test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Creeping death and other minor changes

Y not just make it a dot damage of 80% of the damage that we deal with the chance to crit over 3 sec and after 3 sec do a burst aoe of 20% or 10% for creeping death(keeping the ability to stack and not able to proc weapon enchantments), we dont have the burst damage of other classes and our damage takes awhile for it to build up plus if we die we lose all of our stacks.

Also we could have tyranical curse be a buff that we can apply to our next cursed target with a cap of one and increases our overall damage by 10% so its not the pre nerfed version but still viable for when our 1st target is killed.

Murderous flames could affect all of our fire based power instead, killing flames to far too situational imo.

Flames of empowerment could employ a fire and necrotic damage increase rather than having to use at wills so its more useful against trash mobs that die so quickly anyways.

Finally giving pillar of power the ability to crit so we can spread lesser curse will all consuming curse more easily, The damage is under powered but considering how much of a buff/debuff it provides its fine tho.

On a side note, sry if this is actually more code or programing that i originally thought, just wanted to offer some suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    random1selfrandom1self Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    A good start would be to put our damage bonus on CHA instead of CON and move crit bonus to CON. That would make our actual primary stat the primary stat so we can get a natural 20 to maximize to natural dps before any other stats are included.
  • Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    > @random1self said:
    > A good start would be to put our damage bonus on CHA instead of CON and move crit bonus to CON. That would make our actual primary stat the primary stat so we can get a natural 20 to maximize to natural dps before any other stats are included.

Yeah i agree
  • Options
    Not good at posting idk wat im doing =(
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

A good start would be to put our damage bonus on CHA instead of CON and move crit bonus to CON. That would make our actual primary stat the primary stat so we can get a natural 20 to maximize to natural dps before any other stats are included.

Changing ability scores effects would require rebalance all classes who are affected by CoN and CHA.
    And I don't think developers would work on that, because it's almost reworking all classes in same time.

However I agree that bonus dmg with CoN is kinda insult.

So I thought, why not get extra dmg from SW feats..

When players build high dps warlock, they pick feat Blood Pact of Cania to boost up CoN provided bonus dmg..

Current Blood Pact of Cania work - Increases the amount of bonus damage Constitution gives you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

So what if - Blood Pact of Cania - Increases the amount of bonus damage Constitution gives you by 2/4/6/8/10%
    + CHA add 0.5/1/1.5/2/3% . bonus dmg.

or

Increases the amount of bonus damage Constitution gives you by 0.5/1/1.5/2/3%,
    + CHA add 2/4/6/8/10% bonus dmg.

Thats mean, without reworking ability scores system, we gain bonus dmg through feats only..

This is just quick example that by reworking feats we can gain extra dmg.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The second idea is good, but as long as we need the 3 points into Devastating Critical for the +15% crit severity we'll never be able to make full use of our bonus damage from BPoC. Maybe change MPoC to be a 3 point feat like the HR where it's 2%/4%/6% increase from dex.

You need to remember that each class is effected by their stats differently so by changing around how our main stats work will only effect us, not every class that uses con/int/cha as their main stats.
  • Options
    > @etelgrin said:
    > Tyrannical Curse increases effectiveness on the marked target in PvE by 20%, so you should consider it a buff.

If i remember right, warlocks curse and tc doesnt stack, the way it works now its only against one set target and only affects the affected target and doesnt stack with our warlocks curse, if they rework it so that we can get a separate 20% damage buff to ourselves rather than damage dealt to the target it would make more sense to use it the ability to reapply and new tc when the 1st target dies is just a quality change to the daily
  • Options
    TC and warlocks curse is a weird thing. Example:

If you use TC > soul scorch, you get the same results as you would scorching a minor curse.

If you use TC > warlock curse > soul scorch, it'll consume the warlock curse and place the scorches curse consume DoT on the target.

So you still need to apply a warlock curse for any ability that consumes the curse the get that abilities bonus effect.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Y not just make it a dot damage of 80% of the damage that we deal with the chance to crit over 3 sec and after 3 sec do a burst aoe of 20% or 10% for creeping death(keeping the ability to stack and not able to proc weapon enchantments), we dont have the burst damage of other classes and our damage takes awhile for it to build up plus if we die we lose all of our stacks.

