test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck on what to buy

jsmith#3214 jsmith Member Posts: 12 Arc User
So I've been doing tons of reading on what enchant to use for my GWF and honestly I'm still torn between what do get...
ATM I can get R10 Vorpal or a R9 Lightning those are the 2 I've been torn between.. I've read a Terror enchant is also viable option..
Honestly I'm leaning towards Lightning for the fact I can swap it to use on my OP
But considering this will be my biggest purchase to date I could use some advice thx

Answers

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    There is no all around 'best buy' really. It depends on what you want to do and what situations you want to do it in.
    * Do you want to perform best in single target(==boss) situations, or when clearing trash ae?
    * Do you want to support the group with debuffs, or are you going for high personal dps?

Lightning is performing best in AE situations and not so well on single targets.
    Terror has a nice debuff component but might not be the best personal dps enchant,
    Vorpal is primarily allround personal dps that should work more or less ok in both single target and ae situations provided you have high crit chance, but it is not the best in either situation.

There might also be adjustments to the enchants with mod 12.

To cover all bases, have several sets of weapons with enchants to swap in and out with overloads ;)

Good luck with your decision :)
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Lightning is a fun enchant, but be warned that the lightning jumps a LONG way between targets. It is a literal "add magnet" especially in dungeons... it can make it hard to control mobs when that is a requirement.

Personally I am using a T.Vorpal on my GWF currently. :)
    @samaka#2511
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Just be aware that in dungeons your fellow party members may not appreciate your choice of enchants... it just depends on the party and the dungeon being run! ;)
    @samaka#2511