test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Messages With Items Attached

Can we get it so that messages in the mail that have items attach we have to type in "Discard" when trying to delete them? I think that I have deleted messages with items and I know a streamer has on more than occasion.

Comments

• Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    You have attempted to delete an email with an item attached. Are you sure you want to discard this item? Type "Discard" to confirm discarding of item.

You have confirmed that want to discard this item. Are you really sure you want to discard this item? Type "I am really sure" to confirm your confirmation that you want to discard this item.

You have confirmed you confirmation that you....
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Some form of confirmation would be nice.
  • Options
    draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    If you try to discard an artifact right now you have to manually type in "Discard" to complete the discard process. This needs to be added to mail with items attached. So that you can't accidentally hit the discard button 1 too many times.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd be happy if they just had a 'trash can' where deleted messages sit for 24 hours before being auto-emptied.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    That would work but it would be more coding. And the coding for the Discard is already in there.
  • Options
    Well I have to admit that I just had to bother the team when I accidentally deleted several mails with items attached because I was sleepy. And customer serve was so kind as to replace the items for me. It just shows that we need this feature so that they can not have to deal with sleepy players and concentrate on the next mod.

Many heart felt thanks to the team for fixing my screw up.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    We're always looking for areas where we can add confirmations in a way that it doesn't become intrusive or obnoxious :)
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    The mail system desperately needs a makeover, hopefully it's something that'll get looked at one day, like the quest journal and inventory. :)
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

The mail system desperately needs a makeover, hopefully it's something that'll get looked at one day, like the quest journal and inventory. :)

A sent mailbox. I want a Sent box, preferably along with a note of what was attached (obviously, without an ability to reclaim the items)

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

And customer serve was so kind as to replace the items for me.

I'll add that while CS helped me the one time this happened, they made a point to tell me that they would ONLY help me that one time and that next time I was out of luck. So CS is not a solution that can be relied upon every time someone accidentally deletes something.
  • Options
    johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'd like the ability to look at the stats of items in my mailbox like I can in my inventory. Sometimes I don't want to claim it, but I do want to look at the items in question
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I'd like the ability to look at the stats of items in my mailbox like I can in my inventory. Sometimes I don't want to claim it, but I do want to look at the items in question

That's already possible. While viewing a mail message, look at bottom of screen for the option to "see items" and press the indicated button.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I thought we already had this on items of value in email, but I recently was going a bit too fast and deleted a tier 2 hunt trophy by mistake so either we don't have it on email or the items of value may not match what I perceive as valuable.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    And for messages from Auction House which have only money from sale attached to them delete option should be completely disabled, imho.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers