What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev Blog: Stronger Enemies, Stronger Equipment

Comments

• Options
    blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    great just finished getting most of of my characters into purple gear... waste of bars that turned out to be... thanks or is there going to be some sort of trade in for the now hard earned rubbish ? and I still get one shotted in certain places one area of well of dragons... and Ice dale... better up the value of potions to 50 - 75k and reduce cool downs. Quick teleportation to a blue circle frequently is not why I play or spend money ...

3 to 1 seal exchange? if this correct why? worked hard for the ones I have and haven't spent.

Finally get my prime into real good armour and wasn't cheap, (yes I play solo) and now once again it will be turned into rubbish, this happened to me before in mod 6. Mod 6 memories are still strong in my mind... Will not renew VIP or purchase any more zen until see the fallout from Mod 12 once it has been released. Why not keep the changes to just the new part? like you have for the last few expansions ? NWN currently is a lot of fun, this seem like a re-run of mod 6, Everything harder, gear made useless more expense or grinding to get stuff to do the new stuff, and most importantly the fun gets gutted out of the game.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You can avoid downgrading the viability of MW r3 armor by allowing it to be "elementalised" as with Dragonflight & Drow.

Being able to bump it to IL500 and match the stats to the mod12 gear will allow it to stay a worthy investment.

You say that all gear becomes obsolete, which is fine. But surely the amount of time it stays relevant has to be worth the cost compared to other gear sets?

Allow it to be Elementalised - you know you want to.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    @asterdahl you know, one very important point just occurred to me - some support classes, such as the Paladin, absolutely need to be over the Armor Pen cap in order to maintain threat.

However, Armor Pen/Resistance Ignored is not included in their primary stat attributes and is harder to find on higher IL gear.

Whilst your team is looking at the new Mod 12 gear, can you bear this in mind and please make sure classes have the right stat allocations for their respective roles?

• Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

You can avoid downgrading the viability of MW r3 armor by allowing it to be "elementalised" as with Dragonflight & Drow.

Being able to bump it to IL500 and match the stats to the mod12 gear will allow it to stay a worthy investment.

You say that all gear becomes obsolete, which is fine. But surely the amount of time it stays relevant has to be worth the cost compared to other gear sets?

I conceptionally like Elementalise, it should be reintegrated into the flow of the game. Even letting things like "Elemental Vivified" to exist.

And in a larger scale it would cost very little to not abandon old conceptions for the new, but make them (at least optionally) a part of it. Because old stuff being trash or having marginally useful makes players to just skip it and make a cut almost straight to the endgame gear, making them bored in a much faster rate. And making grindy contents like IG is a clear indicator that Cryptic wants to make this path longer, while actively building dead-ends. Revising old, marginally used stuff would make the gameplay more diverse, with resources that the already have.

For example, imagine making twisted set unbound, but making them as a reagent for the new tier weapon sets. Of course it cannot happen now (or can it? :P ), just theoretically thinking:

Would that made RD/Relic/MC II more expensive? Both later set costs a million or more, not mentioning the refining, so not with a high amount. People could run edemo (even though unbounding could make them not to) and you can tweak the new sets cost lower (for example with less arcane writing) if it seems to be the problem. In the sense of people wasting a tons of dragon keys for the chance +5, they could gain back a little more with edemo than ndemo, lowering the price of the twisted, while the lesser demonic keys would still make ndemo viable in that sense.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    armadeonx said:

• Options
    andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    @asterdahl,

I don't know how hard will you make to acquire the new items but the way to get to them is important. I really liked the way River district was built and finished it without getting bored at all. I didn't mind the time gating (it is useful I believe) and RNG held a minimal part in getting items. On the other hand, I hate how relic armor is acquired. Heavy RNG makes hard work irrelevant (25+ heroics in Bryn Shander and still no boots and from what I read FBI is a worse nightmare). Also getting groups for Heroics in places that players moved on is really frustrating. So, when farming items:
    -Please reward hard work and leave RNG out
    -If some group content is required (like heroics) make sure somehow that players want to repeat it after getting the items. That way new players will not be locked out due to insufficient nember of players doing the said content.

On a side note, like monotaur2857 stated earlier, the problem of red areas appearing at the same time or after the damage is applied is a very irritating thing. Due to this bug, you often die without reason and it misleads people to question your skill or focus on the game. I would appreciate if something can be done about it.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Sounds like some great new stuff coming.

