test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will enchantments like Flameburst and Thunderhead ever be updated for NWO's current enemy damage

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
These seem to be functioning as offensive armor enchantments against enemy targets circa Mod 1 or 2
so, do these get tested?

I am sure there is probably other armor ench. in this category

because none of the BIS players would never touch them with a 1' pole would they ever get looked at ,for say the level of enemy coming in the next mod?

I have 2 classes that use these, and they could be possibly much more useful if they were updated to level that barkshield was.. that was a reasonable adjustment for the sort of damage dealt by a player and enemy these days

is there any test result on these I may of missed done in preview or something?

ok , bury away...
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Answers

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They weren't considered useful in PVE in mods 1 and 2. Lesser Soulforged and Perfect Negation (uncommon but not rare) were the only things you might see.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Whenever RGutscheradev or someone in a similar role has enough time to work on them, sure. He expressly said didn't have time to do both weapons and armor when he did the pass on weapon enchants. That doesn't mean they won't ever get attention.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Flameburst is probably the best looking armor enchant in the game. Unvortunately it is also probably the weakest.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    going to leave the question open , thanks for the replies though

While I was hoping they would get looked at one day, going into a new mod that is looking formidable with these types of armor ench. the thought was it would be nice to have an armor enhancement that was actually enhancing something relative to the damage being dealt to me

I could go the road of so many others and try and palm them off but it sort of bugs me that the defensive enchantments get fair treatment re: scaling of current damage from enemy compared to when they were introduced compared to offensive armor enchantments that deal damage rather than mitigate it

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits