test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Refinement Points Event! - Details are wrong

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    bawkru said:

woot pay to win event i like these now i just need 50 leadership alts that are lvl 70 and i can get something from this event

Sigh! You don't even understand what this event does. Leadership alts will not give you anything from this unless you spend time to play these 50 alts to kill stuff in these 6 days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I am more stoked that the event starts on a Wednesday. I work 4 12-hr shifts on Thur-Sun not including travel time, so an extra day to participate is a welcome bonus for me.
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    So what is happening:
    They have a new RP system in place, they have trialed it as a new currency and wish to roll it out in live. They have billed it as a event, it's in ADDITION to the other normal ways you can get RP. A RP currency added to your RP pool automatically as you kill mobs within 7 levels of your character. Being cautious, they capped it at 40k per L70 character for the event, they want to make sure it is WAI and isn't some horrible exploit-fest, that they have to roll back with all the headaches and bad press that would entail.

So the whining and carping? Not needed or deserved. It's not world shattering RP true, but it's in addition to something you are doing anyway to sweeten the process. I imagine once they have seen it function correctly and not exploitable they might up or remove the cap in the future. Maybe even monetize it like the XP boosters.

Jeez, your boss comes in and tells you he likes the way you work with vim and vigor with a smile and offers you a weekend bonus to pay....and you start complaining about his kindness? Your poopie breath is why you don't get more kisses.....

My question is: In RQ, will the mobs count as 7 levels if you are L70 in a low level dungeon? It re-levels you to the start dungeons level,,,so are you within 7 levels?
  • anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2017

anguskart said:

rafaelda said:

anguskart said:

So its not really an "event" at all then. Just a way to make us fill up our inventories with gems we can't use until its over.

The event wont give you gems, it will give you small amounts or RP on killing foes, it goes to your RP currency directly...
    I know it wont give gems, but the gems we DO normally get will probably also add to the cap so we will have to save them to convert after the event.
    I doubt it. This is a brand new mechanic - giving Rp points directly - so I'm sure they just put a cap on that mechanic. If they put a cap on all RP gains for the event, that would be silly and be the first time in history they actually made it harder to gain the currency that the event is trying to double.
    As you said, its a new mechanic, and they have done nothing to explain it. We don;t know how it will work yet.

The fact that they limit it to 40 k spread over 6 days when you can easily make that in far less time kind of proves they didn't put much thought into it.
  • chadd02chadd02 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    40k per character and we used to be able to max an artifact. I guess a rank 11 to 12 for 1 character is what 40k covers? Maybe 2? You guys really know how to stick it to the players. WIN THE HEARTS !!!! sigh
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    40k cap extra refinement just for playing is ok with me!

Honestly the new RP system is OP anyways. Sure someone will want to stick a pitchfork up my HAMSTER for saying that but if your running QM, DH, and Wanderers your set! Last 2xEnchants I had more R6s/R7s than I knew what to do with and still have a few mil RP sitting on a toon waiting to upgrade enchants.

Devs, you can't please everyone, but I'm happy with the event! Cheers!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It took me about 3 weeks to get a green Soul Sight Crystal to mythic. Yeah, the new system is far and away better than the old system.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I ranked 3 artifacts, 2 artifact gear, and 2 weapon sets from purple to orange in under 3 weeks and now headed toward teal on the artfacts.... with the old system this would have taken FOR-EV-ER... I for one aplaud the devs.. thank you for the new system and thank you for the bonus points this weekend :smiley:
  • talan5talan5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The refinement process, as it changed, is fantastic! I was able to finally refine things that seemed previously unattainable (for me). This event doesn't cap what you refine with any gems or items, but rather bonus RP for just killing stuff. Gotta agree with many here that things are better, this is a great bonus event, and people just like to complain when they clearly don't understand things (like math). Refining is better than any good ol' x2 RP days (that totally sucked to have to manage).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Well, it's not a major event, but hey...it's a welcome addition. When the new refinement system went live, converted everything I had hoarded, and ended up with around 3 million RPs - enough for my immediate need. An additional 40.000 is not going to make a real difference, but hey...it is something you just for doing stuff you would be doing normally anyhow. Why complain?

Meanwhile I am just hoarding 6 or 7 different boxes, waiting for the next 2xEnchants event
    Hoping for improvements...
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

I ranked 3 artifacts, 2 artifact gear, and 2 weapon sets from purple to orange in under 3 weeks and now headed toward teal on the artfacts.... with the old system this would have taken FOR-EV-ER... I for one aplaud the devs.. thank you for the new system and thank you for the bonus points this weekend :smiley:

Absolute rubbish, previously it took VERY little RP with feeder artifacts, also most people ranked up artifact weapons/gear by refining their old ones in for which you now get next to nothing. This costs a fortune in extra RP if you did it intelligently before with matching bonuses.

well its looking like 40k cap won't be an issue. I doubt many will hit 40k. :)
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    A chance at getting one or two points every time you kill some mobs , maybe the occasional 10 if it crits or something..

playtime vs incoming RP

I would say you are right :tired_face:
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • talan5talan5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have to change my mind now, sadly, as the RP you gain is garbage. Did 45 minutes of non-stop farming (of high level mobs) and got 500 RP. Not worth the time, and just doing what I regularly do each day on a character will net less than that for sure. So in the end I'll likely have earned 5k RP - what a joke! Thanks for the craptastic rate - useless cap in this case.
    I couldnt find any indicator of how many points Ive gained from the "event", other than the usual rp total.
    I have a bad feeling the cap is going to affect all rp points during the event.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    10-12 RP per kill as a lv 70 in lv 70+ content, playing any scaled down content or leveling character will reduce reward to only 2-3 RP per kill. While soloing i got rp once per 20 or so mobs, in group content rewards are pretty much nonexistent even if you get plenty of kills. So you only need to kill about 72 000 + lv 70 or higher mobs on your own to get the amazing 40k rp cap on one character.