Thank u for BIS seal armor i cant stand the RNG :smile:

Im Hyped for the new mod
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    @asterdahl
    Before we get to far into this process, I think it is very important to find out cryptics plans on the multi stacking debuffing pets.. right now most groups go for 5 of these.. as its way more powerful then anything in game otherwise.

Its important, because if you decide to nerf these 5 sellsword setups.. after you increase difficulty it might scew things wrong.

Can you get back to us on these.

(in my OWN personal opinion, I would just have each type of debuff, only stack once.. so 1 sell, 1 con, 1 shield) so stacking 10 sellswords at msva, isnt over the top anymore.

Right now its kind of frustrating
    .0., as everyone is getting piegonholed again, into the same 1 or 2 type companions. I cant believe that is intended design, and while I dont believe that these comps should be completely useless, I still believe that having 5 sellswords should stack on each other eeither.. most other games, wouldve prevented that Ive played int he past.

Please let us know, as I think this is a critical area of review, before we start testing any difficulty settings.

• Options
    theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

@asterdahl
    Before we get to far into this process, I think it is very important to find out cryptics plans on the multi stacking debuffing pets.. right now most groups go for 5 of these.. as its way more powerful then anything in game otherwise.

Its important, because if you decide to nerf these 5 sellsword setups.. after you increase difficulty it might scew things wrong.

(in my OWN personal opinion, I would just have each type of debuff, only stack once.. so 1 sell, 1 con, 1 shield) so stacking 10 sellswords at msva, isnt over the top anymore.

.0., as everyone is getting piegonholed again, into the same 1 or 2 type companions. I cant believe that is intended design, and while I dont believe that these comps should be completely useless, I still believe that having 5 sellswords should stack on each other eeither.. most other games, wouldve prevented that Ive played int he past.

Please let us know, as I think this is a critical area of review, before we start testing any difficulty settings.

1 Sellsword, 1 Con artist, 1 Rebel mercenary, 1 dancing shield, 1 ambush drake... [and a ton of other 5% thing that I can't remember]

If there's a debuff change I don't think that a 1/type is enough, it only delays to get again into the same problem.
  • Options
    dragonlancer#8992 dragonlancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    @asterdahl
    Can you please shed some light on this please:
    Mod12 will remove Elemental Seals and leave us only with Protector Seals.

So far, I liked Elemental Seals because I could trade in BtA stuff AND salvage it on one of my alts.
    Protector Seals only give BtC stuff, which can be salvaged only by the char trading them in.
    I think I am not the only one who has a kind of "backlog" of RAD piling up already, making Protector
    Seals kind of useless for me.

So are there any plans to make Protector Seals stuff also BtA? If not, many players who run T1 dungeons
    have less incentive to do so in the future and another source of income will go down the drain.
    Togehter with rewards being unsellable due to their bound nature, influx of AD gets harder and harder.
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User

@asterdahl

So far, I liked Elemental Seals because I could trade in BtA stuff AND salvage it on one of my alts.
    Protector Seals only give BtC stuff, which can be salvaged only by the char trading them in.
    I think I am not the only one who has a kind of "backlog" of RAD piling up already, making Protector

So are there any plans to make Protector Seals stuff also BtA? If not, many players who run T1 dungeons
    have less incentive to do so in the future and another source of income will go down the drain.
    Togehter with rewards being unsellable due to their bound nature, influx of AD gets harder and harder.

guys please read the dev blog i believe thew intention is to provide better gear in the process of ostorian rings which allow alot of players to increase their ef and stand a better chance of doing fbi nsva and msva . but thats my assumption please wait until further details is shed for thats the general ideas of these dev blogs #patienceisavirtue
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    I am really happy with the new gear. As i am in a small guild and can't give them MW gear it is great to have something else to aim for.

The harder the monsters are the better in my opinion my 4th strongest toon can easily do most content and that makes it just too easy it would be good to swear a bit on discord after a mob killed me on a map again :)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

@asterdahl

1 Sellsword, 1 Con artist, 1 Rebel mercenary, 1 dancing shield, 1 ambush drake... [and a ton of other 5% thing that I can't remember]

If there's a debuff change I don't think that a 1/type is enough, it only delays to get again into the same problem.
    True, I guess it still begs the question, WILL this be changed or not?

