this damage?

a quick test in castle never i cant make my mark of demon slayer deal any damage.

Here is a thread about an update to ACT that makes the mark damage register. It is in the combat log, the plugin was just out of date and never showed it.

SO the glyphs are 10% of the damage dealt from encounter-attwill-daily power not a flat 10% against demons for this case?
    THe log starts when someone takes damage -deal damage . I can understand this for orcus fight that you get damage and the log starts from the moment you get the bloody death.
    But what about whithers? Your timers are not under 30 seconds as you are saying at least on this boss.
    @mamalion1234 the withers fight did not end properly in the combat log and recorded up until the last campfire (not including the last boss), which is why it is 2 minutes long as opposed to the first withers fight, which appears to be much shorter. I can try separate just that fight for you if you like. And as I said, if you feel like any of these logs are not representative of a CWs dps, feel free to volunteer any CW you like instead.
  • Options
    itbls said:

@thefabricant
    I can guarantee that Anri will outdps them even with exalt and bane on them.

IF that gf is that top is welcome to get the bane and the exaltation instead of a cw so the run to be even faster.
  • Options
    itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

itbls said:

@thefabricant

IF that gf is that top is welcome to get the bane and the exaltation instead of a cw so the run to be even faster.
    Why would they do that, not trying to speed run here trying to test run.
  • Options

Well Done

@mamalion1234 the withers fight did not end properly in the combat log and recorded up until the last campfire (not including the last boss), which is why it is 2 minutes long as opposed to the first withers fight, which appears to be much shorter. I can try separate just that fight for you if you like. And as I said, if you feel like any of these logs are not representative of a CWs dps, feel free to volunteer any CW you like instead.
    I volunteer u.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Well Done

I volunteer u.
    @mamalion1234 to clarify, are you volunteering me as main dps, or are you asking to be main dps? If you are volunteering me I will need to find another DC as I was on DC in that run, however, if you are volunteering yourself it should be fine.

If you are however volunteering me I see no point, I consider freedom to be better at playing the class than myself and I trust him to get more out of it than I do.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RlalRV4S8

(not really, but I couldn't resist)
  • Options
    itbls said:

@thefabricant

INteresting statement :
    lets see a bit live server some weak numbers.

protection paladin so no bane buff.

was 2 dc 1 gf not top enchants or critical 100% to make the maximum he could 1 op protection.

IF they dont outdps you then i have nothing to afraid.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    What are you trying to imply with those screenshots? I don't see Anri on the list.
    You do realise they nerf dc's on preview as well so no point on testing live servers and try to compete.
  • Options
    designedbyrng#4319 designedbyrng Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    @mamalion1234 Could you please explain what you mean. Those numbers have no context.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    itbls said:

What are you trying to imply with those screenshots? I don't see Anri on the list.
    You do realise they nerf dc's on preview as well so no point on testing live servers and try to compete.

And you get it back with primal weapon damage +primal damage 10% damage bonus.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

itbls said:

I don't have them unlock, Anri was using them though.
    You'd see bigger numbers if I did.
  • Options
    itbls said:

itbls said:

The screenshots was for your comment . if you need single target buffs to deal more damage than a gf then better give them to gf as anyone would do.

Back to the topic tests missing the most common gameplay . You always show how a damage dealer can stand in an endgame party. Good for u to have 24/7 meta parties super teamates.But this is not the case for most of the players.

ONE more note: Those tests not even mention renegade. Since you accept opressor as damage dealer you have to see and renegade.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

itbls said:

itbls said:

The screenshots was for your comment . if you need single target buffs to deal more damage than a gf then better give them to gf as anyone would do.

Back to the topic tests missing the most common gameplay . You always show how a damage dealer can stand in an endgame party. Good for u to have 24/7 meta parties super teamates.But this is not the case for most of the players.

ONE more note: Those tests not even mention renegade. Since you accept opressor as damage dealer you have to see and renegade.
    Well obviously everyone knows how OP GF's are but we weren't testing GF as we where trying to show you guys how storm,shatter, rimefire and smolder" looks with all buffs on cw.

I don't see why you trying to make me test renegade now. For renegade to do good dmg they have to get lucky and proc fury most of the time like you did on your live "test" and btw you only did 2/3rds of my dmg even with out those dc nerfs.
    Post edited by itbls on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    This thread was about CW changes in mod 13 and wasn't supposed to be a nest for arguing over who is the greatest CW in. If you want to run in the same group freedom did and show how "awesome" you are you are welcome to @mamalion1234 but otherwise I don't see what you are trying to achieve other than taking this thread offtopic.
  • Options

This thread was about CW changes in mod 13 and wasn't supposed to be a nest for arguing over who is the greatest CW in. If you want to run in the same group freedom did and show how "awesome" you are you are welcome to @mamalion1234 but otherwise I don't see what you are trying to achieve other than taking this thread offtopic.

