test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Diving into my full DPS GF, a few questions

2»

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Fair point....I saw a poking stick in the Wondrous Bazaar, maybe this will do?

I could dual wield these bad boys!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

So the numbers are growing...I was there yesterday with another one from the Crusaders.

Stay strong brothers! we shall kick HAMSTER against the odds - hey wait! we have a shield why are we doing damage ?!? give us dual swords lol.

True DPS GF's transmute away their shield. I block attacks from giants with my wrists :)

I would love dual swords though...
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > As someone who plays a GF and used one setup for DPS and other for Tac Tank I will state this loud and clear, IMO GF are tanks first and foremost and it is why the damage by a GF will never truly compete with the other DPS class when played by equally geared and skilled players.
    >
    >
    > Damn, look out, we got a GF expert here!
    >
    > Watch out @xsayajinx1, sounds like we have a professional opinion that you're clearly no match for @wickedduck22#9795!

lol the problem is the gf can out dps most other dps classes, I ran fbi the other day with a dps gf and he crit for 65 mill I'm a maxed out gwf and my best ibs is 20 mill, the problem is a gf is a tank and it shouldn't be able to do crazy damage, we have classes for a reason otherwise it might as well just ad dps online
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited June 2017

lol the problem is the gf can out dps most other dps classes, I ran fbi the other day with a dps gf and he crit for 65 mill I'm a maxed out gwf and my best ibs is 20 mill, the problem is a gf is a tank and it shouldn't be able to do crazy damage, we have classes for a reason otherwise it might as well just ad dps online

You missed the sarcasm of the post I was responding to, of which was claiming that the GF "can't beat out a real DPS class".

Complaints suggest otherwise.

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I have a balance idea! Let's delete GF from game.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User

How about we delete all classes? Then you don't have to worry about balance at all.
    In fact, while at it, you should go ahead and delete the game too. In case monsters or zones are also unbalanced.

How about we delete all classes? Then you don't have to worry about balance at all.
    In fact, while at it, you should go ahead and delete the game too. In case monsters or zones are also unbalanced.

Nah man, let's do it Street Fighter I style: every class is the same, with the exact same powers, feats, and parameters. Only difference is in transmutes, dyes, and fashion.

Then anybody who can't figure out their own character has nobody to blame but themselves.
    Not that would stop some certain people from believing it's the game's fault and not their own.

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Nah man, let's do it Street Fighter I style: every class is the same, with the exact same powers, feats, and parameters. Only difference is in transmutes, dyes, and fashion.

Then anybody who can't figure out their own character has nobody to blame but themselves.
    Not that would stop some certain people from believing it's the game's fault and not their own.

Oh man. This sounds like oldschool D&D rules :smiley:

Being serious with this thread. I think people really should start to care about their toons more. I know people representing every single class that can do crazy amounts of damage. It's just about knowning your class and knowing how to utilise it. Sometimes I feel like some people here think that classes should work like:

Press button Q -> Use encounter -> Deal fixed amount of damage:

10 damage - if you're GWF
    9 damage - if you're CW
    8 damage - if you're HR
    7 damage - if you're TR
    6 damage - if you're SW
    5 damage - if you're OP
    2 damage - if you're DC
    0 damage - if you're GF.

• mitty#8178 mitty Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Well I hate to poke the GF police, but I had a few questions about DPS load outs:

-What powers do you use for Hati? Does KC mess up where he points his AoE?

-Do you worry about recovery? I am trying to keep some when I am the only GF so I can keep ITF up, but I am also struggling to get my Crit up where it should be.

-Will I ever stop forgetting to use the Wheel until mid-way through the run???

Many thanks,

Mitty

Well I hate to poke the GF police, but I had a few questions about DPS load outs:

-What powers do you use for Hati? Does KC mess up where he points his AoE?

ITF/KC/Griffon's for pretty much all boss fights.

A 3x combo of Griffon's is ****ing nuts and is hands down the GF's single target DPS encounter. Seriously, try it. Time your 3 presses just as you would an good IBS or Ice Knife hit.

I don't know what you mean by his AoE. If you mean his tail swipe, then you (as the GF) can't do much about that. If you mean the part where he stomps the ground, you also can't do much about that.

-Do you worry about recovery? I am trying to keep some when I am the only GF so I can keep ITF up, but I am also struggling to get my Crit up where it should be.

There's two ways to "fix" this issue:

-get really good at timing your attacks for the right moment (timing is everything for DPS in BiS endgame teams, screw up once and you can easily lose 20-30 mil damage, if not more)
    -run with an AC DC + Hastening and a Paladin + Wisdom and never worry about Recovery ever again

-Will I ever stop forgetting to use the Wheel until mid-way through the run???