This really is quite critical before we start testing stuff.
  • Options
    dragonlancer#8992 dragonlancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2017

@asterdahl

guys please read the dev blog i believe thew intention is to provide better gear in the process of ostorian rings which allow alot of players to increase their ef and stand a better chance of doing fbi nsva and msva . but thats my assumption please wait until further details is shed for thats the general ideas of these dev blogs #patienceisavirtue
    I think you misunderstood me.

Quoting from Dev-Blog:
    "In addition to these changes, seals of the elements and outdated alliance equipment will be phased out. All previous sources of seals of the elements will now reward seals of the protector and all shards and miscellaneous items once purchasable with seals of the elements will now be purchasable with seals of the protector. Starting in Module 12, any seals of the elements can be exchanged 3:1 for seals of the protector at the seal trader. In a future module, seals of the elements will be removed completely."

My question is if Protector Seals stuff will remain BtA. That way (R)AD income is drastically reduced (again).
    I didn't comment any (new) stuff buyable with Protector Seals.
  • Options
    danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Lot of negative feedback, so i'd just like to say this game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loads of fun and I'm really looking forward to upcoming changes.

Never gonna please em all.
  • Options

Lot of negative feedback, so i'd just like to say this game is HAMSTER loads of fun and I'm really looking forward to upcoming changes.

Never gonna please em all.

As one of the titles in the River District says; "Experience Over Hope". Many of those commenting here have played for several years.

• Options
    mumidonmumidon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Suggestions:

1. No more stuff for salvaging in dungeons. We go to a dungeon to get seals to buy rings to salvage them finally. Say good buy your twins.
    2. Can suppose that to get new armor set full we need to gather new seals while 2-3 months cause of cap. Obviously no more grinding anymore.
    3. Nothing about daily/weekly AD rewards changes.
    4. F2P cut by 70th level cause it sounds like to beat enforced mobs in T1+ dungeons gamers need 11-12IL at least.
    The idea to do every new mod as free DLC and make gamers to pay to pass it is great. No jokes.

will the cw get a rework low hp low ac . and can we some more useful spells . after the last nerf bang no one uses soe, black hole, and pretty much most of them. Other than disintergrate all new spell are unused. And what kind of control will the cw have on these new powerful mobs just take the cw out of cw and call me an izard.

CW has being dead since m6. HR and TR have so effective control convertible to damage that Control Wizard sounds kidding. Choose a different class and enjoy the game.

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    BIS gear ha ha, for me all Gear is BIS, in the end of the day it will be spending a small fortune to acquire stuff that will get outdated in a couple of months, if i hadn't dropped the raid pigaches i would be using historian regalia, 2 dusk pieces, draconic loyalist visage, instead of dusk head and those pigaches i'm using, spending 5, 6, 7 million in equipment is ridiculous, people that use bondings, have good enchants, guild boons will see probably 1k more stats, if that is power probably 1% damage increase.

• Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl I am kind of disappointed the new enemies are not level 74, with monsters being more resistant, it would seem reasonable that they would be higher level as well. Also, the level scaling against level 74 enemies would make for much more engaging content, at least in my perspective.

Enemies will be significantly more difficult, they may even be harder than standard level 74 enemies in some cases. There are factors at play as to why we don't want to raise the level of enemies any further. (The stronghold event where enemy level is raised continually until you can't survive is a special case.) There are combat modifiers in place that penalize your damage against enemies 3 levels and more above you in a way that can't be overcome with stats.

If we continued to raise the level of enemies, your damage values would be going down dramatically. We'd rather increase the amount of defense and hit points enemies have instead of further clamping damage with combat modifiers. We could change the way combat modifiers work and raise the level of enemies, but we'd like to avoid this as if we ever raise the level cap in the future, it would make it very difficult to handle the levels of enemies. Player and enemy levels would get wildly out of sync or we'd have to dramatically adjust existing content. I want to make it clear that there are currently no plans to increase the level cap, but this is part of the consideration for why we are approaching the increase in strength of enemies in this manner.

