test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SEVEN ( 7 )Things That Can Make Life In NWO Easier,Better and more Fun

Hello Guys,
This is my probably my first time ever writing a full thread in forums but i felt like this is something that i can do in the hopes that devs read this and be inspired by it.What encouraged me to write this thread here is Mod12 and how it was beautifully done and so far to me the best feature for Mod12 is ability to filter Quests By zone.
Now before i start i want to give my thanks and regards to the developers on the latest expansion jungles of chult the dungeon Tomb of the nine gods was beatifully made and the new map is candy to the eyes of all players and the difficulty meets the needs for all kind of levels even high end have a few challenges here and there ( *looking at you king of spines*) we know there is few bugs here and there but i guess sometimes it can't be helped and we hope devs are working on fixing them in the near future but overall we can all agree that this module is the best we have had lately sincethe grind of mod10/10.5/11 and 11B i do see a lot of happy palyers with addition of gear for seals and it was a much needed change since new players can't keep up anymore with the speedy train so this has somehow evened the playing field for all players and is a step in the right direction.

I know some of the things i'll list here you might have come across somewhere before or even you as a player reading this post felt the need for it so let's get started :smile:

1) Astral Diamandes currency in shared bank
-Now we all have wondered at some point why is astral diamandes wich is basicly the main trading currency between players not availble in the shared bank ? it's a question that puzzled me for a while specially that 90% of the playerbase switchees AD between alts so they can save up to buy stuff eventually so currently to move AD between charchters you need to post them on the AD/Zen Exchange and then take down offer from another charchter .
*We can all agree that this way is not practicle much and kinda gets boring overtime specially that you are limited to a certain amount of offers then you have to take down and re-up so it's a hard way to do things
Suggestion : Add Astral Diamands to the shared bank so it makes exchanging the currency accross the account easier :)

2)s="Bold">Bring Back Old Transmutes
-We have all been there where we see someone run a very good transmute that is candy to our eyes and when we ask how to obtain it we are stumbled upon the fact that it no longer drops in the game anymore,to be honest the amount of transmutes in the game is extremly limited right now and the best ones go for millions and even if you have the money you will need to be lucky to find someone who has the item unbound (exemples to this are the GWF transmutes like Reaver's Edge and Sword Of The shadow wolf)
*We all want more choice on how to make our weapon look like but currently neverwinter dosn't give you that option because most transmutes in the game either sucks or hard to get wich makes players feel that tiny bit of unsatisfaction toward thier own charchter
*Suggestion: Bring back these old transmutes somehow (drops in dungeons/lockboxes/proffesions) anyway will do as long as we can have access to them and even be able to trade them i know that some players might say this isn't a good idea since those items are legacy and all but cmon there hasn't been any of them posted on AH for months and even players are losing them set after set getting released into the game wich gets me to my third point here

3) An Option To Untransmute an item
-everyone at some point in the game have lost a transmute weapon because of the need to throw an old set into a new set for RP causing us to lose that transmute for good so it was a choic between either RP / the weapon or the transmute wich honestly seems unfair for some players
Suggestion: Enable us an item or an option (like dye removal) so we can untransmute the item and get the transmuted item back even if it's charchter bound just for looks or easily add an option when you use an old set to refien a newer one to change the appearance into that of the one used as a feeder.
i honestly have a reaver's edge in my bank but i'm hesitant to use it as newer sets will come and i'll have to lose it next mod if i want to keep the looks or i lose the RP or even if i want to keep old set i can't if i want either of the above so an option like this wouldn't be bad at all

4)The Low Amount of items to slot on belts because of only 3 slots availble
-Yes,we all wanted to use that lirra's bell we have along with champion's battle horn /adorable pocket pet / tymora's lucky coin / stone of health etc etc but nope we cannot as to why this is because we can only choose 3 items to slot in the belt slot wich seriously for 12 mods into the game seems very little as we have potions wich we usually keep in our bag and stuff yet we can't use belt slot for them so most of hte time those 3 slots are useless to us
Suggestion: Increase the amount of slots the belt can hold up even 6 items there wouldn't be bad i mean what's the point of having allthese items if we can't use them this totally would be cool to have

5)Retraining token unnecessary respec
i know a lot of us have many retraining tokens from winter festival and all saved up but sometimes using a respec token can be painful for exemple when you have 124 Power Point yet the game respec all your points or when you want to change couple of feats and you must respec everything just for that so it's kinda annoying and hte token should be better than spending pure AD to respec only feats / boons
Suggestion: this one is easy just have the retrtaining token give you option to what you want to retrain for exemple when you use a token a window pop up with 3 options on it (Ability scores/Feats/Boons) and you tick what you need to change and the token respec only those :) this should be better easier and it dosn't require much work i think

