test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR PvP mod 14. How to Archer. Updated - tl,dr version.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Never budged from my trailblazer weapons since mod10 tbh. Will try the pilgrim zenstore weapons next mod as I'm gonna buy the tiger companion anyway. Depending on the price of the new masterwork weapons I might change to those at a later point in the mod, but if we're talking millions etc. they can whistle.

Quite looking forward to mod13, the changes to long shot will give me more damage, which is nice.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Never budged from my trailblazer weapons since mod10 tbh. Will try the pilgrim zenstore weapons next mod as I'm gonna buy the tiger companion anyway. Depending on the price of the new masterwork weapons I might change to those at a later point in the mod, but if we're talking millions etc. they can whistle.

Quite looking forward to mod13, the changes to long shot will give me more damage, which is nice.

Ha ha how funny, I did the opposite and I skipped the Trailblazer equipment. I think that was the mod where NW became Euro Fishing Competition or something, so I skipped a lot of it.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Yeah, that was the one. Getting them was a pain, refining them to Orange was like a literal living hell. Was seeing Msva in my sleep lol.
    Anyways. Think I'm gonna swap my enchants back into pve mode and farm tong till the next mod drops. PvP was fun, but you keep running into the same faces all the time, which makes it less fun.

Thanx for all the interest, and your replies.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Are there any links for the new master craft weapons? I use my trailblazers and current master craft weapons.

One set is setup with Azures and the other Radiants. I tend to use the Trailblazers the most.

The trailblazers I completed in a single weekend. ;)
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Getting a bit fed up of PvP at the moment. Most peeple are now pulling out rings and permastuns on me...

I am fighting people and then shortly after I can no longer move or do anything as soon as 1 player hits with me an attack... then its just watching the screen waiting for death completely unable to move or do anything for 20 seconds.

PvP has just become a joke, every single HR I meet is trying to perma-stun to death and it really is pathetic. Then other classes are trying to do the same... It has become like the PvP of old where 80% of the game you can litterally do nothing at all.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Yea, same reasons here, despite it being flattering to have apparantly become enemy number one, in practice it's just an exercise in frustration.

Take a rest, change your name, come back in a month lol.
    OR....

Run the Elven and stun them back. Change to trapper and lock them for that match. Now you see why I use the Terror with the occasional rooting. Had a combat and trapper TRY to pin me down, I know what you're feeling.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    edited February 2018
    It is getting nasty with the stuns, more tunes are making my head spin. The pally burning light stun is awesome. I try to run away as soon as I see them inflate. I might have the most kills, I will have to confirm with three other toons. It seems not many peeps are playing solo, have not been in a PreM in nearly two weeks. I wish Siege or GG would pop more.

Edit: Saw a rogue with 4k+ kills, must not have a job. ;)
    Post edited by teucer#3019 on
    The Legendary Outlaws
    Hit a high of page 5 on the leader board yesterday.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    saw that gg
    Gave PvP a week break. I see new toons. I saw a toon with green gear and might have slotted four enchants. Never saw a pally flat-line so fast until last night.

I managed to reach the middle of page 1 awhile back. I might be on page 6 or 7 currently. I am chasing kills. I am sitting around a 1.8 ratio short of 3000 kills by 24. Second most as it seems a guild member has over 6k.

I am running a hybrid Archer with a faster rotation with rooting powers. Helps out a lot so others can give a wallop. Moreover, the longer I can pin toons under StS is definitely a plus. Makes for easy double-triple-quad kills.

The Legendary Outlaws
    edited February 2018
    Thanx jhpnw. :)

Gratz teucer. After about 600 matches I'm pretty much 300 wins 300 losses. 6000 or so kills, 6000 or so assists and about 3000 deaths. At the moment I seem rooted around page 10 just due to kill death etc. If we win a match, I go up a page, lose and I go back down.

The one thing I need now is the one thing I can't buy or grind... decent pug teams to play with.

Still playing straight high power crit arpen pf archer relying on deflect, stealth and mobility for defence.
  • eagle#6701 eagle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So it’s 2x glory on PS4 this weekend so I thought I’d give Archery PVP a go. It’s a blast! Once you get the hang of not being a trapper anymore (my main is a trapper sume build) and just range from distance it’s great.

To see a GWF just melt away is great fun, my k/d ratio is getting better every game now

• grizpygrizpy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello everyone! Few days ago i came back to arena and was a bit dissapointed with our shift and stealh mehanics. They became useless :(

I play Drider so don't know, if it were discussed already. But i have video proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvpumgUv5U

Watch it. As you see, i shifted GF skill, missed the damage, spent my stamina and get controled:lol And this happens very often with GF, CW and TR.

And about forest ghost - actually stelth don't work with TR and CW, so the only chance to survive is not working.

If someone know where to send my video as bug report - please do it.

Sorry for bad english
    Igor

BTW

You can see some videos of my SW HR pvp here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCesFX17vLh-aDgzzJ0MU5oA/videos?view_as=subscriber
    Yeah, afraid our dodge and forest ghost have always been buggy as hell. FG takes multiple presses to fire and dodges well, unless you spam them, they don't really work either.
    edited February 2018
    Well, my excuse is I was racing (liverc.com) at my local track, had not raced for ten years. There is usually a steady popping Q. I have been able to jump into PreM and solo q it. Last night GG and Siege popped. Arch is great for PvP.

Yeah, solo is dying because the whales are in it and is successfully q-syncing.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    edited March 2018
    Lol, new mod, reset leader board.

And so many HRs. 4 in one match about an hour ago. Getting so you can't move for an arrow in the back of the head.

Ended up with the pilgrim weapons at Orange, wow do they kick out a lot more damage. Early days yet, we'll see how it goes.
    edited March 2018
    How do you get the Pilgrim set? Any prereq's required to get them?

Not a bad bonus.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    edited March 2018
    I got the Chultan tiger pack and the offhand+keys pack off the Zen store, but you can probably buy the 2 packs off the AH, not sure though. They come at green so hope you have at least 450k rp saved up.

Primal weapons probably better for pve, but I think the pilgrim set with the auto-bonus is decent for archer pvp. Mainly because the heals in PvP are lousy, and won't trigger the primal set, and as archer, if you get hit for enough damage to trigger the bonus... chances are you'll die anyway.

Page 2, new record, for me anyway lol.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    Lots of new gear options with the hunts.

Atm. I'm using the oppressive action ring, and the enduring boots, both from makos. And chasing the eyestalk wraps. Maybe the manticore mane hat.

edited March 2018
    Okay, got the eyestalk wraps, so now, if stamina is full, and I've popped off a disrupptive... 9% base damage. Just killed 30 ppl in one match, we still goddamn lost ofc. I'm cursed.

And now have the manticore mane hat. Not sure how effective it is, but at least it has an lmmediate bonus rather than the Rex head's more gradual build up, which never made much of a difference outside of pve boss fights.
    So in the patch notes Longshot output was decreased. It's not a big deal?
    The Legendary Outlaws
    edited March 2018
    Because it now scales with your stats, it's actually an increase, roughly it does about double the damage it used to according to my act runs in pvp. Still nothing to write home about, but a solid boost all the same, much needed against the amazingly broken TR crowd.

And finally today a gravestriker +4 dropped, completing my new pvp pew-pew archer gear.

Manticore hat.
    Primal chest.
    Eyestalk gloves
    Enduring boots.
    Gravestriker+4
    Offensive action.

Goodbye geargrind, hello high k/d ratio.
    Nice!
    The Legendary Outlaws
    Note. Updated op for mod13.
    edited March 2018
    OP??

Figured it out.