test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Campaign Progress Bugged (Elemental Campaign)

brokenbandit#8027 brokenbandit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I contacted support via ticket and the Game Master said to make a post here. I can't exactly replicate the bug I am experiencing because I don't know what chain of quests or exact circumstances that caused it but I have an idea that it is caused by jumping back-and-forth between higher and low-level campaigns, having conflicting quests/interactions with NPC's, and abandoning quests; I gave the Game Master the following information:

I generally accept every quest I come across and had too many in my journal (30+) and I've skipped ahead and gone back a lot, I ended up abandoning everything under 70, which I later realized meant I also abandoned my most current Elemental Campaign quest (which was in Reclamation Rock - Aiding Captain Dunfield).
When I went back to complete the Elemental Campaign I could not re-accept the quest, none of the quest-giving NPC's in Reclamation Rock would speak to me about the campaign. I tried speaking to every relevant NPC, the same NPC's in different locations, even less-relevant NPC's in other areas like the Protector's Enclave. I could always be missing something but I've had all the resources available to figure it out myself for over a week and still couldn't, the Game Master also concluded it could be a bug.

I had a similar problem with another portion of the Elemental Campaign, I couldn't speak to a certain NPC. I had interacted with them before in another area of the game (a higher level area than the Elemental) so I ended up finding them in their alternate location and speaking to them there, I abandoned all the quests I had from them in that area; when I went back to the original NPC that was bugged I no longer had a problem accepting the quest. I tried doing this again for my problem with Reclamation Rock, abandoning every quest I had and finding the NPC's elsewhere but I couldn't seem to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Did you go inside the Castle/cathedral of whatever it is and talk to all of the NPC's there?

Do you have any progress on the EE campaign board? (did you check it?) if so, how far along are you on it - for Rec Rock that is.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    I did go to the cathedral, unfortunately none of them would speak to me about a quest.
    I've completed everything except for Reclamation Rock, where I'm stuck at, I have 2 Promises of Power on "Aiding Captain Dunfield".
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2017
    If it was one you abandoned, did you pick back up the quest, "Reclaiming the Rock" from Archdruid Morningdawn in Protector's Enclave by the tree? By the way, you don't ever need to abandon quests from your journal "to make room," I have way more than you did on my main characters. There's no limit on how many quests you can have accepted.
  • Options
    zebular said:

If it was one you abandoned, did you pick back up the quest, "Reclaiming the Rock" from Archdruid Morningdawn in Protector's Enclave by the tree? By the way, you don't ever need to abandon quests from your journal "to make room," I have way more than you did on my main characters. There's no limit on how many quests you can have accepted.

Abandoning quests was more just about de-cluttering my journal.

I checked all of my completed quests and found that it was Taking Measures from Captain Lynn, I spoke to her previously and couldn't accept any quests but I ended up abandoning all of my other quests and I just went back to her and was able to speak to her about the quest.

I guess can I request that this be closed? The issue is resolved, I'm not sure if it was abandoning the quests or if something else I did fixed it, or it it resolved itself on its own, but I appreciate the help from all levels supports, from the Game Masters to the forum community and moderators.

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closed at OP's request.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.