test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glitched loadouts.

jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
edited June 2017 in PvE Discussion
Console player here.

We'll get mod 11.5 just in a few days and I was really looking forward to trying loadouts until I found out yesterday that they have a very annoying bug (@thefabricant reported it), not sure if I understood well what it was about but it seems that kind of renders them unusable.

The question are then, pc guys, how often is that bug happening? Is there any way to avoid that glitch and if so how? Should I refrain from trying loadouts out until the bug gets patched in mod 39 or so? @terramak this is why @thefabricant 's feedback shouldn't be ignored, whatever preview build had that bug shouldn't have made its way to live, it costs zen to buy extra slots for a feature that doesn't even work half decently if at all.

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I've had the most problems on my DC, and mostly when switching paragons (DO vs. AC).

I've had one particular DO loadout claim to be in in an invalid state a few times randomly (usually after unlocking a boon or getting power point). But then after a patch or some time later it unbugged itself. Like 2, maybe 3 times.

Oh and when I first got the loadouts I had the random respecs on my DC for maybe 3 times. My suggestion is to put 1 point into a power/feat, commit, and switch instances or move to a different map to see if it resets you.

I don't think it's so bad that I would recommend staying away though. For certain classes, loadouts are so amazing that it's worth putting up with the glitchiness. They are somewhat reasonably priced too (with coupons etc.) so you can save up and buy a few spares just in case one gets buggy for a while :X
  • Options
    xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Seriously loadouts are broken too?

• Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    @jamie4312 I ran into this problem as well over in Dread Ring. I was about to up and give up until I went back to PE and tried to get the loadout to accept my final underdark boon and it took. If its not working there, I don't know what I can tell you but if you haven't tried it there, give it a try and see if it takes. Might be a workaround until they can fix the bug. Good luck and let me know if it still works.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    Yeah, and actually I just added a loadout on my CW and got Sharp's bug for a while.

A combination of using a previously obtained free respec and moving maps after spending points finally got it working. So that's what I recommend. Spend a few points, change maps and check.

• Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @dupeks @majorcharvenak

Thank you very much for the feedback! Wow, the loadouts problem is far worse and annoying that I thought it'd be :worried: So ,would I be pretty much forced to use my free respec tokens just to have a chance to get the loadout to work and on top of that would I need to be switching maps a lot after spending every few power/feat/boon points just to have yet another chance to get them accepted?? :worried: That sounds horrible, the console community needs to know this so they don't get deal with that mess, heck, no nw player from any platform should have to get loadouts in such a broken and outright insulting state.
  • Options

@dupeks @majorcharvenak

Thank you very much for the feedback! Wow, the loadouts problem is far worse and annoying that I thought it'd be :worried: So ,would I be pretty much forced to use my free respec tokens just to have a chance to get the loadout to work and on top of that would I need to be switching maps a lot after spending every few power/feat/boon points just to have yet another chance to get them accepted?? :worried: That sounds horrible, the console community needs to know this so they don't get deal with that mess, heck, no nw player from any platform should have to get loadouts in such a broken and outright insulting state.

True it's annoying.

It's possible that the bug is tied to having free respecs pending (not everyone was effected).

It's also not so bad after you've got everything sorted. It's just getting it set up and making it stick is finnicky, but then it's OK... but yeah I wish it was even more stable
  • Options
    ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Also, there is another bug when you're switching loadouts. If it should switch rings, too (or one of them), it throws them in overflow bag, even if you have enough room in inventory. Already reported it, hopefully they'll repair it until thursday