The fact that we're not raising the level of enemies does not mean they won't be notably more difficult.
    I very much get your reasons for this .But I do very much hope that you understand that a very large number of players dont use the forum and when they enter game they will rush to the new area and see level 73 mobs and rush in and die. Then you will be flooded with very negative feed back . While I see your point for doing this as at some point we will see a level cap change in the "FUTURE" it would still be wise to make the current level 73 that will be effected with this new powers to show as level 74 and when the day comes for a level cap increase you could adjust them to fall in line with all the other new levels you will add at that time. But changing the difficulty and a level we are already accustomed to without making it "extremely clear" to all in game players will cause you to received a very negative review. But you can do as you wish, I want be the one getting yelled at.
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I fail to understand how this announces are bad news at all...

Basically i see an opportunity for players like me to get better stuff and more easily ( will not regret farming voninflood or crapoline if i can buy it instead with seals).

Should the things always stay the same for players who dont control the market, don't have the whole day to play or don't have a lot of money to spend just so the players who spent time don't feel "bad" ?

The more there is gap between old and new players, the more a game is close to die.

There is many things that are very wrong in how this game is handled but these recents news don't belong to them imho.

That said i don't do mastercraft at all and don't have the knowledge to understand why it wouls be a bad thing.
  • Options
    somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I don't see why everyone is getting so butt devastated over the new gear's level score.

They act like a Cryptic MMO is actually hard, or actually requires you to get it to do well in 99% of the game's content. It does not.

I've seen this same backwards mentality in Star Trek Online, and most MMOs also.

The fact that better game came out does not mean the gear you already got is now just absolutely rubbish.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Why are MMOs so focused on GEAR = PROGRESSION?

It is another money sink from what I can tell.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

patch goes live. This is just an outlet for you to use those unspent seals that you happen to no spend. Going forward we're planning to only maintain 2 endgame seals at a time to keep the number of currencies down.

The worry is that you're valuing elemental seals at 3:1 when they're really 2:1. If that happens to seal rewards in dungeons and we lose the seal bag from T1 dungeons it's another arbitrary nerf to salvage that's going to mostly hit lower ilvl players.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    > @mumidon said:
    > Suggestions:
    >
    > 1. No more stuff for salvaging in dungeons. We go to a dungeon to get seals to buy rings to salvage them finally. Say good buy your twins.
    > 2. Can suppose that to get new armor set full we need to gather new seals while 2-3 months cause of cap. Obviously no more grinding anymore.
    > 3. Nothing about daily/weekly AD rewards changes.
    > 4. F2P cut by 70th level cause it sounds like to beat enforced mobs in T1+ dungeons gamers need 11-12IL at least.
    > The idea to do every new mod as free DLC and make gamers to pay to pass it is great. No jokes. will the cw get a rework low hp low ac . and can we some more useful spells . after the last nerf bang no one uses soe, black hole, and pretty much most of them. Other than disintergrate all new spell are unused. And what kind of control will the cw have on these new powerful mobs just take the cw out of cw and call me an izard.
    >
    > CW has being dead since m6. HR and TR have so effective control convertible to damage that Control Wizard sounds kidding. Choose a different class and enjoy the game.
    I've played with some kickbuttt end game cws. They are def not obsolete. I've played w kickbuttt endgamers of all classes.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    > @armadeonx said:
    > Lot of negative feedback, so i'd just like to say this game is HAMSTER loads of fun and I'm really looking forward to upcoming changes.
    >
    >
    >
    > Never gonna please em all.
    >
    > As one of the titles in the River District says; "Experience Over Hope". Many of those commenting here have played for several years.

I've been in since nearly the beginning on Xbox and I don't see this as bad in any way lol. I think given all the ways they could have handled this it was done brilliantly. I agree that mw has been fumbled but Imo it was always an elitist system and backwards from the start. The best gear should not cost millions and millions. It should be earnable in game and accessible to everyone. What I see here is they had a choice of revisiting mod 6 or trying a new way of raising level cap. They are trying a new way. It may be flawed (I'm going to wait for it personally to see) or it may be a good path forward. No matter what they do it's going to be disruptive with this sort of thing. It's got to be done tho.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I like this change, I grow tired of mundane killing with no death and I finally have a use for my excess armor pen. I also did not put time and effort into relic gear as it seemed from the start a replay of the black ice gear that would not last, I think I would have been not happy if I did that and am glad I did not. Bring on the jungle and harder mobs!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies