test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Insatiable"

sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
So, the TRs on the live feed, today, really pressed the dev on our class balance which was promised 6 months ago. We were called "Insatiable". What does that word mean to you?
Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Starving would be more appropriate. I started my first TR in my birthday, approximately 2 weeks after live launch. The nerfs had already started but the class was still very common in PVE. By late mod 2, people on the old forums called me (and others) a liar for claiming to be a PVE TR. Such a thing couldn't exist. Mod 3 and the devs roll out a final nerf, Impact Shot which wasn't even Meta anywhere at that point. Finally mod 5 approached and the long awaited rework got posted in Preview one Friday night. I quit the next morning. It wasn't the only reason, just the final one.

Last August, a friend from the game emailed and got me to give NW another go. When I started playing again, I asked around to see how the classes of my old main chars were doing. CW was Ok, GWF 'on top' DC great shape... TR... 'needs work'

I picked CW to regear first and DC second. For TR... playing around but still waiting a year later. I fought so hard in mod 2 to 4 and the strength just isn't there now.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    From what I understood, the stream was sort of making a joke about how the TRs (especially you, Sirjimbo) were a bit crazy in "where is mah TR rework?????".

Or, he could be mildly annoyed that you guys are constantly asking even though they "stated" their plans for the TR rework. I'm not @rgutscheradev, so I can't say.

However, I think you guys are justified in asking as the devs have not been clear as to what or how exactly they plan to rework the TR.

(btw, didn't @rgutscheradev say that he used to be a math professor? He must have hated it when students turned in their homework late, even though he gave clear guidelines that "[x] work must be turned in". Maybe he'll empathize with you TRs in that case).
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Yeah, we organised a small chat spam to draw more attention to the class since the class has not been touched for more than 2 years and it was successful. It was a peaceful demonstration and with luck it bears some fruit. If our demands are not met then next thing is to go on strike.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

You can see, in the very first state of the game blog, March 1st 2016--I mentioned that powers and classes are on the top of our review list this year. The team is working on several fixes that should be ready for PTS before too long. To stay with our goals mentioned earlier, we need to make sure they are fully reviewed and have time to soak on the PTS shard before they can go live. Based on your feedback, we are going to be reviewing the Paladin and Warlock as well as creating some targeted fixes to the Hunter Ranger and Trickster Rogue. Anything we do needs to be done methodically and with your help. These changes will release over time this year.....Instead they reworked the GF.....

*shrugs*

Didn't the dev team that promised those changes leave (or wisen up)?

Because there is a marked difference between the dev team who did the OP/SW/HR/GF changes in Mod10, and the dev team who ran the DC changes in Mod11.

The dev team that did the Mod10 changes changes did arguably nothing on the underperforming specs (Archery HR & pretty much all of SW), did nothing for a few (Trapper HR and Paladins), or screwed up and caused things to be more crazy (Combat HR and Conqueror GF).

Since TR generally falls into the first category (underperforming), maybe the TRs should be happy that the dev team is taking their sweet *** time to look at the TR, or they might end up like the DPS SWs after the TC changes.

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I don't want a rework of our encounters or feats or at wills.. I just want our stealth mechanic to grant higher critical severity and also I want our combat advantage bonus damage to be higher...

Much like backstabbing works in dnd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I've only just been able to watch the live stream due to work pressures, but am incredibly disappointed by the lack of anything moving towards review of TR.
    As per the suggestion that the TR community is "insatiable"?
    Well, people usually are when they've been starved for so long!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Pretty much why I'm on a vacation from this game. They can't be bothered to fix anything, like classes... Ya know, the damn thing you freakin choose when you start the game. Wtf is the point of mass producing mediocre content if you can't enjoy the class used to do this HAMSTER? How #%&$ing long has it been for the GWF? Over 2 years?
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    It means to me they don't really think TR's are under-performing, and if any change was made it would be small.
  • Options
    captflint#2758 captflint Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    "I do not think that word means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

In order to never be satisfied, an attempt to be satisfied must first take place.

It was an attempt to belittle by using a big word to look intelligent. Woops.