test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trans Thunderhead

thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
I currently use lesser soulforge on my OP because, to be honest, it's cheap and armor enchants seem a low priority. With 12b coming to Console I am thinking about levelling up an armor enchant in the future. A guildmate was using Trans Thunderhead in MSVA today and it looked pretty cool.

Anyone have experience with it on a Pally Tank? How is the damage? How useful is the stun? I tried a rank 8 on my GF and it didn't seem to do much. How is it at transcendent?

Comments

• Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I have heard, very, very, very good things about it on a Devotion Paladin. I can't speak to the protection side of the world.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If the enemy is doing 0 damage to you and you are giving him damage just from enchantment... it's a win win....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    > @veywiil#8685 said:
    > I have heard, very, very, very good things about it on a Devotion Paladin. I can't speak to the protection side of the world.

My guildmate was running devotion now that you mention it. Does it interact with one of the devotion powers? Before we even started he was doing something to put on a light show.
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Let's just say that a Trans Thunderhead does very, very, very good things on a Devotion Paladin.....(unless you are prone to seizures).
  • Options

My guildmate was running devotion now that you mention it. Does it interact with one of the devotion powers? Before we even started he was doing something to put on a light show.

I haven't done any testing yet, although @rubytrue has used one (might still be), and has nothing but good things to say about trans thunderhead. I am assuming it interacts with one of our abilities we run. I could take some guess but would rather run numbers before posting hunches.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I haven't done any testing yet, although @rubytrue has used one (might still be), and has nothing but good things to say about trans thunderhead. I am assuming it interacts with one of our abilities we run. I could take some guess but would rather run numbers before posting hunches.
    I recently sold my Trans Thunderhead; I still love it and might even consider it BiS for a Burnadin, but I was able to sell it for a 50% premium over what I bought it for....

I was never sure what made it proc so often, I only knew that it was proccing constantly...and when I say constantly, I mean it procced so much that I really couldn't see the screen sometimes.... That said, it would only proc like that in groups so I would venture to guess that it somehow interacted with either Bond or Vow (maybe prism?).....

Although I can't verify it for sure, I would also say that it seemed like it really helped to pump up my damage quite a bit to the point of perhaps overcoming our recent nerfs.

FWIW, I had it paired with a Trans Lightning.....
  • Options
    Whatever my clan mate was doing he was doing out of combat. He may have been spamming Divine call or possibly bane. I remember him repeatedly raising his arm like those two animations. Everytime he did his Thunderhead animation activated. It was pretty impressive.
  • Options
    just1rndmdad#7709 just1rndmdad Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Sw maybe?
  • Options
    ase#2329 ase Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    tested Unp.Thunderhead with 16.3k protection pally in pvp.
    It procs a lot, and I mean a lot !
    Not sure if it is really useful considering what you need to do to kill somebody in pvp but well... I can say it is working well even on protect.
    If I have some time I'll test it in TONG... I usually run with T.Neg and previously with T.Elven (which works quite well in MSP btw) so I'll see how it goes with Thunderhead
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I tried Pure Thunderhead on Devo pally and it looks it procs almost constantly. But only looks that way. I checked Advanced combat tracker and dmg (sparks and thunderhead) was about 1% and it proc about 60x in whole ETOS. And its visual effect is very unpleasant for my eyes. I dont think Trans. and Unp. version are much better.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    ACT tests previously showed that Fireburst did a lot more damage than Briartwine and Frostburn, I'd be interested to see how it performs against a Thunderhead.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Don't have a Thunderhead yet as I've only recently added a negation enchant but have run with other folks using them. Sounds like I should give them a looksee. My only problem with them are the visuals which, in certain circumstances, mask the red zones which leads to an exhilrating rez experience. Kinda wish the devs would tone that down.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Has anyone figured out how to multi proc the thunderhead? Trying to figure it
  • Options
    > @eclipseblood#1326 said:
    > Has anyone figured out how to multi proc the thunderhead? Trying to figure it

I could only get it to do it in group content as a DevOP....
  • Options
    theopvtheopv Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    @rubytrue , I found by using a "prism" build, using a daily then hitting vow of emnity, using bond of virtue and then running off a set of burning light the thunderhead (even at pure) went mad. If you are running in a group then just by hitting a daily, running BoV and then marking whatever they are all hitting with vow of emnity the result is exponentially more explosive, so much so that guildies first thought it was awesome then, once the novelty had worn off, asked me politely to remove it because they couldn't see anything! Its even funnier if you use the eye of the giant as you have a huge character multi proccing this huge ball of lightning. Could not see the boss at all! Kind of pointless but made me chuckle. I tried to work out if I was getting any extra damage from it and from the combat log nothing jumped out.
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    We ran some act test in t2 dungeons when a buddy got a trans thunderhead in a trade... In a whole eToS it did something like 60k damage ... Impressive, and disruptive, visual but kinda crappy ...
  • Options
    @etelgrin Thanks for your work on testing that. It brings up a few interesting points that I'd like to know (not that you need to test them). More food for thought if anyone reading this has answers or wants to help test. I'd test it myself but don't have 4mil+ to drop on one.
    • Does Divine Protector count as a 'hit' (I'm assuming it works just like AoV)?
    • Survivor's Wraps? Would that reflect damage on yourself, causing a loop?
    • Further extension of the above... Does it work on DoTs that are inflicted upon you?
    • Which part was multi proccing? The AoE stun part, or the normal smaller reflect amount.
  • Options
    ambulatesambulates Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    survivor wraps does not reflect on yourself @veywiil#8685
  • Options
    I am torn about armor enchants. I was interested in Thunderhead and Briartwine but the damage is so insignificant. If I tank 10 million damage in T9G with a Briartwine then I get about 500k extra damage. That is insignificant when I usually do 300m to 400m+ in a T9G run. It is like a .01% damage boost.

I think I will just stick with Soulforge.