I agree on Creeping Death working with a higher percentage from damage dealt but I strongly disagree with the duration, one of the very worst problems that capstone has is tha it takes way too much time to deal full damage, as long as it's 2+ secs long it will keep underperforming on trash clearing, heck, on melt teams, even on certain boss fights it does not have enough time to fully benefit the SW hence our dps is not a match for that of other classes.

I believe CD should be changed to work as an instant extra hit for 80% for the damage dealt (I think this is wat I once wrote on reddit) and with dot powers I see 2 ways to do it:

- Make CD calculate what dot full damage would be so, right after the first tick of the power that would proc it, CD would instantly hit for 80% of the dot's full damage so, if your Hellish Rebuke would deal 200k damage total, CD would hit for 160k right after the first tick of HR.

- Reduce the delay between CD procs to 0.1 secs or less, as it stands, it takes way too much time

Regardless, I think this would help SW recover some of its long lost glory:

- Here I take your idea as base for a better suggestion, simply put, if any power crits so should CD and it should be affected by the SW's crit severity

- Blood Pact of Cania: Each point of CHA gives you 0.2%/0.4%/0.6%/0.8%/1.0% more damage

- SW base damage should be increased by at least 50%. As a striker with so much dot damage, it wouldn't benefit the same way a burst damage class, say, a GWF would do if getting that same increase. Ticks dealing 50% more damage < <<<<<<<<<<<<< burst damage 50% more powerful, not even close, dot damage will usually underperform to burst, fact.

- All dot powers need much more powerful ticks or better, shorten the amount of ticks a dot power has significantly (I'd say well over 50% less ticks) and make each one of them hit like a truck. Correct me if I'm wrong but certain HR <b class="Bold">ticks consistently hit for 1.2 million + each in a good group, compare that to what SW has... it is like comparing a Siberian tiger (HR) with a house cat (SW)

- Cooldown and casting speed reductions accross the board, they're atrociously long.

- For the Nine Hell's sake, our passive powers need to be reworked so they actually give a meaningful dp boost, they are far too underpowered as they are now. Compare NPMP/FoE/ACC/Deadly Curse with things like Chilling Presence/Swath of Destruction/Destroyer purpose/Wrathful Determination/Weapon Master/Shield Warrior's Wrath/Trample the Fallen/feated Combat Superiority/Aura of Courage + Aura of Wisdom combo o.O I can't comment on HR and TR passives as I don't know or understand them well enough but my point is clear, SW passive powers are awfully underpowered or straight utter garbage compared to those of other classes, this needs to change.

- Pillar of Power and Soulscorch as mandatory powers should be much better than they are now. Pillar of Power should be able to crit and its damage needs to be tweaked so it is one of the main sources of damage without the Owlbear Cub, like, it needs to contribute to dps significantly more than other powers do, besides, it needs the personal and group dps buff improved significantly so it can better compete for a spot as a dps/buff hybrid vs say, as dps-oriented MoF rene CW. Soulsorch needs to have the aforementioned base damage increase, shorter casting time and it should consume 1 or 2 less soulsparks.

- Regardless of duration, Hellish Rebuke dot should stack instead of being refresh everytime the at-will is cast.

- Killing Flames needs its damage values adjusted on top of having better base damage. As it stands, they are, for example 15k - 45k, I mean come one, look at the disparity between min and max (which isn't even that good to begin with) values, basically wet noodle - meh. The other classes don't have this silly penalty/handicap so KF should be, based on the example, 43k - 45k. It should also deal double damage when the enemy is below 50% HP. Oh wait!! this gave me a good idea:

- Below certain HP % SW should (regardless of paragon) get TR-like dps bonuses (Executioner's Gift is nothing but a parody of executioner TR's enemy hp-based dps bonuses), that would help on boss fights. Example: When enemy is below 50% HP, deal 30% bonus damage and when enemy is below 30% HP deal 60% bonus damage. This would make temptation and damantion paragons more viable.

