test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Client Crashed To Desktop

b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
Never had this issue until the latest patch / expantion.
All I was doing was playing an alt character and got her to 63 and working on the driftwood tavern quest line and all of a sudden crash to desktop. This was the second time now that it done this on my alt.
Its funny I can play my main no crashes no issues no problems but change to a new toon and it gos to HAMSTER.
Just curious is anyone else having such a problem and is there a fix or is this a issue and the devs are working on a fix?
Why cant I play what character I want to play with out a crash?
Not mad but wow.

Comments

• time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    no fixes at all, i crash for any possible reason 3times a day at most if not more and now i crash in three diff ways, instantly, freezes me then crashes, or crashes my whole computer forcing me to reboot. far as cryptic is concerned they're working on it and i've been dealing with this for 3months now
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    That sucks. for me it just started happening after the expansion hit and only when I switch to my alt.
  • jutro#1388 jutro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    On another note, I just downloaded the client but when it tries to "patch" nothing happens. Last night it patched about 30% but then it stopped. So I can't even open the game. :(
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the report. We are looking over reported crashes for PC players.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    My wife had been crashing so badly after the DX9 change that it corrupted her OS. After the 3rd time we reinstalled Windows, she stopped playing the game on the gaming PC we built her 2016 and went back to the Dell she bought in 2010. She has created several tickets, but whatever is causing the issue has yet to be resolved.

My wife had been crashing so badly after the DX9 change that it corrupted her OS. After the 3rd time we reinstalled Windows, she stopped playing the game on the gaming PC we built her 2016 and went back to the Dell she bought in 2010. She has created several tickets, but whatever is causing the issue has yet to be resolved.

join the club about the only reason i still have not quit yet is because of my guild and friends if it were not for that i'd quit this game months ago. the only "solution" i have is opening a second launcher so whenever i crash and its a freaking guarentee i can atleast come back

cryptic did soemthing specific to cause this cause in 3yrs of this game i not once exp'd any crashes maybe some connection issues but that was on my end most times but this is not normal this crashing is incredibly aggressive and relentless
    We're both running Windows 10 x64. The only real difference between our systems is that mine is an upgrade from Win 7 x64, and hers is from an original Windows 10 installation disc.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    TO all those who commented above - is your GAME LOAD time greater than 5 minutes? Or do you load up like normal in less than a minute? I still think its a memory issue [obs]
    times like 10min for me when the game crashes and by that time i'm already booted from a party, i run win 10 64bit durin the promotion offer to upgrade from win 7, and until 5/2/17 when mod 11b touched down i get crash after crash and now cause of mod 12 my crashes have become even more aggressive to the point it now crashes my computer and makes me restart it just to get things working again and takes almost 20min to get neverwinter up and working again. the number of times i've been screwed out of chest drops and dungeon runs is enough to fill out a phonebook
    edited August 2017
    Game loaded in less than 30 seconds on this end.
    As mentioned above, she has given up playing NW on the gaming rig we built last year (5th or 6th gen i5, 16gb RAM, nvidia 1070) because the game was crashing so hard it would force a reboot. Which eventually corrupted her OS so bad that we had to reinstall Windows. On three separate occasions. This issue started, for us, with whichever patch included the updated system requirements and the removal of DX9/XP support. Of course she was already using DX11 or 12 so nothing should have changed. But it did.
    She has returned to the Dell she bought in 2010, and that system is running the game without issue. With half the RAM, a first or second gen i5, and an nvidia 730.
    I really don't think the issue is with her PC. Because my rig is almost identical, save for the fact that I'm running a generation older processor, an nvidia 970, and my OS is an upgrade version of Win10 x64 from Win7 x64.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
    cryptic always finds a way to break something
    time2011 said:
    the same exact message i have been getting daily for 3 soon to be 4months with still no word on it

• entropy#7953 entropy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The PC game continues to crash my NVIDIA cards (3 computers) out before they can ever load a toon. It's been happening since the mod came out, but the last 4 days it has been totally impossible to login a toon at all. The screen goes black, a side panel says the NVIDIA kernel has crashed and the computer locks... no hope of reporting on the Cryptic crash reporter because the computer is dead & requires a cold restart to run at all... again, on all 3 computers.
    time2011 said:
    Exact same message for me. The game is virtually unplayable now. I crash about every 10-15 minutes.
  • klzfcklzfc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am getting the device removed error instead. imgur.com/es5sB74

