test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Disconnects from Server

Comments

• jemini#7245 jemini Member Posts: 7 Arc User

I've also noticed problems with the launcher. When I click "Play" there is at best a 50/50 chance I'll get the Cryptic loading screen. The rest of the time it silently fails and I have to restart the launcher. It's taken as many as 5 times to connect.

I am having the same issue.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Thank you terramak and I do hope that all is fixed.

Players are disconnecting again and crashing to desktop. One guy in zone chat crashed/disconnected 9 times in 15 mins. I just disconnected on a very very reliable hardwire Cat 5 connection @nitocris83

After multiple tries at game loader, I get in the game to experience this too! hehe
  • gamerzoid101gamerzoid101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Also having some server disc issues
    OH! Here you are! FYI, there is another thread in NW Discussions about this.....thought I'd let you know.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    terramak said:

Thanks again @tripsofthrymr for escalating!

Here's what we're looking at right now:

After clicking Play, the game client doesn't launch.
    We've got folks looking into this one, and hope to be able to resolve it without a new game build. As mentioned before, workarounds seem to be:
    * Reopen the launcher and try again until it patches something and lets you in game.
    * Use the "Force Verify All Files" tool in the Launcher options. (This can take 10 minutes or more.)

This one is due to the PhysX3 files being missing :(
    terramak said:

The disconnects should be ending in a few minutes. We're restarting ALL maps with this fix, so everyone will be disconnected. It will likely take a try or two to get back into the game after that.

Good Luck!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

OH! Here you are! FYI, there is another thread in NW Discussions about this.....thought I'd let you know.

Pretty sure I got that one merged in here too, but thanks for the heads up!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    whoohoo, now I cant even get the launcher to start. Giving in my password, click play and nada at all.
    Not gonna try playing via Arc startup cause of the bullcrap it can give with some arc pop up that renders gameplay impossible.
  • sjk2603sjk2603 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    20.44 pm GMT..just tried to play AFTER the recent "fix" and still cant get in
  • anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Cant log in at all. I Click Play and sometimes it says "connecting to account server" or something like that, and then launcher closes and nothing else happens.
    anguskart said:

Cant log in at all. I Click Play and sometimes it says "connecting to account server" or something like that, and then launcher closes and nothing else happens.

Same here. And starting up Arc to start the game from tehre is no option cause of the bloody HAMSTER pop up about some beta HAMSTER that annoys the living hell out of you and makes the game unplayable unless you keep restarting the game over and over.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    anguskart said:

Same here.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    asterotg said:

anguskart said:

Same here.

Same here. Can sometimes get in for a while but then getting disconnects.
    We fixed the leak in the hull by cutting the hole out.
  • fealinchiron#3250 fealinchiron Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    same experience. launcher does its thing, hit start, and launcher exits with no game triggered.
  • tarindtarind Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well I had no problems at all this morning in game. But now your so call "fix" has now broken the game for me as well.
    It seems, that the client closes, when he connects to the account server.
  • trajan333trajan333 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 New User
    Launcher now loads the game for me but now crash every couple of minutes.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    The launcher appeared to patch just fine. When I click Play, it just crashes to desktop every time.
  • gamerzoid101gamerzoid101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    untick on-demand patching and run game in safe mode launches fine for me
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Same problem here. I was playing earlier and got disconnected about 10 times in the space of 30 minutes. Just came back to play a little more and Arc opens up followed by the Neverwinter client, but when the patch has run the client disapears after pressing "ready".

untick on-demand patching and run game in safe mode launches fine for me

Does not work for me. Forced verifying did nothing, too.
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    +1
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    After about 15 tries I was able to patch and load the game! Now trying to do dailies is difficult as I'm still getting booted while loading maps.
  • bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    I was able to log on earlier after only 2 attempts, only to be disconnected from the server 20 minutes later. As of yet I have not been able to log on
  • natethedragonnatethedragon Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Yeah should go to the "bug reports" and post there under the forum post "Unable to play" will be better noticed in the bug reports. Most people cannot even log in.

I can not login either
  • natethedragonnatethedragon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Just got a patch and it launched, just now
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    same here, client loads, patches, but disapears after pressing "ready" no neverwinter tonight :(