Capped out both my Wanderer's Fortune and Dragon Hoard's on 2 chars before i even approached 100 rp from this *bonus* rp *event*. I don't even care about most events since they are all useless apart from double enchants but this one is supposed to be a replacement for double rp events? Insulting is the word that comes to mind.
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Just came here to say this RP event is useless, in 1hour you get 100rp!!! For this it was better deves never do it this event.
    edited November 2017
    anguskart said:

I couldnt find any indicator of how many points Ive gained from the "event", other than the usual rp total.
    I have a bad feeling the cap is going to affect all rp points during the event.

You get 0 "direct RP" when you are not in this event.

When this event is not running, the only RP you can get are those you convert from "RP item" yourself manually.
    Unless you are talking about you won't see any "RP item" drops, this cap has nothing to do with the RP items you get.
    Write down the amount of RP you have. Come back to check the difference later. Don't convert any RP item. Then, you know how much extra RP you get from this event.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited November 2017
    Uhh, thanks for the lesson, but I know how to subtract. That wasn't the point.
  • nannhynannhy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    how does one go about charging 2500 Zen.. i see no option for this.
    edited November 2017
    I can now say this RP bonus does not work properly, at least not the way I think it should. I did 3 toon and wrote down the balance before and after a random queue skirmish.

TR did Dread Ring. Top dps. Killed the most. RP gain 8.
    SW did Master of the Hunt. Top dps. Killed the most. RP gain 26.
    The kicker: GWF did throne. Top dps by a FAR margin and killed the most. RP gain: 0.

Then, now I understand what that cap means. It means if your RP balance is over 40K, you will get nothing.
    The GWF is the one that has more than 40K RP in bank.

So, I conclude the 40K cap is about your RP balance and not about how much you earn by killing things.

Update: I spend some RP from the GWF so that his RP is below 40K and went to do some influence run. Now, he can earn some RP by killing stuff.

That implies if you have million RP (in point form) kept in your bank for the future (such as waiting for ward, mark, etc), you can't earn any RP in this event.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    this event is garbage, you average maybe 1-1.5 rp per enemy killed, to hit the cap of 40k you would have to kill roughly one enemy every second for the entire 5 days
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If that's the true rate of gaining event RP, then the 40k cap is just there to prevent people from grinding it 24/7 with a bot. They don't expect anyone to actually get there without automation.

To those focused on people complaining about free RP.....look, I get it, its free RP and you should not complain about free stuff. That said, read between the lines - why bother having an event that essentially gives you the equivalent of 1 stone dropped from an enchant? Why bother wasting resources programming something to drop RP at a rate like this?

I imagine they will bump it up the next time, but something seems very, just, odd about all this. Why program it and not just mail everyone a emerald and call it a day? Why have 2 caps for below level cap and level 70s, since its obviously only for bot protection?...like I said, its just odd.
    edited November 2017
    Did 5 weekly AD runs. Total direct RP gain: 168. Less than 4 piece of green junk.
    RP gain from converting green junk: 700.
    One may as well spend the time to make sure picking up every green piece.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

I can now say this RP bonus does not work properly, at least not the way I think it should. I did 3 toon and wrote down the balance before and after a random queue skirmish.

The kicker: GWF did throne. Top dps by a FAR margin and killed the most. RP gain: 0.

Then, now I understand what that cap means. It means if your RP balance is over 40K, you will get nothing.

So, I conclude the 40K cap is about your RP balance and not about how much you earn by killing things.

Update: I spend some RP from the GWF so that his RP is below 40K and went to do some influence run. Now, he can earn some RP by killing stuff.

That implies if you have million RP (in point form) kept in your bank for the future (such as waiting for ward, mark, etc), you can't earn any RP in this event.

I have 1.3m and I am getting rp in 10-15 point chunks in Chult. fyi
    edited November 2017

I have 1.3m and I am getting rp in 10-15 point chunks in Chult. fyi
    Then, I can't explain how that works. I have another toon that has over 100K RP and also got 0 RP doing RQ skirmish. May be the area matters.

Edit: Since there are enough people debunked my 'theory' and my 'conclusion' was only based on the observation of what I experienced with 5 toon so far, it is pretty safe to say my 'theory' is wrong. Sorry about that.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Its the first time the event has run. I'm sure they will tune it higher in the future (although there will STILL be people bitching that its not *perfect*).
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Nobody is complaining about the event. Free rp is free to. The difference is the fact that this event used to be a huge deal, savings millions of rp. It was something to look forward too. Now it's just....meh. people are just desperate for things to look forward too these days and one of them has been removed.

There will always be a cap on things like this. They will NEVER uncap it...cause then people will just sit and camp spawns all day with a book holding down their attack key or whatever.

The analogy of a boss offering extra pay is not right. A better analogy would be that you used to get double time for working weekends...and now you just just get paid normally and the boss brings in donuts. Still special, but not as special.

Several are complaining.

And I think, you miss, that this event is not a substitute for 2xRP but an addition.

The new RP requirements of all items have been halved, which results in 2xRP being in effect all the time.

So, there is absolutley nothing to complain about. Except perhaps the "drop rate", which really is bad. But I'm ok with that, as it is quite possible, that someone responsible assessed is wrong or made a mistake. Let's take it as a first try with the hope for later adaption.