test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Refinement Points Event! - Details are wrong

13»

Comments

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    neirgara said:

Nobody is complaining about the event. Free rp is free to. The difference is the fact that this event used to be a huge deal, savings millions of rp. It was something to look forward too. Now it's just....meh. people are just desperate for things to look forward too these days and one of them has been removed.

There will always be a cap on things like this. They will NEVER uncap it...cause then people will just sit and camp spawns all day with a book holding down their attack key or whatever.

The analogy of a boss offering extra pay is not right. A better analogy would be that you used to get double time for working weekends...and now you just just get paid normally and the boss brings in donuts. Still special, but not as special.

Several are complaining.

And I think, you miss, that this event is not a substitute for 2xRP but an addition.

The new RP requirements of all items have been halved, which results in 2xRP being in effect all the time.

So, there is absolutley nothing to complain about. Except perhaps the "drop rate", which really is bad. But I'm ok with that, as it is quite possible, that someone responsible assessed is wrong or made a mistake. Let's take it as a first try with the hope for later adaption.
    And what you miss is that stuff is giving 1/5 of what it used to. If I wanted to use a mythic artifact into another of the same type, it would refine it all the way, now IIRC it gives a paltry amount.

Similarly an artifact weapon that was legendary into another assuming you didn't get lucky and crit, one stack of sapphires would refine it to leg at 2xRP, it's a LOT more now.

Lack of feeders hugely outweighs the halving on the artifacts, and makes it horribly expensive to replace artifact weapons.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

I can now say this RP bonus does not work properly, at least not the way I think it should. I did 3 toon and wrote down the balance before and after a random queue skirmish.

TR did Dread Ring. Top dps. Killed the most. RP gain 8.
    SW did Master of the Hunt. Top dps. Killed the most. RP gain 26.
    The kicker: GWF did throne. Top dps by a FAR margin and killed the most. RP gain: 0.

Then, now I understand what that cap means. It means if your RP balance is over 40K, you will get nothing.
    The GWF is the one that has more than 40K RP in bank.

So, I conclude the 40K cap is about your RP balance and not about how much you earn by killing things.

Update: I spend some RP from the GWF so that his RP is below 40K and went to do some influence run. Now, he can earn some RP by killing stuff.

That implies if you have million RP (in point form) kept in your bank for the future (such as waiting for ward, mark, etc), you can't earn any RP in this event.

I converted RP last night, had a balance of 300k+ and was still getting bonus RP from RD dailies. 329rp to be exact.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

I can now say this RP bonus does not work properly, at least not the way I think it should. I did 3 toon and wrote down the balance before and after a random queue skirmish.

TR did Dread Ring. Top dps. Killed the most. RP gain 8.
    SW did Master of the Hunt. Top dps. Killed the most. RP gain 26.
    The kicker: GWF did throne. Top dps by a FAR margin and killed the most. RP gain: 0.

Then, now I understand what that cap means. It means if your RP balance is over 40K, you will get nothing.
    The GWF is the one that has more than 40K RP in bank.

So, I conclude the 40K cap is about your RP balance and not about how much you earn by killing things.

Update: I spend some RP from the GWF so that his RP is below 40K and went to do some influence run. Now, he can earn some RP by killing stuff.

That implies if you have million RP (in point form) kept in your bank for the future (such as waiting for ward, mark, etc), you can't earn any RP in this event.

I have 1.3m and I am getting rp in 10-15 point chunks in Chult. fyi
    Then, I can't explain how that works. I have another toon that has over 100K RP and also got 0 RP doing RQ skirmish. May be the area matters.

Edit: Since there are enough people debunked my 'theory' and my 'conclusion' was only based on the observation of what I experienced with 5 toon so far, it is pretty safe to say my 'theory' is wrong. Sorry about that.
    Sorry I debunked it and posted about it again lol Now that I've read more I should have left it alone :)
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Several are complaining.

And I think, you miss, that this event is not a substitute for 2xRP but an addition.

The new RP requirements of all items have been halved, which results in 2xRP being in effect all the time.

So, there is absolutley nothing to complain about. Except perhaps the "drop rate", which really is bad. But I'm ok with that, as it is quite possible, that someone responsible assessed is wrong or made a mistake. Let's take it as a first try with the hope for later adaption.

And what you miss is that stuff is giving 1/5 of what it used to. If I wanted to use a mythic artifact into another of the same type, it would refine it all the way, now IIRC it gives a paltry amount.

Similarly an artifact weapon that was legendary into another assuming you didn't get lucky and crit, one stack of sapphires would refine it to leg at 2xRP, it's a LOT more now.

Lack of feeders hugely outweighs the halving on the artifacts, and makes it horribly expensive to replace artifact weapons.

Yes, feeding is not possible anymore.

I did not miss it. It just was not part of the argument.

If you take a closer look on what I quoted and wrote, you will see, that the argument is "In the past we had 2xRP and now we have this event instead, which is worse" and that my argument is "This event is no substitute, since 2xRP still is in effect", which is true.

There is no mention or involvement of feeding.