test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What to do after reaching level 70.

Hey guys I started playing umm like.. last thursday with a total game time of like 80 hours lmao and I'm currently at level 69 almost 70, I'm doing the EE Campaign just there for the artifact, boons and some blue gears. I've read a couple of forums saying that I should worry about gear at 70 so I'm doing that, but I have no idea where to get gears (purple gears) and mystic if possible. I have literally no idea what I'm doing, at first I was just trying to get the trade, zone, chat n' stuff, but now I just want the lightning enchantment because it's super cool (I'm a CW btw) so yeah just wanted to get some tips/guides from you guys about what to do after I reach 70, I'm weak af, 45kHP and green gears I'm super useless in dungeons and skirmishes, thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• cortzeecortzee Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I think right now the best thing for a fresh 70 is to get league gear from the auction house. They make things a bit easier for you until you can get better stuff.

It'll cost quite a few ad, even if you're just getting a regular set and not an elite one, but the investment and grind should be worth it. For most classes I think it'll bump you up to 100k hp or thereabouts.

Also try to get a set of wootz mh/oh. Not sure if the cw version is called wootz but you should be able to search the mainhand category and look for the artifact weapons that cost 19k-22k ad

Hope that helps
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The main thing to do in this game after level 70 is to work on your character and progress through the various campaigns for boons so you can run bigger content.

Sharandar and Dread ring should be accessible to you at this point.

For weapons the chult weapons should be fairly cheap on the auction house, for other gear look in collections from the menu to find something that fits your budget, most pieces will be labeled with information about where to obtain it.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Do your daily dungeon and skirmish random runs. The AD is nice but you will also acquire "Protector Seals". These can be turned into the seals vendor in the Bazaar for items you can reconstitute. He trades epic item level 420 head, armor, arms, feet, and various rings.

The next thing to do is buy artifact main hand and off hand items from the AD store. The easy way to search for these using the advance search is click items usable by me and set the slot number to 3, then click on Equipment-Main and off hand and search. Green artifacts are going very cheap right now and they are pretty easy to get up to epic.

Make sure that you do not miss getting your free epic neck from Lord Neverember, you get this task from SGT. Knox.

Save up some AD and buy yourself either a rare or epic belt that matches your class as most will have DEX, CON, INT, etc bonuses.

You are also getting adventure seals as well. Turn those into the other seals vendor to get either more AD or rank 5 enchants. You should be pulling your daily free dungeon key to these.

BTW, you are not stuck with any of the appearances of any of these items. Don't like the way the armor looks, find any set and pay some AD to change it. Don't like the color, buy some dye and change the color (black is always in vogue).

As a side note, you missed the Winter fest where you can work to get an free epic mount. The Siege of Neverwinter is coming up soon, read up on that and participate to get a free epic Griffin mount.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    OK, get ready for a long list. Some of this is CW specific. And I am not discussing the options you really want here, just outlining what I think is the best options for a new 70 CW with limited effort required.

Boons: Make sure you do all campaigns and get all boons
    Guild: Make sure you are in a guild to get the guild boons.. they are REALLY nice once the guild is levelled a little. Also gives access to some guild gear.
    Hat/arms/armor/legs: Press ctrl-J and look under Chult. See what Chult armor pieces you can get, their locations are in the descriptions. You will not be able to get Primal or Huntsman gear yet. Blue Chult gear you can pick up off the AH. Another option is the restorable gear from the Protector Seal vendor. Note you can buy all parts to restore from vendor.
    Mainhand/offhand: Buy Chult crafted ones off AH, see ctrl-J. Around 20k AD each.
    Neck: Get a Company cloak with INT from your guild vendor
    Rings: Get power/crit rings from the Protector Seals vendor
    Belt: Greater Belt of Intelligence off AH
    Shirt/pants: I would suggest Underdark ones, see Underdark campaign store. You can also farm some from Folly, but stats on those are not very CW-ish.
    Artifacts: Again, the right ones will be expensive. Pick up cheap ones off AH, do not level them until you have replaced them with the ones you really want.
    Companions: These can be expensive beasts, at least for those you'll eventually want. For a start I'll just suggest fill up all your slot with cheap green or white ones from AH or gold store in PE. Try pick ones with stats you need(arpen/crit/power). Con Artist from gold store is a good option for active pet, it is generally being used for its debuff and it got easy-to-fill ring slots. *Do not level these, hold back on levelling companions until you have the ones you really want*(See CW guides)
    Summoned companion enchants and gear: ***Buy the best Bonding runestones you can afford***. Fill the gearslots with whatever you can find. Rings from Protector Seals vendor.
    Mounts: Fill the slots with cheap white mounts from gold vendor or cheap green ones from AH. Fill insignia slots with green insignias from AH. A purple mount purchased from Zen store is a good investment since it will be available to all your alts - chose one with +power.
    Enchants: You generally do not want one-stat enchants. Point payout is so much better with two- or three-stat enchants. As a general advice, go for +power +crit Brutal enchants, but change these depending on what stats you need. Levelling all enchants to r14 will be a long-term game :)
    Reinforcements: Don't bother until you have your 'final' gear.

From this starting point, the game will be about replacing the starting gear with recommended gear, levelling all artifacts and levelling all enchants. Lots to do for 2-3 years unless you put in heavy real money.

