What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Easier version of TONG ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I think people get too hung up on the meta setup and assume thats the way this dungeon has to be run rather than work out what works best for their party. Yes BIS players will want whatever completes fastest and theyre so highly geared and experienced they can take liberties in the dungeon. Trouble is this gives other players a misconception of how the dungeon should be run.
    The biggest misconception i see out there is that orcus is a DPS check. He isnt. He is a dps check if you choose to give the hp curse to a DC or GF etc as you then limit yourself to having to kill orcus before the temp hit points run out. If you dont have a high DPS party dont do this! Give the HP curse to your OP tank if you have one, as as long as he has the curse the temp HP he generates from TW will fend off the balls indefinitely turning the encounter from a DPS check into a co-ordination grind immeadiately.
    For example we went into tong recently with a trial / suicide team (only it turned out not to be) of a DC, OP tank x2, HR x2 just because thats who were interested in trying in our alliance. One OP (me) is high il 17k and has run TONG lots and lots. Of the other , 2 had never run it before, 2 had run it less than 5 times and all 4 of them were low il (for TONG), 12 - 13k.
    Yes it took ages (50 mins for Orcus) but in that time i must have run into 100 balls with no difficulty whilst we slowly ground orcus down.
    That worked as we had 2nd tank to actually Tank orcus whilst i was chasing balls, but ive tried it since in a one tank party and all you do is get people to run the balls into you so you can tank and not be running around the arena.
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    benyr said:

I think people get too hung up on the meta setup and assume thats the way this dungeon has to be run rather than work out what works best for their party. Yes BIS players will want whatever completes fastest and theyre so highly geared and experienced they can take liberties in the dungeon. Trouble is this gives other players a misconception of how the dungeon should be run.

The biggest misconception i see out there is that orcus is a DPS check. He isnt. He is a dps check if you choose to give the hp curse to a DC or GF etc as you then limit yourself to having to kill orcus before the temp hit points run out. If you dont have a high DPS party dont do this! Give the HP curse to your OP tank if you have one, as as long as he has the curse the temp HP he generates from TW will fend off the balls indefinitely turning the encounter from a DPS check into a co-ordination grind immeadiately.

For example we went into tong recently with a trial / suicide team (only it turned out not to be) of a DC, OP tank x2, HR x2 just because thats who were interested in trying in our alliance. One OP (me) is high il 17k and has run TONG lots and lots. Of the other , 2 had never run it before, 2 had run it less than 5 times and all 4 of them were low il (for TONG), 12 - 13k.

Yes it took ages (50 mins for Orcus) but in that time i must have run into 100 balls with no difficulty whilst we slowly ground orcus down.

That worked as we had 2nd tank to actually Tank orcus whilst i was chasing balls, but ive tried it since in a one tank party and all you do is get people to run the balls into you so you can tank and not be running around the arena.

Additionaly when you're DC who is taking temp HP (usually me because random teams took too long to figure out who takes it, so I'm taking initiative) just dodge directly into ball and temp hp will not be consumed. But watch your timing because it consume 2x more sometimes :P