Install Arc
Options

[PC] [PVE] HR Stromwarden Archery DPS Build

13»

Comments

• Options
    bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    5 feats + predator from archer tree and 3 feats from combat..
  • Options
    nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I mixed this build with Bloodtalon's and find I love playing a Ranger. Been playing them since the pen and paper days. What I find surprising is the level of animosity there seems to be towards this play style. "If you're not combat/trapper, you're nothing", "if you play this style, you're hurting everyone else". Sorry, but each class has it's own style based on the person playing it. I'm still pretty new to the game (less than a month really), but I like this style. When my HR was still under lvl 30 I tried being close combat and realized that if I wanted to be up close and personal, I'd play a tank of some kind (GF or OP) or dps (GWF or TR). Why roll an HR and have access to a bow, if I'm not gonna use it most of the time? So I looked around and stumbled on this build. What a game changer for me. From barely surviving most random dungeon runs to barely taking damage. Sure I miss out on a lot of the close combat buffs, but why would i need them if I'm not getting hit to begin with?
    The way I see it, each class has a different role to fulfill based on each person/group's playstyle. Tanks are the wall the mobs can't get past, TR and GWF make stuff bleed, and and my job is to weaken things enough that by the time they get to the wall, the OP can one-hit it down.
    To date no one's told me flat out I'm not "useful" or I "should" switch to combat styles, but I do see a few DPS suddenly start running faster through dungeons when they suddenly realize I'm picking everything off before they can get near them. ;)
    Seriously. Play how you want. You want to play a ranger like "Drzzt", then the combat/trapper builds for it are everywhere. There's very few though that are more "Legolas" styled and I'm glad I found one that explains it so well
    Cheers