test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems accessing River District -- not on travel map

This is an odd one, but if someone has heard of a fix, I would be ecstatic to hear about it.
I hadn't played for most of this year, but figured I would log back in to see what the new content was like. I saw that River District was on my map, but that I needed to complete quests to get in, so I did. I ran all four quests, got the campaign, the currency and the quest to advance into River District, but when I tried to travel there, there was no longer an icon on my travel map. My alts all have the "grayed-out" icon that says they need to do the quests, but my main, which has done the quests twice now, has no icon on the map.
I've reinstalled the game twice now and checked the travel map from every point on all the maps... no idea what to try next.
I put in 2 bug reports and talked to a GM via email, with the usual results, which is why I'm here.
I normally would just move on and hope that someday someone might fix it with an update, but one of the reasons I came back was to get the new Masterwork II stronghold weapons, and all of the the fartouched residuum needed for those is locked up in the River District dungeon....

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Drop the quest to go to the River District and take it again from Neverember in PE.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I'll try that tonight
  • Options
    I finally got in.... I never did the Neverember low level quests, so there were 4 random quests he had in addition to the "Chapter X" quests to gain entry into River District. I had redone the Chapter 1-4 quests, but when you suggested I try dropping the two RD quests I had and retaking those quests. I did that, and could only do chapter one for some reason. I looked at the other quests he had, and the one called "Brother can you spare a copper" was there and related to the River District so I took it That was what opened up the map icon.....
    I can't get back the quests I dropped, but as long as I can progress and eventually get to the dungeon idfc... Thanks for taking the time out to care. That's a ton more than I got from the official game support.
    In the end this was my fault, I suppose. In my defense, it was an easy mistake to make and SHOULD have been an easy problem to solve for support/GMs..... Hopefully by putting this here someone else wont have the same level of frustration I had with it.
    If someone else in the world is this dumb
  • Options
    Oh, also, in case it comes up, when I dropped those quests, the Heir Apparent campaign segment became available and I completed it, then the rest all happened