If it helps, I do see three errors in the Windows Event Viewer relating to the nvidia driver.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video7
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x405848=0x80000000
    klzfc said:

I am getting the device removed error instead. imgur.com/es5sB74

If it helps, I do see three errors in the Windows Event Viewer relating to the nvidia driver.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video7
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x405848=0x80000000

I get that one rarely. Its like an evolved Pokemon more powerful than the Vertex error. But yes. I do that that one occasionally as well/
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    time2011 said:

OMG i have exact same crash each 4 hours sometime 2 hours depending on the game's mood with me but crashing is always guaranteed whenever i crash my friends or paty jsut say "meh the usual"
    it's really annoying me specially when running dungs

time2011 said:

OMG i have exact same crash each 4 hours sometime 2 hours depending on the game's mood with me but crashing is always guaranteed whenever i crash my friends or paty jsut say "meh the usual"
    it's really annoying me specially when running dungs
    same here sometimes i get lucky and go almost a whole day then it crashes me midcombat, the worst is when your doing castle never and it crashes and makes you watch the cutscene while the fight is going and has killed me many times. never matters what i'm doing, the fact this has been ignored for 3 soon to be 4months is amazing apparently if only a couple players are crashing its no big deal..

• b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I can now report that the crash has not yet been fixed. I now crashed twice in two days. It does get annoying and I think this issue should be looked into more carefully. before the new expantion it ran great no crash and now crash after crash I mean really. Not trying to give the company a hard time but seriously this is frustrating me a bit.
    3months of this crashing i already gave up all hope this will ever be resolved
  • ulmenkott#7998 ulmenkott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @b4t1b4t said:
    > Never had this issue until the latest patch / expantion.
    > All I was doing was playing an alt character and got her to 63 and working on the driftwood tavern quest line and all of a sudden crash to desktop. This was the second time now that it done this on my alt.
    > Its funny I can play my main no crashes no issues no problems but change to a new toon and it gos to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    > Just curious is anyone else having such a problem and is there a fix or is this a issue and the devs are working on a fix?
    > Why cant I play what character I want to play with out a crash?
    > Not mad but wow.

funny u say .. i had a chat with a support person from perfectworld.. I suspect its a trump thing.. all fake..
    same thing ish 4 pc's that keep crashing after about an hr played.. tried everything from logging to checking drivers and trying to provoke crashing but its NOT changing ,,, the advice from perfectworld.. send your pc to repairs.. I told them over and over it started with dino patch (tomb of annihilation , wich in fact can be the name of the patch tomb of playing) ... from beeing completely okey before the patch to unplayable.
    crashes causing pc to make a similiar powerloss , and when trying to restart need repair and or manual resets of power before machine manage to start up again.. sooner or later something WILL break n my end ,,

> @b4t1b4t said:

> Never had this issue until the latest patch / expantion.

> All I was doing was playing an alt character and got her to 63 and working on the driftwood tavern quest line and all of a sudden crash to desktop. This was the second time now that it done this on my alt.

> Its funny I can play my main no crashes no issues no problems but change to a new toon and it gos to HAMSTER.

> Just curious is anyone else having such a problem and is there a fix or is this a issue and the devs are working on a fix?

> Why cant I play what character I want to play with out a crash?

> Not mad but wow.

funny u say .. i had a chat with a support person from perfectworld.. I suspect its a trump thing.. all fake..

same thing ish 4 pc's that keep crashing after about an hr played.. tried everything from logging to checking drivers and trying to provoke crashing but its NOT changing ,,, the advice from perfectworld.. send your pc to repairs.. I told them over and over it started with dino patch (tomb of annihilation , wich in fact can be the name of the patch tomb of playing) ... from beeing completely okey before the patch to unplayable.

crashes causing pc to make a similiar powerloss , and when trying to restart need repair and or manual resets of power before machine manage to start up again.. sooner or later something WILL break n my end ,,

unless money is involved they wont budge an inch basically a big middle finger to anyone who has this issue and hope they quit is how it seems to me because you'd think if the game is crashing players specifically because of a mod they'd jump on it but nooo