If you know what comes next in the run/fight, then it becomes super easy to plan your moves accordingly.

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2017

rjc9000 said:

Oh man. This sounds like oldschool D&D rules :smiley:

Being serious with this thread. I think people really should start to care about their toons more. I know people representing every single class that can do crazy amounts of damage. It's just about knowning your class and knowing how to utilise it. Sometimes I feel like some people here think that classes should work like:

Press button Q -> Use encounter -> Deal fixed amount of damage:

10 damage - if you're GWF
    9 damage - if you're CW
    8 damage - if you're HR
    7 damage - if you're TR
    6 damage - if you're SW
    5 damage - if you're OP
    2 damage - if you're DC
    0 damage - if you're GF.

lol . . . this!

but I think that depending who ask it might change, some might say

100 damage - if you're GWF
    4 damage - if you're CW
    3 damage - if you're HR
    2 damage - if you're TR
    1 damage - if you're SW
    0 damage - if you're OP
    0 damage - if you're DC
    0 damage - if you're GF.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    So, finally unlocked Spell Plague on my GF and been running a fair bit of it recently (doing mass pulls).

This has proceeded to get me thinking about an AoE loadout, which in turn generates more questions!

1. Is Iron Vanguard ever worth it? Thinking SP specifically here, the frontline surge + ET deals a lot of damage to controllable mobs due to trample, but during the downtime on that combo you have to resort to spamming cleave, which is nowhere as good as WMS both in terms of damage and AoE.

Has anyone played around with IV DPS with good results?

2. Lightning enchantment. Is it actually worth it? I've been trying runs where I swap enchants between every boss fight and can't seem to notice a difference paingiver wise (I know thats a horrible measurement, but it's all us console folks have).
  • m4rs551#4650 m4rs551 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2017
    I have had this question for a few days now, did some (a lot) of checking and no one seems to have asked it before. Does Burning Guidance proc on Crushing Surge? I wanted to get Thayan Bastion or Madness but, then I took a second look at the final skills and that question just popped into my head. The reason it came up is that I'm focusing my Tactician Sword Master GF around Crit, Defense, Armor Pen. and Power while using buffs to increase damage and resistance for allies and myself. Yes, its an all around mess of a fustercluck but I favor the jack of all trades approach in terms of versatility. ^_^

EDIT: And before I forget, I also use Steel Blitz and have my Burning Sword centered around that skill for risky DPS along with a flaming enchanment. Come at me bro I got Omniblade. >:D
    Post edited by m4rs551#4650 on
    edited July 2017

I have had this question for a few days now, did some (a lot) of checking and no one seems to have asked it before. Does Burning Guidance proc on Crushing Surge? I wanted to get Thayan Bastion or Madness but, then I took a second look at the final skills and that question just popped into my head. The reason it came up is that I'm focusing my Tactician Sword Master GF around Crit, Defense, Armor Pen. and Power while using buffs to increase damage and resistance for allies and myself. Yes, its an all around mess of a fustercluck but I favor the jack of all trades approach in terms of versatility. ^_^

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. Crushing Surge hits so slowly that trying to use it to multi-proc Burning Guidance is a dumb idea (we're not Healadins who (Edit: lmao, synonym for flatulence is censored, what is this, third grade?) heals everytime they take a step). And, Crushing Surge has good base damage, so you'd be better off buffing Surge's base damage than trying to get multi-procs.

I would personally get Endless Consumption, as getting more out of your lifesteal is more useful than the rest of he boons. Thayan Bastion has a lengthy internal cooldown and GFs get hit alot, meaning its more likely you'll waste it on that random 2000 damage hit than using it on that crucial 150,000 hit. Rampaging is alright, but sometimes you get it just as you finish off a mob pack, so its uptime gets wasted while you run to the next set of mobs.

EDIT: And before I forget, I also use Steel Blitz and have my Burning Sword centered around that skill for risky DPS along with a flaming enchanment. Come at me bro I got Omniblade. >:D

Ew, omniblade.

Only those heathen humans, dirty suit rats, flexibility-less bird men, and mutant vorcha need to use omni-blades.

Be a real krogan and headbutt your enemies to death! Or, even better, give them the Krogan **** slap!

Another good alternative is the glorious Batarian Falcon Punch master race.

• m4rs551#4650 m4rs551 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the info but, I was asking whether or not it procs since I do not think Crushing Surge counts as a healing 'spell' per se. Its bugging the heck out of me. Plus, KROGANS ALL THE WAY! Except, when I said Omniblade I meant Cloud's final weapon skill from FF7. ME3's Omniblade is kinda, and I say this as a weapon enthusiast regardless of complexity, not so impressive regardless of its elemental configuration from a gameplay standpoint. Still pretty to look at though, now show me yo moves!