test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

uncontrollable walking bug

linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
This infection has arisen yet again after recently being fixed.

No, /walk and /walk0 or walk anything does not work

It only appears on my main gaming desktop and not my laptop. It also seems that it only occurs when i log out of my laptop and then into my desktop, and time isnt a factor in that it can be hours after that i relog into the desktop.

I replied to the previous email thread i had assuming that, that would be easier for the tech team to engage seeing the info was already there, but i was told to again come here. man o man.

Anywways its back.

This bug is known now here and to whoever read my info from the email thread from the last time, and this occured only a few days ago... and im not posting it anywhere else!

Im appaled that i resumed my level 12 VIP for 6 bloody months for more reasons than this walkng deficit that has now happened for the 3rd time covering the past 2 yrs.

Comments

• hargger#7173 hargger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Do you mean that your character keeps moving forward and the wasd keys don't work properly? That is my problem and NW support has told me they can't help me. It happens so many times and sometimes lasts for over a day. I have invested so much time. Does anyone have a suggestions on god f2p mmos that are as good as NW?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Do you have a gamepag/controller plugged into your gaming desktop? If so, try unplugging it. Gamepads/controllers are known to cause exactly this issue in Neverwinter.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Second the notion that the issue lies in some peripheral... Keys sometimes get wore out

We can try to help troubleshoot, but since this is a forum where you'd seek help from the community, we don't know what's in your emails to support, so if there's any important info, fill us in

Chances are, someone here can help you find a solution
  • hargger#7173 hargger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yes I have a controller with xpadder. I cannot use M & K because of arthritis. So you're saying I need to find a different game?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I can cure your arthritis.
    Whisper me in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Yes I have a controller with xpadder. I cannot use M & K because of arthritis. So you're saying I need to find a different game?

You might need to just tweak the sensitivity of the thumbsticks to get it so it doesn't constantly trigger you moving when you're not trying to. Unfortuantely, all three Cryptic Games have issues with most Controllers. Many need to be calibrated specifically for the game because of the sensitivity issues with the thumbsticks.