test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swords of Chult Preview Patch Notes: NW.90.20171107g.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
Chult
  • Merchant Prince's Folly: Archer guards are no longer stuck holding their bow drawn after combat ends.
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods
    • Players must now successfully "Find Temple Entrance" before they can unlock the related respawn campfire and open the door.
    • Players now consistently receive loot from the final boss if they die during a successful attempt.
    • Respawn locations have been updated for a smoother experience when dying.
General
  • Various minor text issues have been addressed.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Cancelling a power with charges before the attack goes off no longer incorrectly consumes a charge.
  • Guardian Fighters and Oathbound Paladins should no longer sometimes activate their Block / Sanctuary powers without gaining the benefits.
Companions
  • Lightfoot Thief: This companion's Active Companion Bonus no longer ticks several extra times on the first damage tick.

Items and Economy
Artifacts
  • The Skull Lord Staff now properly deals an appropriate amount of damage based on its tooltip.
General
  • All Chult rings no longer give their triggered stat buffs to Companions.
  • Attempting to salvage some gear no longer incorrectly shows the Convert Refinement Points window.
  • Black Ice Crafting: The Guardian Fighter task for Elemental Alliance Assault Greaves now actually exists, functions, and requires Alliance Assault Greaves.
  • Pioneer Equipment can now properly be purchased for other classes from the vendor in Port Nyanzaru.
  • Sandy's Assault Pants
    • The dazing effect of Sandy's Assault Pants is no longer applied intermittently.
    • A placeholder buff icon is no longer displayed while the effect is on cooldown.
  • The epic dungeon Kessell's Retreat no longer has a chance to grant more Astral Diamonds than expected.
Zen Market
  • Dragonborn Race Reroll Bundle can now only be purchased once per account, as there's a separate Race Reroll purchase for 1500 Zen.
    • This bundle is also unable to be purchased if the player had already purchased the Dragonborn Legend Pack.

User Interface
Guild
  • A player's handle is now displayed in Guild Activity and Donation Log entries.
  • Alts can now properly be added to the guild if it is at max players, but not max characters.
  • Guild Management: Search now properly shows its results immediately.
  • Resource values are now displayed in Donation Log entries.
  • The commands "ExportGuildActivityLog", "ExportGuildBankLog", and "ExportGuildDonationLog" now exist.
  • When a search in the Guild Logs is cleared, it actually clears the search string in the box too.
  • When searching for guilds, there is now an option to choose whether to show only guilds with someone online who has invitation privileges.
Inventory
  • When Inventory Icon Size is set to Small, items can now properly be moved between the Bank (or Guild Bank) and the inventory.
Options
  • Completionists rejoice / lament! There's now an option under HUD settings to show low-level contact indicators, for things such as low-level quests.
Refinement
  • Artifact Equipment is no longer automatically included when selecting "Choose convertible equipment" in the Refinement Point Conversion window.
  • The end of the Refinement bar now properly shows endcap art.
  • When refining in bulk, it now shows a prompt if the player has an item with slotted enchantments, kits, or jewels.

Art, Animation, and Audio
Animation
  • Bulette mount: The spawn-in animation should now be smoother.
  • Civilians should sink into the ground less frequently when walking up stairs.
  • Deinonychus mount: Several clipping issues have been addressed or improved.
  • Gas Spore mount: The spawn-in animation no longer double-plays.
Character Art
  • The "Layered" hairstyle no longer stretches in weird ways while on a mount.

Localization
General
  • Several minor localization issues have been addressed in French, German, Italian, and Russian locales.

Tools
Demo Play
  • The camera path editor should hopefully be available again.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Looks good!

I would like to say that while "Artifact Equipment is no longer automatically included when selecting "Choose convertible equipment" in the Refinement Point Conversion window." is great, a similar fix should be put in place for Weapon and Armor Enhancements. I don't know where the threshold is but Lessers will be added automatically.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Figured it would only be a matter of time before the Chult rings got 'adjusted'. Oh well.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    I really appreciate the charge changes. This will create a lot more diversity to use those powers with charges without charges being consumed incorrectly. The fixes to the GF and OP are appreciated. Thank you!
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Hi @terramak,

Any news about blue gear to convertible equipment?
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    terramak said:

General

• Pioneer Equipment can now properly be purchased for other classes from the vendor in Port Nyanzaru.
    My alts will finally get new gear. Thanks!

• metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    The option to buy in bulk in all shops would be nice instead of having to spam in order to say spend all my seals/bounty items
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
  • dragonlancer#8992 dragonlancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Sry to nitpick on small things, but Chult boons still won't give proper IL increase. Is it so hard to fix?

Otherwise many good fixes/improvements, ty.

@terramak
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    terramak said:

Companions

• Lightfoot Thief: This companion's Active Companion Bonus no longer ticks several extra times on the first damage tick.
    @terramak This doesn't fix the unintended values of bleed ticks (which don't scale to weapon base damage), right? Any chance you will fix this too?

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @terramak "All Chult rings no longer give their triggered stat buffs to Companions.", is it the effects from the rings or the stable stats awell? clarify this please.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    The Guild Activity log isn't WAI. It doesn't tell you the player/handle who invited/kicked it just states the name of the guild instead. Can this be fixed?
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Thanks for the guild UI fixes!!!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    @brewald - There's a change to that in internal testing, but it's scary enough that I wanted to get additional testing before including it in this build. I believe we're gonna go live with it in the next few weeks, though.

@arcanjo86 - The "Equip" stats and Enchantment slot stats will still apply to the companion, but things like "+1000 Power when you do a thing" will not.

@aerthyn - Thanks for the heads-up, I'll make sure people know.

@kopros666 - It's possible, but I'm not aware if we're targeting it. I'll let folks know.

Thanks!
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    @terramak

Is this live tomorrow? I see the launcher telling me we have maintenance tomorrow Tuesday Nov 21st!
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    @terramak , can we get an update on the TR rework? Not much word in a long time... like, months. If I missed something, let me know please.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    @terramak, if you guys could fix this bug before M13 that would be awesome.

It's the bug where, as soon as combat ends, my companion goes and attacks a nearby group that I haven't engaged. It's getting really tiresome.

I've tested this many times and I've verified that dodging has nothing to do with it. It seems that, for around 3 seconds after combat ends, my companion will attack anything within a certain radius -- one that seems to be roughly twice as large as the distance I would have to be to aggro them. To prevent it, as soon as I see him charging at a group, I have do dodge away from them before he can close the distance.

It's making doing dailies a real chore.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    how do we get the new ExportGuildDonationLog commands to work? what is the set up to get the logs to download and where do they go? do i just type /ExportGuildDonationLog in the command line?

• blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    zularose said:

how do we get the new ExportGuildDonationLog commands to work? what is the set up to get the logs to download and where do they go? do i just type /ExportGuildDonationLog in the command line?

try /exportguilddonationlog nameyouwnattogiveit.csv

It should be saved in the games "Live" folder under neverwinter/ARC
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    @terramak The guild bank export is great, but it doesn't say if the interaction was a deposit or a withdrawal. While I can work it with a bit of effort it would be great if this information was included.

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.