test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it possible/legal to export in game music?

cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
I really like the Ras Nsi battle theme, I was wondering if exporting that for non profit reasons would be possible? And if it is, and I do it, would I get in trouble?

Comments

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    All music is protected by copyright, and copyright law is not simple. Certain use may be allowed under the "fair use" provision. I highlighted this post to @nitocris83 to see if PWE or Cryptic owns the copyright (as opposed to having a license from the copyright holder) and whether they're able to grant non-commercial use rights.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @cilginordek, since some of the audio is composed in-house and other is done through contract musicians, it comes down to piece by piece. I can ask about Ras Nsi specifically and get back to you.
  • Options
    blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I like one of the song that came out with the original IWD mod, I have no idea what its called but is there a way for us to obtain them so we can just listen to it outside of game?
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

@nitocris83 I like one of the song that came out with the original IWD mod, I have no idea what its called but is there a way for us to obtain them so we can just listen to it outside of game?

Will ask about this one too!

• Options
    blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User

Will ask about this one too!

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Some of the stuff

Same composer did other NW stuff, browse his profile.
    It's a bit hard to link correctly, but scroll there:

https://soundcloud.com/kevin-manthei

The char load screen of IWD I didn't see there unfortunately.
  • Options
    Thats great thanks.