- Brutal Curse, Executioner's Gift and Killing Curse should be reworked so Fury still is the superior after the aforementioned changes. Killing Curse: Deal 10% more damage vs targets affectedd by lesser/normal curse. Executioner's Gift: deal 30% more damage vs targets at 50% hp or less. Brutal Curse: deal 20% more damage vs targets affected by your Warlock's Curse (stacks with Killing Curse)

- If the aforementioned suggestions increase overall damage far too much, single target buffs could be kept and aoe powers could be tonned down some or significantly. As a dot striker, SW will never have a chance in aoe damage anyway so at least our single target damage should only be outperfomed by TR and GWF or heck it could be second only to TR as GWF is much much better with aoe damage.

@terramak @asterdahl @rgutscheradev @noworries#8859 @kreatyve @nitocris83
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

The second idea is good, but as long as we need the 3 points into Devastating Critical for the +15% crit severity we'll never be able to make full use of our bonus damage from BPoC. Maybe change MPoC to be a 3 point feat like the HR where it's 2%/4%/6% increase from dex.

You need to remember that each class is effected by their stats differently so by changing around how our main stats work will only effect us, not every class that uses con/int/cha as their main stats.

Here is ability score table for all classes.
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score

What you suggest is nothing special. All classes primary ability provide bonus damage.
    And only TR, Op, GF and SW receive other effects.
    TR's primary Dex - 1% crit chance.
    OP primary - CoN - 2.5% Maximum Hit Points, 0.5% Damage Resistance
    GF primary CoN- 1% Action Point Gain, 4% Maximum Hit Points

So yeah, I agree that CHA should provide Bonus dmg, while Blood Pact of Cania feat would provide extra dmg boost from secondary abilities.. That I think would be better solution...

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    > @etelgrin said:
    > > @etelgrin said:
    >
    > > Tyrannical Curse increases effectiveness on the marked target in PvE by 20%, so you should consider it a buff.
    >
    >
    >
    > If i remember right, warlocks curse and tc doesnt stack, the way it works now its only against one set target and only affects the affected target and doesnt stack with our warlocks curse, if they rework it so that we can get a separate 20% damage buff to ourselves rather than damage dealt to the target it would make more sense to use it the ability to reapply and new tc when the 1st target dies is just a quality change to the daily
    >
    > I was only mentioning that it still works as a buff, I tested on my HB how far can I buff myself, and the highest effectiveness achieved was 160%, I can present logs but would rather not, cause I found some other interesting things while doing so, and I don't particularly want more things nerfed than already is.
    >
    > Feel free to check for yourself, put TC on the dummy and start hitting it, should net you 120% effectiveness on the debuffed (marked) target dummy afaik.