Note that some of these recommendations already are more or less the best you can/should get, since they are easy to get (Neck, belt, weapons, bonding stones)
  • thanatos#1110 thanatos Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    yeah so I'm level 70 now and I have 2 purple gears (hat and chest) I got it from the Seals trader. I have no idea what Chults are. I cannot survive in the Ice Wind dale because they're strong af. I have a pushy thing artifact it looks like a spear but it pushes enemies around me which is pretty cool, I got it from that old dude Neverember btw. My enchants are only level 5 because moderate and greater enchanting stones are freaking expensive, I also do not have any weapon enchants because getting Preservation wards or Coalscent wards are expensive, though I already have 24 lightning enchantments. My mount is only a tiger, and I only have 2 boons which is from the EE campaign umm Reclamation rock and Drowned Shore. I'm doing Archdruid's quest to get the cool Fire orb and talisman in The Fiery Pit. Been playing for 105 hours now

I am getting ready for the Siege of Neverwinter, getting purple gears as Fast as I can.

I wanna play the Tomb of The Nine Gods so bad but I need like 12,000 total gear level which I do not know how to get, I have like 5,000 atm.

I also have no idea what wootz are.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    12,000 item level is gonna take... a while.

Chult is the newest campaign area (don't try to go there yet!). The CW weapons from that area are not called Wootz, those are mostly melee weapons. The CW main hand weapon is the Teak Tamima and the off hand is the Teak Talasam. They each cost a little over 20,000AD on the auction house and are the best thing you can get in short order. You can eventually work on refining them up to level 35 (purple) which isn't too expensive but unlocks all their abilities. Don't even worry about max level on those.

The enemies in Icewind Dale are pretty tough too. At first, I'd recommend doing Sharandar and Dread Ring while you finish up the EE campaign for the boons and build up your gear. With some better gear you can try to ease into Underdark, Maze Engine, Tyranny of Dragons, and Icewind Dale. Storm King's Thunder, River District, and Chult should wait until the others are mostly done.

One trick though, if you can work your way into the River District area, is to get into a group (or just follow one around) doing the small heroic encounters and basically leech. These are GREAT sources of Seals of the Protector which can be used to buy quite good armor and rings (like Ostorian Ring of Dod).

Weapon and Armor Enchants are going to take a while to build up the money for. A tip for an armor enchant is to get a Lesser Soulforged when you can afford it. It's basically a recharging auto revive enchant that is perfectly fine without upgrading and will serve you well for the foreseeable future. I use them on most of my characters and I've been playing forever. Good weapon enchants are just expensive. It'll take a while building up the resources for them, but they're worth it.

For companions, a cheap effective tip is to get a Lillend companion and 3 Bonding runestones (rank 8 if you can afford it, but rank 7 will suffice). These are all super cheap right now because they drop like flies from Winter Fest bags. Lillends have 3 ring slots and rings are currently the best companion equipment. A little extra healing on the side is also nice at lower item levels too.

Currently, the best way to afford these things are to do a random skirmish and a random dungeon each day. You can get ~15k-20k AD a day this way.
  • cortzeecortzee Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    What's your @ name and char name? I'll help you when i get off work
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Enchanting stones can be farmed from the lairs in Dread Ring. A good reason to do Dread Ring :)

Note that enchanting stones do not drop on Mondays and Fridays.

Also, you will not get into Tong at 12k, not even if you played a DC :) The Tong groups generally ask for 15k+, and CWs are not very much in demand for Tong anyways.

Getting to 15k IL is not hard, it just takes a long time. Do all campaigns, get a guild with levelled boons, get r12-r13 on all enchants, level up companions, have 14-15 blue insignias, level all artifacts to max etc. It is doable, just time-consuming unless you put real money into it.
    I am still working on Elemental Evil which sucks because I'm still on Fiery Pit (can't kill those god damn ducks and blazes at the later part of the quest chain). Also looking forward to finish the 100 heroic encounters to get a cool main and offhand fire weapon. I have a ghost companion which I got from AH for like 30k ad and I regret it. I have like 99 lesser enchanting stones 99 moderate enchanting stones, and I forgot the other blue enchanting thingy. I make like 15k ad a day (i play 3 or 4 times a day), sometimes 20 if I sell gears. My @ name is Thanatos char name is Thanatos
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,149 Arc User
    Buy Chult weapons and blow off the Burning set.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    Yes, forget about getting 100 motes for the weapons (unless you are perfectionist that has to finish all the quest). That is a trap.

1. Those weapons are like 4 generations old.
    2. you can buy those weapons (if there is anyone still making them and selling them). I can even craft those weapons in may be 20 minutes.
    3. As mentioned, Chult weapon is cheap in AH. Chult weapon may not be the best but it is a lot better than elemental one and closer to the best.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Mostly just play with myself.

Wait wat
    Finished Elemental Evil, bought a Teak Weapon gives me 6,000 power so thats cool. I also started Dread Ring, Maze Engine, Tyranny of Dragons and Storm King's Thunder, I still can't solo Tyranny of Dragons because they hurt I stopped the quest Weapons of Fire (mote thing), dumping Elemental gears and I'm trying to get atleast a full set of purple gears, I make like 20k-28k AD a day(depends if I get salvageable rings) and yeah I'm doing great thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

btw do you guys know the right price to buy zen?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,149 Arc User
    On PC the zen is usually maxed out at 500 AD: 1 zen.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • orcaccounthahaorcaccounthaha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Elite league clothes are better than most purple gears predating them. Focus on getting those before looking at epic equipment.

Also look into mounts and insignia bonuses. They'll male well of dragons more manageable.

When you're in protector's enclave ask in zone chat for a level 16 ++ guild. They'll give you op boons.

Rank 7++ enchants are a must by 70.

Ioun stones aren't too bad either, as outdated as they are.