test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chicken voodoo doll

zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
Does this voodoo doll even work at all? I've managed to get the yuan-ti, batiri, and dinosaur voodoo dolls to work but the chicken I can't seem to make work no matter what I use it on. Is this one broken? If it works which mobs does it work on?

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I haven't found anything that the game would allow me to target with the chicken doll. I've made a point of doing so against mobs that other dolls could target, so I'm pretty stumped too.

Note to the devs, while I get that these are a novelty and we're probably not intended to use them more than a couple of times just to see them work and then toss the rest*, between the extremely limited number of critters that are even valid to use them on, and the long cooldown, they're more frustrating than fun. It's a neat idea and the icons are really cool, so it's kind of sad that they're so awkward. Nobody likes locking up their limited quick slots with a novelty item over something useful, particularly in a zone that's intended to be dangerous.

To be honest, because there are so few mobs players are permitted to use voodoo dolls on, the permitted mobs are already the weakest ones, and there's a hard cap on how many dolls it's possible to obtain (max 6/week and not every chest even drops them), I think you could completely do away with the cooldown without unbalancing anything. Big whoop, I killed two compys with dolls in a few seconds instead of a few minutes... when my encounter powers could have actually killed them faster if I wasn't futzing around attempting to target them with dolls.

*See also every post I've ever made about the discourtesy of cramming more "fun" novelty items into our bags than we're ever going to realistically be capable of using. Loading us up with vendor trash isn't fun at all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Maybe you can only use them against "minions" that aren't already affected by another voodoo doll. I have no idea which mob that would be though. Maybe 1 of they thyans? Except I already tried that. Maybe some conjures summon an imp that it works on? Haven't tried that yet. Or possibly some kind of beast that isn't a dinosaur? It doesn't work on small crabs, not sure if I tried it on spiders.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I would be tickled if they were usable in PvP to insta-kill anyone who briefly gets turned into a chicken due to that "fun" mirage weapon easter egg
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    Try lion. That would be cool. I hate lion.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Try lion. That would be cool. I hate lion.

Somehow I doubt lions are minions but it's worth a shot. Maybe it will work on the female lioness if she is considered the male lion's minion.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

I haven't found anything that the game would allow me to target with the chicken doll. I've made a point of doing so against mobs that other dolls could target, so I'm pretty stumped too.

Note to the devs, while I get that these are a novelty and we're probably not intended to use them more than a couple of times just to see them work and then toss the rest*, between the extremely limited number of critters that are even valid to use them on, and the long cooldown, they're more frustrating than fun. It's a neat idea and the icons are really cool, so it's kind of sad that they're so awkward. Nobody likes locking up their limited quick slots with a novelty item over something useful, particularly in a zone that's intended to be dangerous.

To be honest, because there are so few mobs players are permitted to use voodoo dolls on, the permitted mobs are already the weakest ones, and there's a hard cap on how many dolls it's possible to obtain (max 6/week and not every chest even drops them), I think you could completely do away with the cooldown without unbalancing anything. Big whoop, I killed two compys with dolls in a few seconds instead of a few minutes... when my encounter powers could have actually killed them faster if I wasn't futzing around attempting to target them with dolls.

*See also every post I've ever made about the discourtesy of cramming more "fun" novelty items into our bags than we're ever going to realistically be capable of using. Loading us up with vendor trash isn't fun at all.

To expand on this, any gear with mystery powers (Zulkir's Dreadnaught, Dragon Loyalist's Visage, etc.) While maybe fun from the devs' perspective, I'd much rather know what I have, how I can use it, and exactly what bonuses I get from the various instead of "does it work with this comp? nope. How about this one? nope..."
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I managed to get a Chicken Doll to work on a Batiri when I first got one, but I haven't been able to get one to work on a Yuan-ti in like 3 weeks of trying. In fairness, I even have trouble using the Yuan-ti dolls on them and have only succeeded once is HotC, but it was so chaotic I'm not even sure which type it was.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    The Voodoo Doll seems to be bugged.

I was able to use it the first time on a dinosaur, but that one was too strong, so it failed. After that I could not use any more of these dolls. Several other people I talked to through chat had the same problem. I did not find out yet, if it only happens when you fail with one, or if it generally only works the first time and all following attempts fail. So far I did not send a ticket, as it was nothing important to me, and I doubt, that many other players did, considering how lazy most of us are. So it is possible, that the Devs are not aware of that, yet.

Since there is an achievement for successfully using the doll on Batiri, Dinsosaurs, Undead and Yuan-Ti, these seem to be minions. Lesser minions so far are only the weakest Version of the given species. Skeletons and Zombies for undead, compsognatus for dinosaurs (not sure about the Velociraptor), Yuan-Ti Swordsman and Sharpshooter for the serpent people and shaman or the other weak one (I don't know the english name, in german it is "Verwüster")
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Ravager, I think.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother