test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon and Armor Enchant Visuals

valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
With this post, I am assuming that no new visual effects were added with the new ranks of weapon and armor enchants. As such, I propose spreading out the old visual effects.

Current New
Lesser Lesser, Standard
Standard Greater, Perfect
Greater Pure, Transcendant
Perfect What, Ever (sorry, I don't know the actual names)

This way, everything at Perfect+ doesn't all look the same.

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    This is not currently any more feasible than turning off visuals, which is a project it appears @rgutscheradev does intend to tackle at some point. The visuals are entangled into the enchant's combat effect in some way.

Being able to select the level of enchant visual to display from none to highest tier unlocked would be optimal, imo.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    godly3vilgodly3vil Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Would definitely be awesome if we could turn the visuals off completely, I love my barkshield but hate having poo floating around me at all times.
    Soon to be Retired Guild Leader of No Pity No Mercy (PS4)
  • Options
    almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    godly3vil said:

Would definitely be awesome if we could turn the visuals off completely, I love my barkshield but hate having poo floating around me at all times.

Those are fragments of bark! From trees, not poo! xD
  • Options
    godly3vilgodly3vil Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    almondum said:

godly3vil said:

Those are fragments of bark! From trees, not poo! xD
    They look horrible lol
    Soon to be Retired Guild Leader of No Pity No Mercy (PS4)
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I have one simple request: PLEASE remove the sound-effect from Shadowclad!!!! It is so annoying being around anyone with it on!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Being able to adjust or turn off weapon and armor enchant visual effects would likely be one of the MOST appreciated changes you could ever implement to the game. If this is not on your list of priorities, please put it there and if it is down the list, move it up higher. As far as armor enchants go, people often go to a lot of trouble to choose a gear look, even down to the colour and invest in dyes so that it looks just right. As soon as most enchants go on they remove most or all of the colour completely. Example how it affects me for instance, I have left my Soulforged enchant at normal for years, because at higher ranks it looks like the person has bad body odour and this means I am likely to leave that enchant un-ranked up even if it means sacrificing the extra IL stats. I just don't want to look like I have a purple haze of putrid stench wafting out from me. Some armor enchants can give you a headache just looking at them at higher levels, Negation is one and the effect just ruins any semblance of individuality you have managed to create in your look. Same goes for weapon enchants, and example of how it affects me is that I use a Vorpal and did want to use the evil tome transmute, but with the OTT effect it just looked like a massive oblong blob with no detail/face so I had to miss out on using that and use something which worked with the effect instead, I ended-up going with the Turmian Orb which works better, but we should NOT have to choose items to work with the enchant effect, that is just ridiculous. TBH a lot of the visual effects on things are over the top, I stopped using the Enchanted Courser even though I love the design of the horse totally, purely because of the bright trail it leaves as it runs, it totally blows out on the screen, the lion companion also comes to mind as having a way-too-high effect on it as it runs, a little goes a long way you know. But anyway, as far as enchants go, many people are crying out to be able to enjoy their looks without having them swallowed up with the enchant effects, so please make it a priority, even if it means re-writing the whole code for them, because you will have a lot of happier people when you do it. Either some sort of fader/attenuator for a currently hard-wired effect so it can be softened down or turned to off, a hard on/off option, or the ability to, like you can with companion skins, select from all previously unlocked options from lowest rank to highest rank currently unlocked. TY.
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    And yes, the Shadowclad sound effect has to be the most annoying thing I have ever heard, it must drive those who equip it loopy.