6)Increased Daily AD Cap
-Yes i knwo this has been asked for many times but i think it's really a necessary change to happen because let's face it not everyone have an alt army and can use other charchters to salvage or things and we all came ot a point where we had to wait days to get our Rough AD refined
now current cap is 36,000 AD Per day wich dosn't even buy 2 GMOPs considering it's cheapest item people need so i think it's best if the devs push this cap a little bit higher say 48,000 or even 50,000. it's a really needed change along with AD added into shared bank

7)Loyal Avenger Gear In the game
now i simply want to make this my last point because a lot of people will have different opinions on this
we have gotten lately the companion gear added to the skirmish illusionist's gambit however most people are reluctant to use this gear reason being is that they are afraid to be out classed by those running loyal avenger gear now i know this isn't true and it can be wrong at times but yes the frustration exist that only certain players have access to these items and i think they should be added somehow into the game again so people can get them and choose the gear they want to run because some of us want the deffence slots and some others just prefer offensive only so it's intresting to have different choices and different people each with thier own choice of thier build
the gear can either be added llike gambit gear or into lockboxes or something of the kind jsut don't make it that hard to get like gambit gear because we all have ran a lot and never gotten that +4 we want considering the +5 ones plainly sucks because of the overload slot

Thank You guys for your time and i hope you excuse me if i made mistakes or anything it is my first time posting a thread after all and if htere is anything i forgot to mention please don't hesitate to say so :)

last thing i want to give a shout out to my guild Veritas Vincit (Truth Prevails) for being an awsome guild with a lot of friendly people and no drame :) *cheers*

Happy Hunting To All And Thank You Again.

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I agree 100% with the AD as shared currency! It's interesting that you chose to suggest it go into the shared bank! This gives players a choice on banking it or hiding it on toons so they don't spend it :)
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Well wrote man.

Actually I never even thought about point 4. Thing is most of us do use all kind of food,pots and other items that can be attached to a belt slot. Giving us more slots would be a very welcome change indeed.

Few nice ideas and all in all a valid post.

@nitocris83 at some point you've mentioned you have a list of QOL changes that you bring up to the dev's.
    I do believe this one holds few that can be added there.

Thanks
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I think the excuse behind this not happening is that there is a cap on AD you can have per character. Would love to see this happen though since moving AD on your characters is cumbersome right now.

4)The Low Amount of items to slot on belts because of only 3 slots availble

I don't have an issue with 3 slots. It makes you choose what's most important to you. You shouldn't be able to slot a ton of stat enhancers anyway.

5)Retraining token unnecessary respec

This is a nice sentiment for those who have a ton of respec tokens but you're assuming everyone was around for the winter festival. Maybe people who don't have 1000s of tokens sitting around don't want to have their limited tokens altered to choose between just Boons/Feats/ability/powers. Maybe there's an option added for Respec All. There definitely needs to be some kind of change as I don't want to respec every single thing everytime I want to change one thing in ability points, etc.

6)Increased Daily AD Cap

Yes please. I think 48-50k is a good spot. 36k is too limiting.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    You forgot the +5 ring exchange vendor ☺
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User

2) Bring Back Old Transmutes
    3) An Option To Untransmute an item
    4) The Low Amount of items to slot on belts because of only 3 slots availble
    5) Retraining token unnecessary respec
    6) Increased Daily AD Cap
    7) Loyal Avenger Gear In the game

1) It can be tedious at times, but it's possible that because AD is linked to Zen it's not easily done.
    2) I'd say not just old transmutes, but some new ones too... maybe add a fashion store for transmutes in the new building in PE maybe.
    3) For the purpose of shifting a transmute over to a new artifact weapon, maybe something like a checkbox to include the transmute on refining. Even if they added a new ingredient to the refining process when checked, this could cover a lot of the desire.
    4) Most likely this is hard coded because of consoles. Having more belt options means having more hotkeys; and even though we play on different servers, console controllers are limited there.
    5) I'd even settle for removing the "at least X points spent" requirement when retraining. At least that way I can push everything to 4th tier immediately. It would require a server check to make sure you have at least one At-Will, one Daily, one Class Feature, and one Encounter before accepting. It wouldn't be a perfect solution, but it'd be a step in the right direction.
    6) I'm not one to farm AD so I rarely reach the daily AD cap, but the limit might be (again) because AD is tied to Zen. By limiting the AD refinement, they can force a "free" Zen cap; because Zen purchaces are where they make their money, it might not be wise for them to raise it.
    7) I don't know enough about the gear to make a valid point, but... as good as any gear is, it will eventually become outclassed by new mods. This might just be a "wait for it" situation.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    + Shared AD Bank
    It know 30% of trades in AD/Zen is for "transfere AD for another character in same account".