test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Weapon Fighter: Unstopabble Broken in Demogorgon Master.

dandeloreondandeloreon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
I was running a few runs of Demogorgon Master and noticed that Unstoppable is worthless during this fight. If you get hit with a Psychotic break and activate the Unstoppable ability you wind up wasting all of your determination on a futile effort because you are completely rooted in one spot being a super squishy pinyata for all foes to squash you with great ease.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It effects everyone to some degree, not just GWF. Villain's Menace, Lurker's Assault, any kind of buff power can get ruined by the effect.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I think his comment is about unstoppable is supposed to immune to control effects. If Phychotic break is considered to be a control effect, it should not stop unstoppable. However, may be it is a "personal" thing. i.e. you are not 'controlled'. You just lose your mind yourself. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    FWIW, I think Psychotic Break is meant to be a "piercing" control effect. It breaks all other forms of control immunity and is not reduced by control reduction.

So yeah it's hard when you get hit with it and you're in a bad spot / surrounded by baddies. But that's kind of the whole point of the mechanic. It's meant to encourage you closing tears carefully and clearing the map as to not get overwhelmed.

Whether or not you enjoy this particular mechanic is a different question. But it's funny how often "mechanics that cannot be entirely ignored" are reported as bugs / broken.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Villain's Menace is also control immunity. You could add Impossible to Catch and Anointed Army to the list. It seems clear that PB is supposed to ignore all of that.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • dandeloreondandeloreon Member Posts: 32 Arc User

I think his comment is about unstoppable is supposed to immune to control effects. If Phychotic break is considered to be a control effect, it should not stop unstoppable. However, may be it is a "personal" thing. i.e. you are not 'controlled'. You just lose your mind yourself. :)

That is part of the issue. The problem lies with three possible Issues.
    1. Control Immunities in the "Demogorgon (Master)" Epic Trial dungeon are bugged. If I remember correctly the Non-Master version of Demogorgon has Control Immunities working properly.
    2. The Lore book is incorrect about Demogorgan. It does not specifically state that Psychotic Break will cause Control Effect Immunites to be worthless.
    3. The abilities that include Control Iumminity need updating to mention that some enemies have the ability to break Control Immunity.
    dupeks said:

FWIW, I think Psychotic Break is meant to be a "piercing" control effect. It breaks all other forms of control immunity and is not reduced by control reduction.

So yeah it's hard when you get hit with it and you're in a bad spot / surrounded by baddies. But that's kind of the whole point of the mechanic. It's meant to encourage you closing tears carefully and clearing the map as to not get overwhelmed.

Whether or not you enjoy this particular mechanic is a different question. But it's funny how often "mechanics that cannot be entirely ignored" are reported as bugs / broken.

That may be the case, but there is no mention in the news nor patch notes about this ability causing Control Effects on characters with abilities that specifically grant Immunity to Control Effects.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

That may be the case, but there is no mention in the news nor patch notes about this ability causing Control Effects on characters with abilities that specifically grant Immunity to Control Effects.

That's Fair

@nitocris83 @terramak Would it be possible to get clarification as to whether the Psychotic Break attack in the Demogorgon and Epic Demogorgon skirmishes is intended to ignore all control immunities? The lore entry does not specify.

Personally, I think it's WAI and would be generally surprised if they changed anything after all of this time (or admitted it wasn't planned this way). The lore entry journals could definitely be better though, if you look at the ones for Drufi for instance the ones about Squall or Perfmafrost Shards are equally vague in understating the actual effects.