test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AOE DPS Test showing incredible disparity in DPS levels

2»

Comments

• btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User

@santralafax

I was shocked myself because I didn't see it in my normal playing.
    This is the sort of thing you wouldn't find in a group though.
    Remember Into the Fray buff would be affecting the HR too so he wouldn't be out-dpsed in a group.
    Not only that but Aspect of the Pack artifact offhand power would be giving a nice bonus you don't see here because it relies on having allies.

IIRC comp counts as an ally.
    Yes, but I think 2% bonus per ally.
  • Maybe a better test to compare DPS between classes would be to see how easy it is for each of them to solo Baphomet in Ballad?
  • shinengakishinengaki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Besides argueing about enchantments, buffs, debuffs that might influence the results. Honestly your results are reflecting realistically the average calculation at the end of a dungeon (top dps).

TOP DPS: GWF
    AVERAGE DPS: CW, GF, HR
    LOW DPS: SW, TR

The BIS Team for TONG: 1 OP, 1 AC, 1 DC, 1 GF, 1 GWF. No other Members will be searched in public channels in general. There might be other setups, if you are lucky enough to be in a High End Guild where no GWF is available at the moment or otherwise occupied.

GWF is preferably chosen for DPS Role, because it is with a tremendous gap the most potential DPS Class in Neverwinter.

So resuming: In my humble opinion the DPS class balance is totally broken and I have no believe at all, that it will get ever fixed.
    On the contrary. I suppose that within the rest livetime of Neverwinter, which might be about 2-4 years, the 4 classes that I mentioned will stay as the preferred ones and the rest will be confident to run low end dungeons and just do the quest content or play pvp.