Ah alright sry for the misunderstanding then
  • Options
    > @jaime4312#3760 said:
    > Y not just make it a dot damage of 80% of the damage that we deal with the chance to crit over 3 sec and after 3 sec do a burst aoe of 20% or 10% for creeping death(keeping the ability to stack and not able to proc weapon enchantments), we dont have the burst damage of other classes and our damage takes awhile for it to build up plus if we die we lose all of our stacks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree on Creeping Death working with a higher percentage from damage dealt but I strongly disagree with the duration, one of the very worst problems that capstone has is tha it takes way too much time to deal full damage, as long as it's 2+ secs long it will keep underperforming on trash clearing, heck, on melt teams, even on certain boss fights it does not have enough time to fully benefit the SW hence our dps is not a match for that of other classes.
    >
    > I believe CD should be changed to work as an instant extra hit for 80% for the damage dealt (I think this is wat I once wrote on reddit) and with dot powers I see 2 ways to do it:
    >
    > - Make CD calculate what dot full damage would be so, right after the first tick of the power that would proc it, CD would instantly hit for 80% of the dot's full damage so, if your Hellish Rebuke would deal 200k damage total, CD would hit for 160k right after the first tick of HR.
    >
    > - Reduce the delay between CD procs to 0.1 secs or less, as it stands, it takes way too much time
    >
    > Regardless, I think this would help SW recover some of its long lost glory:
    >
    > - Here I take your idea as base for a better suggestion, simply put, if any power crits so should CD and it should be affected by the SW's crit severity
    >
    > - Blood Pact of Cania: Each point of CHA gives you 0.2%/0.4%/0.6%/0.8%/1.0% more damage
    >
    > - SW base damage should be increased by at least 50%. As a striker with so much dot damage, it wouldn't benefit the same way a burst damage class, say, a GWF would do if getting that same increase. Ticks dealing 50% more damage < <<<<<<<<<<<<< burst damage 50% more powerful, not even close, dot damage will usually underperform to burst, fact.
    >
    >
    > - All dot powers need much more powerful ticks or better, shorten the amount of ticks a dot power has significantly (I'd say well over 50% less ticks) and make each one of them hit like a truck. Correct me if I'm wrong but certain HR <b class="Bold">ticks consistently hit for 1.2 million + each in a good group, compare that to what SW has... it is like comparing a Siberian tiger (HR) with a house cat (SW)
    >
    > - Cooldown and casting speed reductions accross the board, they're atrociously long.
    >
    > - For the Nine Hell's sake, our passive powers need to be reworked so they actually give a meaningful dp boost, they are far too underpowered as they are now. Compare NPMP/FoE/ACC/Deadly Curse with things like Chilling Presence/Swath of Destruction/Destroyer purpose/Wrathful Determination/Weapon Master/Shield Warrior's Wrath/Trample the Fallen/feated Combat Superiority/Aura of Courage + Aura of Wisdom combo o.O I can't comment on HR and TR passives as I don't know or understand them well enough but my point is clear, SW passive powers are awfully underpowered or straight utter garbage compared to those of other classes, this needs to change.
    >
    > - Pillar of Power and Soulscorch as mandatory powers should be much better than they are now. Pillar of Power should be able to crit and its damage needs to be tweaked so it is one of the main sources of damage without the Owlbear Cub, like, it needs to contribute to dps significantly more than other powers do, besides, it needs the personal and group dps buff improved significantly so it can better compete for a spot as a dps/buff hybrid vs say, as dps-oriented MoF rene CW. Soulsorch needs to have the aforementioned base damage increase, shorter casting time and it should consume 1 or 2 less soulsparks.
    >
    > - Regardless of duration, Hellish Rebuke dot should stack instead of being refresh everytime the at-will is cast.
    >
    > - Killing Flames needs its damage values adjusted on top of having better base damage. As it stands, they are, for example 15k - 45k, I mean come one, look at the disparity between min and max (which isn't even that good to begin with) values, basically wet noodle - meh. The other classes don't have this silly penalty/handicap so KF should be, based on the example, 43k - 45k. It should also deal double damage when the enemy is below 50% HP. Oh wait!! this gave me a good idea:
    >
    > - Below certain HP % SW should (regardless of paragon) get TR-like dps bonuses (Executioner's Gift is nothing but a parody of executioner TR's enemy hp-based dps bonuses), that would help on boss fights. Example: When enemy is below 50% HP, deal 30% bonus damage and when enemy is below 30% HP deal 60% bonus damage. This would make temptation and damantion paragons more viable.
    >
    >
    > - Brutal Curse, Executioner's Gift and Killing Curse should be reworked so Fury still is the superior after the aforementioned changes. Killing Curse: Deal 10% more damage vs targets affectedd by lesser/normal curse. Executioner's Gift: deal 30% more damage vs targets at 50% hp or less. Brutal Curse: deal 20% more damage vs targets affected by your Warlock's Curse (stacks with Killing Curse)
    >
    > - If the aforementioned suggestions increase overall damage far too much, single target buffs could be kept and aoe powers could be tonned down some or significantly. As a dot striker, SW will never have a chance in aoe damage anyway so at least our single target damage should only be outperfomed by TR and GWF or heck it could be second only to TR as GWF is much much better with aoe damage.
    >
    > @terramak @asterdahl @rgutscheradev @noworries#8859 @kreatyve @nitocris83

Between programing and testing, i wanted to keep the suggestions to minor adjustments so we could get them sooner, i do agree about trash mobs dont last that long either, considered instead of an aoe after 3 sec that creeping death should actually "creep" to nearby enemies instead to damage them for a lowered % that could better but i figured that they might need to make a separate mechanic for that and idk how much work that would be fore the devs. And yes killing flames needs some work but not sure how without it being overpowered again, maybe they should add and increase hp threshold as u put more points into it so that its max damage at up to 70% hp. And yes our animations and cooldowns are pretty long, am i the only one who cringes when i see my sw do that lil dance before she pops tc?