Sorry sharp i'll stop now :smile:
  • Options

ok to topic : why no renegade comparisons?
  • Options

ok to topic : why no renegade comparisons?
    Because nothing in renegade got changed, we already know how renegade performs relative to thaum, this was a comparison of thaum relative to something that has changed.
  • Options
    cheesey#4444 cheesey Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    With the changes to Shatter Strike, would it be better to use Icy Terrain instead of Chill Strike on bosses?
  • Options

With the changes to Shatter Strike, would it be better to use Icy Terrain instead of Chill Strike on bosses?

It depends on the duration of the boss fights. For longer fights where you get time for many procs, Icy Terrain would be better however in shorter fights, Chill Strike will still win.
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

itbls said:

@thefabricant

INteresting statement :

was 2 dc 1 gf not top enchants or critical 100% to make the maximum he could 1 op protection.

smolder 145k damage while overal damage is 767kk???? Is that even working????
  • Options
    modlesie said:

itbls said:

@thefabricant

INteresting statement :

that is live. and is 1 hit smolder then converted to rimefire.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

modlesie said:

itbls said:

@thefabricant

INteresting statement :

There are only 34 rimefire procs in this log and yet it is 2 minutes 10 seconds long, seems like someone is falsifying the results for the performance of smoulder on live :P

All that log really shows is despite the fact that you claim we don't have many smoulder procs and are misrepresenting mof, you have them just as infrequently and so really you are just supporting our claims and not weakening them.
  • Options

modlesie said:

itbls said:

@thefabricant

INteresting statement :

There are only 34 rimefire procs in this log and yet it is 2 minutes 10 seconds long, seems like someone is falsifying the results for the performance of smoulder on live :P

All that log really shows is despite the fact that you claim we don't have many smoulder procs and are misrepresenting mof, you have them just as infrequently and so really you are just supporting our claims and not weakening them.
    But i have smolder-rimefire. And in one of your image is pretty weird 9 rimefire. First thing came in my mind about 9 rimefire is the conflagration since with that the tics become even lesser.
    Note that already reported something is not ok with smolder tic and preview and now today again live bug report.
  • Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Okay, give it to me straight.

Is this oppressor MoF build going to be any better for single target bosses? I feel like SS single target kind of lacks.I have a 16.3 CW but all these changes has me worried that we are going to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in damage now.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Also, I don't understand the drama over this. Guys, CW is in a good spot right now for what we could get from the development. Took couple of years, but finally some progress. Banging the head over it - not good.

My opinion is that the real issue and THE only problem that needs solving in the coming modules is the elite enemies mitigation of the controlling powers. Somehow, somewhere in the power mechanics of the elite mobs there an integer that messes with the controlling powers because it's interconnected to the damage reduction instead to be a separate power mechanic that deals with Controlling duration separately. This has been a big rock in the shoes for many CWs since MOD6.

My opinion is that I can't see any logic if someone wants to portray it as intentional since it makes no sense to cripple a class specific role where it needs the control THE most, and that it with the dangerous enemies which are found in elite dungeons.

This thing needs to be looked upon and worked with since it's the cornerstone, the very spine of what the CONTROL stands in the CONTROL WIZARD class.

Damage comes and goes, that's not the issue at all. Many ways currently to build amazing dps and many ways currently to figure several specs for the class and that's more than enough than some people have with other classes (like a GWF for instance who seriously lacks any solid 2nd build).
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I think the damage output of the control wizard will be fine, I hope so at least for my CW as well. If not there will be a lot of unhappy players here.
    My bigger fear is, that the majority of the player base doesn't read the forum here and is not aware they have to respec their toons in several loadouts. A lot of these players (not just CW's) will wake up to a bad surprise. On my toons I look at about one million AD's to change the loadout to reflect the changes and to remain competitive in endgame.
    Post edited by demolitioninc#2453 on
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    There's bound to be some free respects, and if not there's at least 15 of them due to the Winter Festival event which gave away free respecs in those Simril thingies.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

I think the damage output of the control wizard, I hope so at least for my On my toons I look at about one million AD's to change the loadout to reflect the changes and to remain competitive in endgame.

Lol, how can i get serious your posts when you are player who is spending milion ad for respec characters while after winter festiwal you can have it for free in big numbers, how can i be sure that you know anythig about game?^^
  • Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    @modlesie I have 4 respecc tokens left over from Winterfest, because I was waiting for the winterfrest it to correct some issues with my toons. Besides that, I wasn't playing winterfest full, guess why, I have a real life with family and friends.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance