What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunts feedback

13»

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

Same as @archangelzorak01 - Ive got a circle loop to cross paths with Tigers/Smilodons, Deinychus/Eotyranus, Scorpions/Venomtails. I've spent a good 8 hours over 2 days riding in a circle.

I received 1 Smilodon Tooth. My bad luck drop streak got to 19 rare creatures with zero drops. We need to have 100% drop rate on the rare creatures.

One thing people should realize however if items or rare trader items for lure's are left in your inventory the chance of another of the same type dropping is zero.

Still as I just noted above I spend the last 2 - 2.5hrs trying to get a rare item to trade for a lure and have had no success or even seen one drop. I will try to go back later this evening and try spending another 1-2 hours in hopes of greater success; but I'm not sure how I'd feel like spending 3-4 hours defeating enemy in hope of earning a single rare item and some have spent far more time.

The 1 or 2 I first got (or only 2 I've gotten) were all around the time I first got the quest from Celeste, and I don't know if that increased my chances of a find during that mission... but haven't really seen one since - perhaps I need to TRY joining in to help others who have a hunt in progress on the map their on to increase my chances - yet it seems I'm clearly doing or not understanding something fully yet being new to the area.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about them increasing the drop chances as the chance of good drop could be reduced; but I'd welcome at least one weekly challenge to at least guarantee one.
  • Options
    hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    This stupid layer of RNG on the hunt mechanic is the worst ever. RNG of getting the lure out of rare mobz that have RNG drop on trophy.
    Nothing about it in any Patch Notes or even any word from the Dev's on this post.

Now my feedback on the hunt, as a mechanic in game which i really liked but now ninja nerfed, it is so frustrating to grind for hours for nothing.

Btw i will not talk about the bad drop on 2* trophy out of the 1* hunt.

Wat is this generate just some online time for ur playerbase that is already pissed about the changes u guys have for use in the near future.

• Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    In small time window of 2 minutes i got lucky and bumped into 3 packs of Smilodons...then i got unlucky and got 0 packs of rare drops...
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I summoned Arachne 12 times in a row, and didn't get any T2 mat and a more than a +2 ring. When you know how difficult it is to get Smilodon tooths or Venomtail poison, some droprates are absolutly ridiculous.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I agree about these really dismal drop rates. I've spent all day camping for lure drops and I'm ready to rage quit. This is worse than motes in Elemental Evil. I feel like this is entirely too much work and not enough fun. I also feel less like I'm working toward a goal and more like I'm simply relying on luck. Judging from the Trade channel some are luckier than others. It also doesn't help that trades are not lure for lure, but instead lure for GMOP'S or SMOP'S. I don't mind working for something as long as there is an achievable goal. Make rare hunts more difficult to defeat, but make sure defeating them doesn't leave players feeling empty handed. Maybe I'll just forego participating in this mechanism for a while because it's not fun.
    Post edited by iandarksword on
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    So my guildm8's and me did another testing this weekend, we had a few hours grinding for 1* trophy and we droped some. Then we made the 1* lure and went for the hunt. We had ~40x 1* lures and all of this droped 5x 2* trophies, which is only enuf for 2x 2* lure. Out of this two last hunts we got only equipment. We do this now for over 3 weeks and we droped 2x 3* trophies so far.

It is a really frustrating GRIND for some equipment, which is obsolete in a few weeks.

We dont have a problem with the grind but the reward sux.

Dunno if some1 out of the Dev's will ever read this, because the interest in the feedback thread is not happen.

Why make feedback threads, if you (Dev's) dont answer your player base? :(

• Options
    abastionofsanityabastionofsanity Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Just here to chime in on the huge level of dissatisfaction on hunting lure drop rates. Spending a couple hours looping around for Smilodons and Venomtails, I have killed ~20-30 Venomtails and ~15-20 Smilodons. Not a single drop.
    Trying to get the lures for these two Hunts has completely killed my interest in this part of the content.
    I will not revisit it until the RNG for spawn/drop rates on the rare creatures is publicly announced as changed.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Since my last post, a week ago, I have only been able to make one tier 1 lure. I took a friend to use that lure to see if I could get the drop I could use for the tier 2 hunt by rolling for loot, but the Spinneret didn't drop at all for either of us. Tonight I spent from around 6pm to 11pm killing Tigers to get Smilodons to spawn. The Smilodons spawn maybe occurred 5 or 6 times during that span, twice the spawn was attacked by another player while I was engaged with it. This caused me to change to a lower population instance, for fear I was losing my chance at the drop to the other player. Not a single Smilodon tooth. That was 5 hours I focused on trying to get the drop. I could've spent 5 hours doing something far more rewarding, heck creating a Foundry isn't this frustrating. I don't have Smilodon teeth anywhere in my inventory, banks, or mail to prevent the drop to begin with.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5